“Specialty is BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Specialty is BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was our second time here. We each had a different entree and the meat was delicious. Unfortunately, the french fries were mediocre, soggy and tasteless.

Visited June 2014

“Live here and its last on my list of places to eat.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Prices are higher end of what you'd expect in ABQ for fast food. But this is not fast. Servers are not slow, but kitchen can be. 9$ for guacamole and chips? Go for the Jalapeno straws. Ask the server to check with the kitchen before setting your heart on meat. When its gone, its gone. They were out of several items for our order. We ended up leaving and going to another restaurant in town.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“One more try, it was the same”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have tried this place before(carryout and lunch). It was when it first opened so it was not bad. We tried it for liunch again and we are not pleased at what we got. We entered with my husbands father, so we asked for a warm spot. We were seated in the main area and it was cold. Everything we ordered took quite awhile to get to us, even a beer. I had a taco salad with chicken, my husband a chicken fried steak and my father in law a pulled pork sandwitch. There was maybe five tables seated and eating and still we waited. One taste of my chicken and it was awful. It tasted like it had been in the fridge and absorbed other smells. The waitress was kind of enough to bring me a new salad which I replaced the chicken with pulled pork. The pork was dry and the taco shell was streachy and soggy on bottom. My husband finished 1/2 his chicken fried steak and I asked my father in law how his meal was and he said it's OK(normally everything is good ). During our meal an employee left slamming doors and said to H-- with the Ice House.This place normally seems busy, but as usual in small places everything is lax. To us this is not barbeque, it is dry smoked meat. We will not return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Diamond in the rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great place to eat. Service is good. Food was good. The BBQ sauce was very unique, in a good way. If you're in Raton or passing through around dinner time, put it on your list to stop & eat.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sulphur Springs, Texas
“Good Food/ Blatant Overcharge”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I ate here last Wednesday and for the most part enjoyed our food. The ribs are to die for, the brisket ok. We loved the Tennessee Red BBQ sauce and wanted to buy a jar. We didn't want to worry with toting it around all vacation, so we waited til we were headed back home to Texas and made a special trip back by. The waitress that rang up my purchase charged my card for more than twice the price marked on the bottle. Not cool and her attitude was poor and insulting. Sad thing is we travel that way often but will never stop here again as they have done nothing to resolve the overcharge.

• Visited August 2013