“Visited twice both very different food quality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Mesilla
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
“Visited twice both very different food quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went twice over the Easter weekend when visiting family. Good Friday night the food wasn't up to the usual quality. Beans were dry, overcooked and looked like they burnt to the bottom of the pan. Enchiladas were also dry, hardly any cheese or sauce and way salty. Maybe the chef wasn't the usual chef that night, but it was like they didn't care.

Second visit was Saturday lunch and it was great again and easily way better than Friday night. Beans were yummy and the enchiladas were smothered in delicious sauce and plenty of cheese. Only thing we could put it down to was different chefs.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Great Salsa Bar, Wonderful Red Chile - And this is from a local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Andele’s is always busy and for a good reason. Food is fresh and good with reasonable prices. The best salsa bar I have ever seen. The staff is generous on the chips for salsa and do not charge for another basket. My favorite is the red enchiladas. My wife likes their salads.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“Yes. Yes. Yes.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Relying on sheer number of tripadvisor reviews... another stop on the quest for great Mexican flavors brought us to this establishment.

The interior is clean and has a family vibe. Immediately enjoyed their supper club quirk - a self serve salsa bar. The menu is varied in New Mexican items and takes pride in grilled beef.

Had the combo plate number one which includes a taquito, enchilada, chile relleno, and green chile. Stunningly delicious and the green chile especially good. The relleno was bathed in a delicious cream sauce. I will dream about eating that combo again and again. The ref beans were meh, but I am a snob and like mine soupy.

Service was very good and we did not feel lost or neglected. This should be your first stop for Mexican food in the area.

Chicago, Illinois
“Authentic Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were passing through Las Cruses and asked our hotel front desk about a good place to get real Mexican food. They suggested Andele's.

I little drive and a short wait later we were eating the best Mexican food we have ever had! We started with a couple Corona's and their serve yourself salsa bar. There were 10-12 different salsa's and such to choose. We both did the plate of make yourself tacos for dinner. Both the chicken and pork were outstanding.

Great food, good prices and casual. We will be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Decent, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've eaten here a couple of times with family, and the food is ok. (I will say that compared to Mexican food outside Las Cruces, Andele is above average. But for my family and me, 'Cruces is the standard by which all Mexican food is judged.) The service is good; prompt, friendly and efficient.

On this last visit, I had a chile con queso-smothered ground sirloin steak w/rice and beans. My sister had a green chile cheese enchilada. There is a salsa bar w/several varieties, but I wasn't impressed w/any of them. Overall, no major complaints - but not up to the standards of say, El Sombrero.

• Visited April 2014