“Wonderful place for a family reunion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rancho Jacona

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pojoaque
Rancho Jacona
You added Rancho Jacona to your Saves list
277 County Road 84, Pojoaque, NM 87506   |
Santa Fe, NM
“Wonderful place for a family reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My two siblings and I, our adult children (8 first cousins) and their children from 11 to 2 1/2 (10 second cousins) gathered at Rancho Jacona to celebrate my and my twin brother's 70th birthday. What a perfect place for a full range of ages!! I live just west of R J , and my family was spread between 4 casitas. The largest served for family meals and gatherings, the children could gather in a 2nd house for games, and the perfect June weather made being outdoors, swimming and visiting the animals, and visiting with each other delightful. We all had a wonderful time and plan return visits often so the young cousins can become friends and know each other better. Thank you so much for creating a wonderful environment for such an event!

Room Tip: Remember to turn off the fan of the cooler at night in Rabbit!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have been going to Rancho Jacona for 3 years now..and have never been disappointed! When I pull into their driveway and see all the beautiful landscaping..animals..peacocks and the adobe houses my heart says "you're home" ! The owners and staff are great! Very helpful..everything you need is truly there! They have an extensive video library as well as books in the rooms..games if you prefer..and satellite TV. I usually go in Sept. I love to walk around and see the burros..bunnies..geese..goats...sheep...chickens...dogs..cats..peacocks...humming birds etc...my afternoon ritual is always a long swim in the pool! What a perfect way to end perfect days! Santa Fe plaza is only 15 mins away..Taos is about 1.5 hours away..Abiquiu is another great trip..as is Bandelier National Monument ..and the Valles Caldera..so much beauty..and relaxation! At night you can hear the wind chimes..and Peacocks "honking" getting ready to spend the night up in the trees! They will be down in the morning to help you eat breakfast out on the patio! I can't wait for my next trip..think I'll go for 2 weeks next year..!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Don't expect a hotel or room-service. The service and management is unobtrusive - which is exactly the point of this very special, escapist place.

Other than free eggs from the farm, there is no food provided. What you do have is a series of ranch casitas on a fabulous site between Santa Fe and Los Alamos - surrounded by fields, rare breeds of goats and sheep, peacocks and rabbits. If you have young children, they will be happy here indefinitely. If not, there is no better place for a quiet, self-catering escape in an enchanted place.

We first came in 1998 and vowed to return. It took 14 years (we live in the UK) but we made it. And we are so pleased we did.

Room Tip: If you want to use wifi in your room or from your terrace, Owl, Raccoon or Lizard homes might be a g...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have been going to what we call the "Ranch" since late 90s. It is a great place to rest and relax while at the some time it is centrally located to Los Alamos, Taos, and Santa Fe. It gives my family a chance to cool down with all the things kids are into.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I visited in May, and enjoyed everything! The lovely weather, the charming and comfortable casita, all the animals, and the beautiful, peaceful grounds made for the perfect relaxing get-away. There is an abundance of things to see and do in downtown Santa Fe, just a short drive away, as well as unique places to hike and sightsee. But my favorite part of my stay at Rancho Jacona was simply enjoying the variety of fragrant plants and trees throughout the property. If you are a nature lover, this is the place to come.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
central Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Our fourth stay was just as wonderful as always! Home away from home with a view of the Jemez Mountains...who could ask for more? Comfort, space, ambiance, privacy, relaxation, history, close to everything, yet far away from craziness. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else while in the Los Alamos / Santa Fe area. Christmastime at Rancho Jacona was enchanting! All of the casitas were occupied, but you would never know. Quiet, quiet, quiet! Just you, the coyotes in the distances and stars as far as you can see. What a magical place in the Land of Enchantment!

Room Tip: I love the charm of the older casitas. Their website gives you a great overview of the casitas.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

What a wonderful place! We have stayed at Rancho Jacona three times in the past three years and rented the Turtle House each time. The property is absolutely beautiful. My family loves visiting the burros and goats in the mornings. They love carrots and mango peels! We have always visited in March and enjoyed warm, sunny weather as well as 6" inches of snow one spring! The casitas are a home away from home, complete with full kitchens, W/D and an outdoor grill on the patio. The kiva fireplace is great for cool spring nights. Fresh, morning eggs are also available at times! The playground is nice for kids and I'm sure the pool is fun during the summer months! The staff respects their visitors’ privacy, but is readily available for assistance. Our washer/dryer combo went out during our stay in March 2011 (which they tend to do over time...). Jose came down immediately and was able to order and replace it by the next afternoon. We were able to use the washer/dryer in the casita right behind us during the down time. You can't ask for much more in customer service! It's location to Santa Fe is ideal as well as its proximity to other wonderful places in New Mexico.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Rancho Jacona? Share your experiences!