“Don't miss out ...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rancho Jacona

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pojoaque
Rancho Jacona
You added Rancho Jacona to your Saves list
277 County Road 84, Pojoaque, NM 87506   |
Oakland, California
“Don't miss out ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Our 1st time many years ago … it was a place to stay outside of Santa Fe, but now it's our GO TO lodging whenever we're in the area. No need to be "in town." We love Rancho Jacona! Our last 3 visits have been to Turtle House, but previously we've stayed in some of the other houses. We love it here and our dog does too. Bring your favorite spices and food -- cook to your heart's delight and enjoy a BBQ too. Kitchen is fully equipped! We enjoy our walks throughout the property and especially down to the river bed where our pup loves to settle in to a pocket of water to cool off from the 80-90+ temperatures. Such a pleasure to enjoy fresher than fresh eggs for breakfast -- I can't tell you what a joyful taste that is. Sure, we get farm eggs in the city too … but it's different here for whatever reason. Got to enjoy the pool this time -- no kids/families or teenagers -- yes, it was quiet and so enjoyable. In the late aftns/evenings, we sat outside on our patio from 4-9pm listening to the flutter of the hummingbirds (yes, it's that quiet), leaves rustling in the breeze with the intermittent calls of the peacocks. Our plans? DO NOTHING but enjoy nature and our surroundings. It is so peaceful, relaxing and rejuvenating here. We talk in whispers.

Room Tip: Check out the photos and layout of the houses for the best arrangement to meet your needs.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Show Low, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great place for a family reunion and for children. Clean, well stocked, friendly. Fresh eggs delivered to your door. I would recommend staying here to most anyone.
Close to Santa Fe, Los Alamos and Bandelier National Monument. Close to many things to do.
Very private too. I can honestly say I have no complaints!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Parrot house, at the end of the line, very private. The piglet house is also nice...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Concord, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The location, privacy, loveliness, pet friendliness, and relaxed culture are wonderful. Morning and evening meals on the casita patio allow us to set a relaxed schedule, and cooking in the great little kitchen saves lots of money. Both Santa Fe and Los Alamos are close, not to mention the amazing trails in Bandelier and surrounding mountains. But Rancho Jacona itself is the highlight of the vacation.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rossville, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have been coming to Rancho Jacona for 10 years. My son was 1 when we stayed the first time and we have since celebrated 4 of his birthdays there. Our favorite is Butterfly House. My parents, myself and my 2 children have made many wonderful memories during our time at Rancho Jacona. On one trip we decided to take a day and go to Albuquerque to the museum and amusement park. On our way we went through Madrid. The town was decorated for what we thought was a Chili Festival so we stopped to "shop". Much to our surprise it was a movie set for Wild Hogs! We will be white water rafting for the 3rd time this year and my 70 yr old mother is going to join us!! Our favorite restaurants in the Pojaque Valley is the Sopapilla Factory, a little down the highway is Gabriel's and Harry's Radhouse is an absolute must for anyone to stop at, breakfast is absolutley delicious!! I really love the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. I would highly recommend Rancho Jacona and its' surrounding area for a fun relaxing trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our seven-person staff rented two houses and were each able to get a single bedroom for each of us. It was quiet, a peaceful place and great for our style of office retreat. Kitchens were well-stocked with cooking utensils, plates, glasses etc. the refrigerators were able to handle all the food we brought up with us and we were well able to cook meals for seven with no problems.

While the 22 page "blue book" of instructions and rules was a bit overwhelming at first, it was easy to read and understand. The staff is very friendly but we didn't have a need to avail ourselves of any services outside of getting the wi-fi password and the key to the wi-fi shack. The website notes that their internet speed is slow but that may now be out of date as we had no problems with it.

The "ranch" is in a bucolic setting with trails that will take you down to the Tesuque River where you can walk for several miles. (The riverbed was dry when we were there.) I was nervous when I saw the peacocks, because they can give annoyingly loud cries, but the only time we noticed them was when we walked by them or they came picking around our houses one morning.

One word of caution. Though our car did not come down from the north, another of our staff did and noted that the directions given from the north were either difficult to follow or were off a bit. Directions from the south were perfect. Other than this we had absolutely no complaints - none. A really great place.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My two siblings and I, our adult children (8 first cousins) and their children from 11 to 2 1/2 (10 second cousins) gathered at Rancho Jacona to celebrate my and my twin brother's 70th birthday. What a perfect place for a full range of ages!! I live just west of R J , and my family was spread between 4 casitas. The largest served for family meals and gatherings, the children could gather in a 2nd house for games, and the perfect June weather made being outdoors, swimming and visiting the animals, and visiting with each other delightful. We all had a wonderful time and plan return visits often so the young cousins can become friends and know each other better. Thank you so much for creating a wonderful environment for such an event!

Room Tip: Remember to turn off the fan of the cooler at night in Rabbit!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have been going to Rancho Jacona for 3 years now..and have never been disappointed! When I pull into their driveway and see all the beautiful landscaping..animals..peacocks and the adobe houses my heart says "you're home" ! The owners and staff are great! Very helpful..everything you need is truly there! They have an extensive video library as well as books in the rooms..games if you prefer..and satellite TV. I usually go in Sept. I love to walk around and see the burros..bunnies..geese..goats...sheep...chickens...dogs..cats..peacocks...humming birds etc...my afternoon ritual is always a long swim in the pool! What a perfect way to end perfect days! Santa Fe plaza is only 15 mins away..Taos is about 1.5 hours away..Abiquiu is another great trip..as is Bandelier National Monument ..and the Valles Caldera..so much beauty..and relaxation! At night you can hear the wind chimes..and Peacocks "honking" getting ready to spend the night up in the trees! They will be down in the morning to help you eat breakfast out on the patio! I can't wait for my next trip..think I'll go for 2 weeks next year..!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rancho Jacona? Share your experiences!