“AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Budget Host Inn Taos
and 1 more site!
You added Budget Host Inn Taos to your Saves list
Budget Host Inn Taos
1798 Paseo del Pueblo Sur (Highway 68), PO Box 729, Ranchos De Taos, Taos, NM 87557   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ranchos De Taos
“AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The management was very unprofesional and rude. Had 3 rooms for 4 nights with no maid service at all. As a private contractor i would not recomend this hotel to anyone . Steve Schwarz SMS M\H SERVICE.

• Stayed February 2013

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Santa Fe NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I just needed a place to stay for one night while I took an art workshop in Taos. The hotel was near the workshop location and reasonably priced for just a place to sleep. I never dreamed it would be such a dump! I must say the managers (owners?) were polite.
The first hint of something strange is when I walked into the 'lobby' and was hit with fresh cigarette smoke coming from the room to the side of the check in desk. Then they handed me the TV remote with my room key. I parked my car as near to the stairs as I could which happened to be next to an old pickup that was obviously not working, was surrounded by tumble weeds and orange cones and used as a storage space. Upon unlocking the door to my room I was hit with the smell of stale(?) air....cigarette? dirty carpet? old?.... I had specifically asked if the room was a non-smoking room and was told it was. I suppose they meant if I didn't want to smoke, then it was a non-smoking room....from the numerous cigarette burns on the carpet, it clearly was at one time a smoking room. OK, so I'm really tired and just want a shower and clean sheets. The toilet worked. The shower worked and the hot water was really nice, for about 8 minutes and then it started getting cold. There was not a stopper in the sink, but thankfully I didn't need there to be. Thankfully too, I brought my own hairdryer since there was not one in the room. There were two little bars of nice smelling soap (the only thing that smelled nice in there!).
The sheets were thin but clean and there were two firm pillows and two softer pillows; the bed was reasonably comfortable (or was I just so tired I didn't care?).
The remote that I was handed upon check in turned on a small TV that got very poor reception completing my 'slumming experience'. I got out of there as early as I could the next morning.
Do not stay at Budget Host Inn and warn others!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms at other hotels....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

for a traveller passing thru taos, wanting to stay for a month or so, this is a great deal. it's not the hilton, but the owner is very friendly, and the rates are decent. there aren't a ton of places to stay in this small town for temporary terms, unless you rent a room out of someone's house, but this motel allows people to stay in their own space, at a great location for a fair price. good stuff.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
gold bar, wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

This motel is really clean and comfortable. In room coffe and a big room. Good prices.
My upstairs room had beautiful wood beams.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Bragg, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2005

I love Taos, NM, but when my sister and I took a road trip together (Sept. 2004) being both over 70 and on fixed incomes, we looked for "cheap sleeps" and found many that were excellent. But the Budget Host Inn in Taos was not one of them. It looks not too bad from the outside, but ... the ONLY non-smoking room with two beds was upstairs, and the covered stairs were crumbling and rain leaked through the roofing! Not great when we each had two trips with luggage. Inside, the beds were hard, lumpy and not too clean. We could get NO water from either the bathtub or the shower! The sink was not an ideal substitute, being cracked and broken and unsanitary looking. The A/C worked but was very noisy. Thank goodness for ear plugs. We paid $53 for this sleazy place and asked for a refund when there was no water, but didn't get it.

Been to Budget Host Inn Taos? Share your experiences!