“SUPERB!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: O.M.H. Is a historic adobe nestled in the heart of the original Ranchos de Taos. We serve Euro inspired traditional New Mexican cuisine, serving Brunch and Dinner. The Bar has many local and import beers on tap with fine French, Italian, Domestic and Local wines on our list. Check our online calendar for upcoming Live Music shows!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“SUPERB!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I have anxiously awaited the opening of this restaurant for the past several years in Taos and it was worth the wait. The space is great and we loved our dinner so much we returned two days later for breakfast, which didn't disappoint. For dinner we had the zucchini shaved salad for starters followed by the duck and beef stroganoff special. The salad was fresh, the duck was delicious and cooked to perfection and the beef stroganoff tasted like homemade. We finished our meal with a fresh baked chocolate eclair which was the best I have tasted in ages--not too sweet or rich. Our meal was perfection.

We decided to return Sunday morning for breakfast and both our dishes were excellent. Coffee and meals delivered piping hot, service friendly, and no long wait.

Since we had both meals relatively early, there were no service issues. One suggestion is to have some low background music for a bit of ambience but beyond that we highly recommend visiting AND returning to Old Martina's Hall.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Beautiful restoration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We went for breakfast and enjoyed everything immensely. The staff was prompt, courteous and very helpful with menu suggestions. The food arrived piping hot and perfectly cooked. Everything was delicious! They also brought us some orange marmalade with our toast. Great but no interest. Our server was quick to tell us that they made EVERYTHING in house and the marmalade was no exception. OK, I'll try it. Damn! Bought two jars to go it was so good!

Granted they are a new restaurant but I did not notice that fact to be a problem. Granted there are some things I would do differently but nothing that screamed "Fix me". We had such a good experience at breakfast, we tried to go back for lunch. Unfortunately for us, about 100 other people had the same idea. Maybe next time.

Beautiful space. Really good food and a place I hope will be around for years.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nicest and newest restaurant in Taos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Haven't tried dinner here yet, but the breakfasts (served till 3 pm) are really delicious. Lunch was OK, and the owner, Martina, made sure to come over to my table and to make sure next time I ask for a spot with adequate light for reading. This has NEVER happened to me anywhere, and I can't say how impressed I am as a diner who likes to brings a newspaper to read. In addition, Martina has an admirable mission: to restore an historic building and to employ locals to help boost our economy. Opening this restaurant was a labor of love for her. I admire her long fight against an administration whose special interests tried every trick in the book to keep her from opening. The chef is Gutiz, former owner of one of Taos' most popular eateries. Also for sale are baked goods, high quality French pastries, and local preserves and beauty products. There's take-out which makes it a handy stop on the way for Santa Fe. Lots of parking. I try to go at off times to avoid crowds as it is usually busy.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Taos, New Mexico
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Dessert selection is to die for... Blueberry/ assorted fruit tarts are deeee lish!.. Coffee is perfect, Breakfast burrito is so full of flavor, eggs Benedict has a wonderful lemony hollandaise sauce that I loooove!... Have yet to try dinner, but if its anything like my brunch experience.. We're all good!... A must try here in Taos!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Taos, New Mexico
“Fantastic healthy food beautifully served”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

As a European who once dated a chef, I think that this really is Taos' only 5star restaurant. While they are still going through some service related training issues, the food is outstanding and everyone who works there is working hard to make it the best place regarding service as well. We have been there for breakfast, lunch and now dinner multiple times and have always had a great experience. I buy their pastries in bulk - not too sweet, wonderfully designed and just top notch quality. Rivals anything I've seen anywhere in the entire U.S. and is reminiscent of pastry shops in Paris, Brussels and Brugge. There are some German items on the menu I could probably do better, but as far as going out - this is my favorite place.

• Visited November 2012