“Lovely food and service at the SPA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Artesian Restaurant

Artesian Restaurant
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa, 50 Los Baños Drive, Hwy. 414, Ojo Caliente, NM
505.583.2233
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Just north of Santa Fe is Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs’ secluded sanctuary. Deemed sacred by Native Americans of Northern New Mexico, our legendary waters have been soothing body, mind and spirit naturally for centuries. Ojo is the only hot springs in the world with 4 unique, sulfer-free mineral waters. The resort is historic, yet modern and fresh with eclectic charm in a relaxed and tranquil environment. The full-service spa offers a wide array of restorative treatments including nurturing massage and hydrating face and body treatments. Don’t miss a soak in a private outdoor pool by fire at night or in the seasonal, detoxifying mud pool. We offer an unpretentious and uncomplicated atmosphere with a variety of lodging accommodations including enchanting suites, charming cottages, the historic hotel and private homes. All lodging includes access to all mineral pools every day of your visit. The Artesian Restaurant provides a casual dining experience and charming atmosphere. Our chef blends local flavors with global cuisine. Creative dishes include Green Chile Crusted Salmon, homemade pasta, and Ribeye. Lighter fare is available in the Wine Bar & Lounge. Yoga classes are offered 7 days a week. Ojo is nestled in a valley on 1,100 acres and is adjacent to thousands of acres of hiking and mountain biking trails. We suggest that you make reservations for spa treatments, private outdoor pools and dinner before you arrive.
Santa Monica, California
“Lovely food and service at the SPA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This delightful restaurant on the grounds of the Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa provides excellent American and New Mexican specialties in a casual setting. The service is attentive. I had the carnitas in a spicy BBQ sauce with fresh tortillas and guacamole and salsa. Delicious and filling.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Delicious and health!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We dined there last night as part of a birthday getaway with baths. The food was spectacular and in keeping with the setting the menu offered many healthy yet gourmet New Mexican options. The Chile options are all wonderful and carry a signature sweet hot unique to the Artesian. Tty the Tortilla Soup!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Victoria, Canada
“Superb food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

What can I say? The food was awesome, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the prices are very good and the ambience is amazing!
The perfect end to a day soaking in the pools or ... perfect before heading to a private soak!

Visited April 2013
Clearwater, FL
“Best Bison Burger I've Ever Had in My Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We ate here because, frankly, where else are you going to eat? You are at the spa, soaking and you are hungry. Why not eat there. So, we did. We didn't expect much. I got the bison burger, guacamole on the side, with green chile and sweet potato fries. I didn't expect much.

OMG. It was seriously, the best bison burger, perhaps, even, the best burger, I have ever had in my life. It was thick, flavorful, juicy and amazing. The green chile was mildly spicy. The guacamole was great with it as well. The fries were fresh and not frozen. Altogether it was a fabulous lunch. I would go back there in a flash to get that burger again. I highly recommend it. I liked it so much I didn't want to share it with my husband.

He had the fish tacos and was very pleased with them, but wanted more of my hamburger, which I denied him.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Silver Cliff, CO
“Never a bad meal at the Artesian in Ojo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have been visiting Ojo Caliente Hot Spring Resort for @ 10 years and in that time we have never had anything but raves about the food and service. We usually eat all out meals in the Artesian for our usual 3 day stays. You should also take advantage of their stay 3 nites and recieve the 3rd nite free.

• Visited February 2013