“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Pagosa Springs, Colorado, United States
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My partner and I had lunch there and later when back for dinner. Though the restaurant was packed the service was good. The food was ample and spectacular. I had the Veggie enchiladas which were excellent with fresh grilled vegetables in them. Was very impressed by the green Chile. My partner raved about the Chicken tacos. Everything was outstanding! The menu was diverse and left lots of new options to try in the future which can't come too soon!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tucson, Arizona
“Felt Like Applauding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Such a hidden gem. Tucked away in the plaza of one of the oldest mission churches in the southwest is some of the best food on the planet. Don't miss this one. I was in Taos to shoot pictures of the mission and the parking lot full of cars was blocking my shot so I went in to kill some time and wait for the right light. I ordered what I thought were simple beef tacos and was blown away by the flavor. The salsa is spectacular, very spicy but not hot, loved it. I live in the southwest (Tucson) and have eaten thousands of of tacos in my time but these were the best by far. The sopapillas are worth the trip by themselves. This is the best meal I've had in New Mexico and it was only $13. Service was great too.The parking lot was still full when I left so I'll have to go back to get my picture.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newcastle, Wyoming
“Great lunch and dinner in Taos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by several locals as an authentic New Mexican cuisine restaurant. It is in the compound of the San Francisco de Asis Church, which is also a must see in Taos. We thought this restaurant was outstanding in its menu and the taste of the food. Prices were very reasonable and service very good. The first night we went we saw an employee from another local restaurant eating there too. Good recommendation!

Visited September 2013
Chicago, IL
“Great Food, but no alcohol”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We started off with salsa and guacamole which were hotter than expected and didn't sit well with me. However, my dining companions, who must be made of sterner stuff, were unfazed and so plowed right through their meals. They thought it was a great place except for the fact that they couldn't get a beer or margarita. My husband made the reservation and somehow missed the fact that because of its proximity to a church, it couldn't serve alcohol. That aside, the food was good and even though my stomach was a bit off after the salsa, I did enjoy the warm sopapilla's and honey. Reasonably priced food. Lots of families and noise.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Northern New Mexico fare.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Food had a great flavor. Service was superb. Don't miss this restaurant for fresh flavor-able food. It is a great place away from the bustle of the plaza.

• Visited September 2013