“Making Memories” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rancho Jacona

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pojoaque
Rancho Jacona
Save Saved
You added Rancho Jacona to your Saves list
277 County Road 84, Pojoaque, Pojoaque, NM 87506   |
Rossville, Kansas
“Making Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have been coming to Rancho Jacona for 10 years. My son was 1 when we stayed the first time and we have since celebrated 4 of his birthdays there. Our favorite is Butterfly House. My parents, myself and my 2 children have made many wonderful memories during our time at Rancho Jacona. On one trip we decided to take a day and go to Albuquerque to the museum and amusement park. On our way we went through Madrid. The town was decorated for what we thought was a Chili Festival so we stopped to "shop". Much to our surprise it was a movie set for Wild Hogs! We will be white water rafting for the 3rd time this year and my 70 yr old mother is going to join us!! Our favorite restaurants in the Pojaque Valley is the Sopapilla Factory, a little down the highway is Gabriel's and Harry's Radhouse is an absolute must for anyone to stop at, breakfast is absolutley delicious!! I really love the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. I would highly recommend Rancho Jacona and its' surrounding area for a fun relaxing trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our seven-person staff rented two houses and were each able to get a single bedroom for each of us. It was quiet, a peaceful place and great for our style of office retreat. Kitchens were well-stocked with cooking utensils, plates, glasses etc. the refrigerators were able to handle all the food we brought up with us and we were well able to cook meals for seven with no problems.

While the 22 page "blue book" of instructions and rules was a bit overwhelming at first, it was easy to read and understand. The staff is very friendly but we didn't have a need to avail ourselves of any services outside of getting the wi-fi password and the key to the wi-fi shack. The website notes that their internet speed is slow but that may now be out of date as we had no problems with it.

The "ranch" is in a bucolic setting with trails that will take you down to the Tesuque River where you can walk for several miles. (The riverbed was dry when we were there.) I was nervous when I saw the peacocks, because they can give annoyingly loud cries, but the only time we noticed them was when we walked by them or they came picking around our houses one morning.

One word of caution. Though our car did not come down from the north, another of our staff did and noted that the directions given from the north were either difficult to follow or were off a bit. Directions from the south were perfect. Other than this we had absolutely no complaints - none. A really great place.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My two siblings and I, our adult children (8 first cousins) and their children from 11 to 2 1/2 (10 second cousins) gathered at Rancho Jacona to celebrate my and my twin brother's 70th birthday. What a perfect place for a full range of ages!! I live just west of R J , and my family was spread between 4 casitas. The largest served for family meals and gatherings, the children could gather in a 2nd house for games, and the perfect June weather made being outdoors, swimming and visiting the animals, and visiting with each other delightful. We all had a wonderful time and plan return visits often so the young cousins can become friends and know each other better. Thank you so much for creating a wonderful environment for such an event!

Room Tip: Remember to turn off the fan of the cooler at night in Rabbit!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have been going to Rancho Jacona for 3 years now..and have never been disappointed! When I pull into their driveway and see all the beautiful landscaping..animals..peacocks and the adobe houses my heart says "you're home" ! The owners and staff are great! Very helpful..everything you need is truly there! They have an extensive video library as well as books in the rooms..games if you prefer..and satellite TV. I usually go in Sept. I love to walk around and see the burros..bunnies..geese..goats...sheep...chickens...dogs..cats..peacocks...humming birds etc...my afternoon ritual is always a long swim in the pool! What a perfect way to end perfect days! Santa Fe plaza is only 15 mins away..Taos is about 1.5 hours away..Abiquiu is another great trip..as is Bandelier National Monument ..and the Valles Caldera..so much beauty..and relaxation! At night you can hear the wind chimes..and Peacocks "honking" getting ready to spend the night up in the trees! They will be down in the morning to help you eat breakfast out on the patio! I can't wait for my next trip..think I'll go for 2 weeks next year..!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Don't expect a hotel or room-service. The service and management is unobtrusive - which is exactly the point of this very special, escapist place.

Other than free eggs from the farm, there is no food provided. What you do have is a series of ranch casitas on a fabulous site between Santa Fe and Los Alamos - surrounded by fields, rare breeds of goats and sheep, peacocks and rabbits. If you have young children, they will be happy here indefinitely. If not, there is no better place for a quiet, self-catering escape in an enchanted place.

We first came in 1998 and vowed to return. It took 14 years (we live in the UK) but we made it. And we are so pleased we did.

Room Tip: If you want to use wifi in your room or from your terrace, Owl, Raccoon or Lizard homes might be a g...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have been going to what we call the "Ranch" since late 90s. It is a great place to rest and relax while at the some time it is centrally located to Los Alamos, Taos, and Santa Fe. It gives my family a chance to cool down with all the things kids are into.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I visited in May, and enjoyed everything! The lovely weather, the charming and comfortable casita, all the animals, and the beautiful, peaceful grounds made for the perfect relaxing get-away. There is an abundance of things to see and do in downtown Santa Fe, just a short drive away, as well as unique places to hike and sightsee. But my favorite part of my stay at Rancho Jacona was simply enjoying the variety of fragrant plants and trees throughout the property. If you are a nature lover, this is the place to come.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Rancho Jacona? Share your experiences!