“In a pinch, it works” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Raton
Summerville, SC
“In a pinch, it works”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

What can I say? Having experienced the new Motel 6 the night before, this motel won't see a new make over for some years. The price was very good. The room was old, and worn. I wish all motels would get rid of the bed coverings. The ac was not very efficient, dirty, hence the floor fan. The tv was old but it worked. Have to pay for internet. No bugs. The area is run down. Bring new life to the Motel and the area will change.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was the dirtiest Motel 6 I have ever been to. The parking lot was covered with ice, even though the storm was several days old. The curtain was coming apart and had holes in it.
I pulled the covers back and saw hairs from the previous occupant on the pillow, etc.

I have frequented Motel 6 in the past but this one needs a lot of help.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The thin white lady who checked us into our room was great. She gave me a small discount when I asked, showed me on a map where our room was, and also offered us coffee in the morning. They even had the heater on so when we got to our room it was already warm! The house keeper, Brent, was also very helpful when I forgot something after check out. However, a Mexican lady who worked there, called us at 2:30 in the morning to make us move our truck and trailer and said it was taking up too many spaces and there was no where else for other guests to park... Ok. No problem. Except when my husband went to move it, he noticed several empty spaces and then in the morning the spaces our tuck and trailer had previously occupied were still empty! So thank you lady for waking us up for no reason after driving for 13 hours straight.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Raton, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Danielle,
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Oakman, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

we were on a return from Colorado Springs and chose this place because it was late and we were tired. One of the best Motel 6 we had stayed nice room, great staff, and great value. Granted this is not the place if you are looking for luxury but for weary people looking for a place to stay it was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel was clean ans the bed was comfortable. If those things are all that you require then it's a fine hotel. What I didn't like was the way they nickel and dime a person. The room was only a few dollars cheaper than the Super 8 next door But I could have saved money by paying the extra.

This motel charges extra for a mini fridge ($3), for a tiny microwave ($3) and get this, $3 extra for EACH DEVICE connected to their internet. On top of that, they offer no breakfast of any type and when I checked out at 7am, the coffee wasn't even ready.

Back to the fridge and microwave - I did not ask for those items nor did I want them but when I told the desk clerk this his answer was, "But they're already in the room." I say so? He then replied that he has to charge me because they were already there. I wasn't in the mood to argue so I paid but I am regretting it now. And, I didn't use the items.

You might pay a little more somewhere else but it will be worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Raton, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Ronbo400,
Thank you for taking the tie to submit a review. We apologize for your unsatisfactory stay and encourage you to contact our guest relations department to report your experience. 1-800-557-3435.
Fort Mohave
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Check in was ok but room was just awful. Sheets had hairs on them when I complained to the front desk he asked me to come in and get clean sheets. I then had to remake the bed myself. This was the only concession given, clean sheets. Ice machine was broken. Pool was closed for repairs. WIFI is an extra charge. Hmmmm? Never again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was only $47 for two of us for a weekday rate, $39+tax for one. Staff was very pleasant but when you have the night check in via the window sadly you need to try to read lips because the 4 soda machines are very loud but she did a great job at pointing on a map where our room was and pointing at the paperwork where we needed to fill it in. The rooms are very old and sadly not cleaned very well. The bathrooms need a good cleaning around the floor boards and walls. The shower is one of those corner rounded units that the shower head comes out of the side opposite the wall. Not an easy shower for a 6' tall person or a lady trying to shave her legs. The one thing I disliked the most was the worn out old blanket used on the bed. Both rooms had the same nasty blanket. They do offer extra parking in a lot next to the hotel for trailers and RV's. So all in all if you are just passing through and need a cheap room for a night this is the place bed was clean, not super comfortable but clean, just was not fond of the blanket and I am sure we will stay there again when passing through.

Room Tip: Request a room on the bottom floor much easier to get to. Hotel had several people, including us, ch...