“Made me nervous” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 19 hotels in Raton
Oklahoma
“Made me nervous”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Spent one night on way home from Colorado. BAD: The sheets were dirty with hairs and stains and bedspread torn. Whole room needed a good cleaning (Blood stain on pillow - gross) Possibly gang related or at least suspicious looking young men outside the next morning. GOOD: Price was cheap. Good lighting in parking lot
I've been there before a few years ago and my husband spend a week there on two separate occasions a few years ago. However, I don't ever want to go back. We felt uneasy even though nothing "bad" happened; it just felt like it could.

Room Tip: Don't recommend for women travelers or solo travelers.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were just stopping for the night. I wanted a clean place to sleep. I slept, all right, but the great beds that other reviews talk about must have gotten another room! Worn out bed, for sure. And clean doesn't describe this, for sure. A previous guest had written a note on the mirror about hair on the walls of the shower. Hair gone, mostly, but not the note. I was amused by the hand towel hanging from the ceiling fan; I can see what a previous guest thought should be cleaned as the white fan blades were furry with black dirt. The phone doesn't plug into the connection; we discovered that it wasn't plugged in and moved the nightstand to fix it. Big mistake, got a load of all the filth behind the nightstand. I should have paid more and stayed somewhere nicer, like maybe slept in my car. I'm sitting here looking at a wall mounted tissue holder, which is of course empty

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I travel alot this trip was unexpected so my budget was tight. Normally I stay at a Marriott so figured I'd use my points to save, however, no Marriott within three hours of here. The Colt charged me $90 for two nights. Loved the price but I was nervous. The room was clean and bigger than I'd expected. Fridge was larger as well bigger than the 'dorm' fridge of most. Bathroom is small and somewhat dated but no problems. Not the amenities of chain hotels; no breakfast etc. definitely worth the price though. Saw older reviews here; apparently they're under new mgmt and the lady running it was very pleasant. I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I used the Expedia site and it says "PETS ACCEPTED" they charged me and extra $200 for my dog. The office had a nasty smell. The room smelled musty. I had to park my car by my window, because of some of the people there. I thought about leaving a 10pm for another Motel, I should have. NEVER AGAIN .....I WILL SLEEP IN MY CAR IF I HAVE TO!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Kampala, Uganda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Rooms were clean and nice. Not to many amenities like big chain motels. Price was very econmical. We had garage to park our car. No breakfast but had coffee in the room. In all we had good stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
denver, co
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

had stayed here a few years ago. but the room this time was dirty and musty. only one towel in the bathroom. new shower heads are nice! but they tried to charge me for the towel. not sure what is going on here. oh well.

good price - but not the same value overall as before.

would not recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

The INSIDE of the room was clean. The outside was a different story....it consists of potholed and worn-out asphalt some over-grown weeds and a paint job done about 20 years ago.

The rooms are very small, the amenities are bare (one bar of soap and some thin towels), the shower would only shoot out hot water (better than cold but it still had no temperature control) and the shower head sprayed everywhere (front, back and both sides), most of the water shot to the rear of the shower head. The other residents? guests? couldn't tell....were less than desirable. For the price I paid I would have expected more.

One nice thing is there is wireless internet and a carport.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Colt Motel? Share your experiences!