“Liked it alot!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Pojoaque
Cuisines: Mexican, Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: "This is true New Mexican food. The best sopaipillas around. This is where the locals eat".
Lubbock
“Liked it alot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The food was good! Chicken stuff sopaipilla was large and the green chili covering it was truly delicious. I liked the corn served with it also. Serving was so large I got the dessert sopaipilla to go! Good quality on everything. The waiter offered chips and salsa and I said okay, not knowing it would be almost 4.00 for the basket...of which I ate 5-6 chips; he should have mentioned they weren't complimentary. There was only one waiter so he wasn't real attentive as it got busier. I didn't do without anything but it is always nice to be checked back on. Had to stand up and gather my belongings before I got my ticket. But overall it was a good experience. I enjoyed watching the hummingbirds at the feeders outside my window while eating. I definitely will go back there when in the area...good sopaipillas are worth the trip.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The food we ordered was average. I ordered tacos, which is hard to mess up, my friend ordered The sampler and both items arrived and were good. Service was ok, the cook and waitress were in the back talking a lot. It was hard to get her attention. In the end we were never given a ticket, just had to walk up to counter and pay. The man stated he had it but it would have been nice to know that before we waisted time on waiting for it.

Visited May 2013
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I heard about this restaurant in Pojoaque, NM, and we had the opportunity to try it last night. The margarita I tried was probably the best I've tasted in New Mexico, as was the guacamole appetizer. The pork carne adovada and beef fajitas were down home Mexican food goodness. The sopaipillas were the best that I've tasted in New Mexico -- light and airy, yet crisp on the outside, and not heavy at all -- even if they were fried! The restaurant atmosphere is not sophisticated, yet it is comfortable and the food prices are reasonable -- not expensive. The waiters are polite and attentive -- none of the snobbery that restauranteurs may experience in more upscale restaurants. If you want simple, down home mexican food -- this is the place. I can't wait to return to try some of the other menu items.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“New Mexico Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Serving the basic Southwest New Mexico comfort food without any hint of Tex Mex or California twist. This is the real stuff. Only in New Mexico are Sopaipilla considered bread and expected with the meal. The bread has a sweetness of a doughnut but the lightness of a thin fried pastery. Tradition is to bite one corner off and pour honey in for the next bite. This restaurant not only makes huge light sopaipilla but their choice of honey is excellent. Tie this together with a standard plate and you will walk away happy. If you are adventerous, have them stuff a sopa with a meat, but be sure to include the additional mexician stuffing inside, it is worth it. Good Food, Family prices.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakley, California
“Best sopaipillas ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Great service. There isn't much of a choice in town but this place is great! Large menus. Friendly service. Would definitely return for more great sopaipillas.

Visited April 2013