“Southwest Road Trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sky City Casino Hotel

You added Sky City Casino Hotel to your Saves list
Sky City Casino Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Interstate 40, Exit 102, PO Box 310, Pueblo of Acoma, NM 87034   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pueblo of Acoma
Arlington, Virginia
“Southwest Road Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at Sky City Casino Hotel since it was conveniently located to Acoma. The rooms were nice, the public areas were very casino focused. There is not much to do in the area, if you don't gamble, so, we spent a quiet night in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stopped at Sky City on our way to Phoenix in April, had a nice night. Beds were wonderful, people were friendly. The price was very reasonable and included a free breakfast buffet. Rooms were not luxurious but were very clean and roomy, lots of hot water. Casino was small, but nice. We enjoyed our night there so much, we made a point of stopping there on our way home a month later. Once again it was nice, the people were friendly, had a nice chat with the manager. I intend to make a regular stop there whenever I go to Phoenix to visit my Son.

Room Tip: ask for the 59$ room rate on Sun.-Thurs.
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I went in with very low expectations after having read other reviews on this site and was very pleasantly surprised: yes, it is a casino (we were there on a Saturday night), yes, it has lots of trucks parked out front, but I had no issues with noise whatsoever and found the room very comfortable, with amenities that were appropriate for the price.

On a recent trip, we chose (and paid more for) two hotel rooms based on their location and proximity to attractions. This one was worth it! Very convienient to Acoma Sky City Pueblo. Staff were friendly, room was immaculate and comfortable.

I booked through a third party booking site, and was told that for that reason I did not get a complementary breakfast. I have not encountered that before, and it is pretty unreasonable. We just ate at the McDonald's which is right across the parking lot anyway.

Room Tip: Third floor was good- no noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Needham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Chose to stay here so that we could make the 9:30 AM tour of the Sky City. We got a room on the third floor which was neat and clean. We noticed that the rugs in the hallways on the first floor were spotted.

Our room overlooked the gas station next door. I would ask for a mountain view the next time.
We ate at the restaurant in the hotel. Average food and very pleasant service. Pillows were on the skimpy side; bedding was great.

If you go on a Thursday night, the casino will double the amount of free plays you can get at the casino as a FIRST time visitor. We did get a free breakfast when we booked our room on line. Okay breakfast.

I would stay here again if I bring visitors to the Sky City because of the close location to the Pueblo.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view in the back.
Glasgow, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was a nice place to stay while on the road. The room was clean, but not fancy. The walls are thin so you could hear noises. The casino was fine and the food was good. As a new players club member, we were given a discount on the dinner buffet and free breakfasts. We also got $25 free money to play on the slots. That was great. If we ever pass their way again, we might stay again. The staff was great, but the lobby was hard to hear in- back ground noise- made it hard to hear the man behind the counter.

Room Tip: Rooms are on the small side and there is NO constant fan to cover noise.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Port Severn ON.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Sky City on April 13/13. We have stayed at many casino/hotels and found this one to be more expensive than most. The rooms were ok but nothing special and I was given the impression that a free breakfast buffet went with the room. I learned in the morning that we were eligible for a $5.00 cupon toward the buffet, which was ok but again nothing special, particularly for a casino. When we travel, we like to keep in touch with family via the internet and always make sure that wifi is available before booking. When we settled in the room, I was not able to connect. When I called the front desk, I was told that they were experiencing problems with the internet and the gentleman explained he was attempting repairs. I kept trying to connect but was not able to and finally gave up. In the morning I again could not connect, and when I explained this to the front desk I was advised that they were not aware of any problems. I did connect in the lobby and breakfast buffet and sent my messages. When I checked out and mentioned the wifi problems again, they said they were not aware of any problems. I reminded them that I had spoken to staff that were fully aware that a problem had in fact exsisted and did make attempts to fix it. I asked for some consideration, perhaps by way of a discount and they flatly refused. I do not appreciate the treatment and service provided.

Room Tip: If wifi is a concern, make sure it is working in your room first.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lgrant2001, General Manager at Sky City Casino Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize you experienced all the difficulties with the internet. Also, we do offer a full breakfast buffet Monday through Friday complimentary when booking Best Available Rate. However, Sunday brunch we only offer two $5.00 off breakfast vouchers per room night for the following mornings. We have a made to order omelet station and offer an extensive variety of items on the Brunch Buffet. We apologize if you were not informed of this at check in. We hope you give us another chance. We value your feedback and will make every attempt to insure you have an excellent future stay with us!
Kind regards,
Laura Grant
Sky City Casino Hotel Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We had to pull in because of a snow storm,
The employees where so very nice. The rooms where very clean, beds where comfortable, pillows a little on the soft side but can live with that, since the rooms where clean and did not smell at all.
The casino was a lot on the hot side, I know it was cold out side but inside was like being In a furnace.
The buffet restaurant - we ordered from the menu, my husband's hamburger looked like a hamburger should, big and juicy, I had the beef soft tacos - yummy, very yummy-not at all what I expected. Decent choices for our free breakfast. So glad we stopped.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Sky City Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!