“Disappointing - poor management !” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: O.M.H. Is a historic adobe nestled in the heart of the original Ranchos de Taos. We serve Euro inspired traditional New Mexican cuisine, serving Brunch and Dinner. The Bar has many local and import beers on tap with fine French, Italian, Domestic and Local wines on our list. Check our online calendar for upcoming Live Music shows!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Disappointing - poor management !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was looking forward to a return visit to Old Martina's, as earlier visits had been excellent. This time, the one waitress and one bartender were totally overwhelmed by a lunch rush that was entirely predictable... why were there only two people running the entire dining room during lunch?

When we arrived a few minutes before noon, there were four other tables seated and it was clear that this was about the limit that the staff could handle. By the time we left (90 minutes later, much of it spent waiting for the bill) the 14 seated tables were way too many for the staff. I don't fault the waitress at all; she was doing her best as the only waitstaff throughout our visit, but no one person could possibly keep up with the number of tables she was required to cover.

This restaurant needs a good manager as soon as possible, and one who is present at all times, not a hands-off (and absent) manager as we experienced on our recent visit.

The food, as on previous visits, was excellent.

I may try Old Martina's again, but there are so many other enticing options in Taos and vicinity, it may be a very long time before I bother.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Taos, New Mexico
“wonderful food and entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have dined there about 5 times and have never been disappointed. the dishes are attractive and of excellent quality. I have enjoyed several great performances there including local bands. the large hall can be a little chilly in the winter though.

Visited April 2014
Shavano Park, Texas, USA
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Our waitress, Patricia R., was delightful and attentive to my allergies and served everything we ordered wonderfully. The Chef made sure I had a meal that would please my palette and my sight. My husband totally enjoyed his selection too. Nothing could have been better during our meal at Old Martina's Hall. We did dine there the night before the. Mother's Day crowd!

Visited May 2014
Eureka, CA
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was here for a family wedding rehearsal dinner. I had the salmon as my entre, and it was delicious. And my appetizer was the pecan crusted chili rellenos, which was fantastic. I loved the little dessert treats; miniature lemon pie, chocolate mousse, etc.My only complaint was that the room was very noisy. But there were about 50 of us in this ancient adobe building.

Visited April 2014
“Lovely lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Well, ok, this place is pricy, but the location is so very lovely. The women's restroom is absolutely gorgeous. So comfortable.

Visited December 2013