There is not enough space here for me to write how amazing and special Ojo Caliente is. I stayed in the Cliffside suites for two nights and found not just the accommodations fantastic, but the entire resort. It's unpretentious and the staff are fantastic! Make sure you book a private pool at night, with the kiva fire, it's magical. The hiking nearby is fantastic and I loved that the traditions of the spa,from when it opened in the 1860's, has been maintained. Don't miss this place!
I will be back, many times more
- Also Known As:
- Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Hotel Ojo Caliente
- Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Hotel
- Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs is one of the oldest natural health resorts in the country. Our sulphur-free, geothermal mineral waters have flowed from a subterranean volcanic aquifer for thousands of years. Over 100,000 gallons per day come to the surface, revitalizing those who soak in the long believed, healing waters. We offer a variety of lodging accommodations, including new enchanting suites and charming cottages, the historic hotel and private homes. We suggest that you make reservations for spa treatments and private outdoor pools before you arrive. We also offer spa treatments, pools, hiking and biking trails, a wine bar and lounge and a full-service restaurant. The Artesian Restaurant provides a casual dining experience and charming atmosphere. Our chef blends local flavors with global cuisine. Heal yourself body and soul with a retreat to Ojo. Whether it's for a weekend or a longer stay, you'll leave rejuvenated and refreshed. Welcome! ... more less