“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Texas
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

A little off the beaten path, but well worth the drive! Great outdoor patio and the best chile rellenos that we have ever eaten! The stuffed sopapilla was delicious and the guacamole and salsa were tasty as well. We also thought the red and green sauces were exceptional. They do not serve alcohol. Enjoy your meal and then stroll over to the San Francisco de Asis church.

Visited June 2014

Seattle
“Beautiful building across from the San Francisco de Asisi Church”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

And reportedly the best New Mexican cuisine in the area. I went with a large group, in fact we pretty much took over the restaurant. Inexpensive and delicious food. I was limited in what I could order as I can't handle spicy foods, though I was happy with the quesadillas and the sopiapillas with honey. No alcohol was served due to the proximity of this (quite famous and unique) church. The service was outstanding and we'd definitely go again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ponca City, Oklahoma
“Just what I was looking for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We love New Mexican food and this hit the spot. Both my husband and I had the stuffed sopapillas with the green chili, he had the beef and I had the chicken, They were both really good. My daughter had the chili fries with the red chili and she enjoyed it. I had a taste and the red chili was good too. The sopapillas were awesome! Not like those small ones that come covered with cinnamon and sugar that we usually get in the tex-mex places where we live. They were huge and so soft and fluffy inside. Tasted great with honey drizzled inside.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stopped here on our way through town and we were not disappointed. The food, atmosphere and service were excellent! Highly recommend!

Denver, Colorado
“Great Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have eaten in a lot of Mexican restaurants but this one was in the top 5. Lovely adobe building near the San Francisco de Assis church. There were 4 of us and the staff worked to find us a table on the patio for lunch. Very attentive service and lovely atmosphere. I had veggie enchiladas with vegetarian green chili which was delicious. Plenty of veggies and not overdone. Others had the crane avodada which they said was wonderful. Sopapillas were enormous and too much fried dough for me but those in our party who ate them said they were great. Recommend this restaurant for a casual and delicious meal.

And the church was great to photograph while here!