“Trip to Las Cruces and Mesilla New Mexico” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Rosie - A Mesilla B and B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mesilla
Casa de Rosie - A Mesilla B and B
You added Casa de Rosie - A Mesilla B and B to your Saves list
2140 Calle del Norte, P O Box 1479, Mesilla, NM 88005   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Mesilla B&B and Inns
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Trip to Las Cruces and Mesilla New Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The property is beautiful and the house has art in every room. Paintings, sculpture and a lot of colorful surroundings. Our room was large and the furnishings were wonderful. Rosie is also a very cook, so breakfasts were very enjoyable. We could walk a few blocks and enjoy the numerous shops and good eating places.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Corrales, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Casa de Rosie was the perfect choice for us to stay and enjoy Mesilla and the Las Cruces area. I don't know why there would be a negative review of this sweet little BnB! The hostess Rosie is really nice and super helpful. She gave us great tips on shopping, dining, and driving directions. Breakfast is good, resident dog Jasmine is beautiful and calm, and the house itself is typical charming NM style.

Room Tip: Casita is a nice choice for total privacy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We spent New Year's Eve at Casa de Rosie. It was beautiful, Rosie is great and the breakfast, even better. I highly recommend it. A complete bargain. Peaceful, quaint...the town of Mesilla is like towns used to be. Authentic, relaxed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Based on my stay for a night in the separate casita at Casa de Rosie, I'm very puzzled at the favorable reviews of this B & B, which I consulted before making my reservation. I had a dismal experience and will never consider staying there again on any trips to New Mexico, an area I enjoy visiting as often as I can. I couldn't use the gas cooking stove in the casita because the gas had been turned off during the summer, Rosie told me when I said I planned to cook some spaghetti. The central heating system also was not working, perhaps because the gas had been turned off. An electric space heater provided heat. There were no water glasses or wine glasses in the kitchen until I asked for some. Fortunately, I travel with a small electric coffee pot, so I used it, as there was no coffee or coffee maker in the casita. There were no dish washing aids, i.e., no sponges, tea towels, or even paper towels. Only a small amount of dish detergent was in a plastic bottle. The casita was not really clean -- someone had hit the high spots, but barely. The courtyard between the main house and the casita was littered with leaves; furniture and other things in the courtyard looked unused, unmoved, unclean, just there, sort of abandoned; and the doormat to the casita was so covered with leaves that I asked Rosie to sweep it off so that I didn't track leaf litter into the casita as I took in my things. She swept it but left a lot of leaf litter remaining. The floors inside the casita seem to have been similarly superficially broom swept; rugs and wool throws appeared not to have been cleaned or even shaken in a long time. The entry into the main house was also unswept. All these discoveries unfolded as I was bringing my things into the casita. Had it not been around 5 in the afternoon and the sun about to set, and had I not been driving for five hours, I probably would have left and found another place. But I was way too tired. I felt mystified and misled by the favorable Trip Advisor ratings (does Trip Advisor authenticate these reviews at all?), and I also felt ripped off. It's without question the worst b & b I've ever stayed in. Other b & bs have been quite good ones, some of them extraordinarily good.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you are traveling to Las Cruces, or nearby, make reservations at Casa de Rosie! My husband and I had the pleasure of staying there for two nights and wished we had planned to stay longer! Extremely charming, immaculate home with wonderful appointments in every room! Rosie was a delight and extremely informative regarding Las Cruces, Mesilla and the surrounding areas. Her german pancake with home made preserves and "special" scrambled eggs with home made bread are so very delicious! The courtyard is absolutely beautiful and tranquil. A bonus feature is Jasmine, Rosie's very sweet canine companion. A very short walk takes you to a the Plaza where you will find fabulous little shoppes to poke around in as well as an assortment of restaurants. Be sure to visit LaPosta if you enjoy history, great food and Marguarita. Don't miss out on this wonderful experience! We can't wait to return! Joanne and Larry

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master and were perfectly happy there. The next time we visit, we will try the Ca...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Spent a long weekend at Casa de Rosie, and could not have asked for a better place to stay. Breakfast was wonderful, and made by Rosie. The german pancakes were incredible with cream cheese and homemade strawberry jam. Stayed in the master bedroom and was very comfortable there. The spa tub was very enjoyable, the room was very clean and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. Loved that Rosie's place was within walking distance to the Plaza, and to some great restaurants. Would recommend staying here to anyone visiting Las Cruces!

Room Tip: The master bedroom has its own A/C which is very nice during the summer months.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Belchertown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

THis lovely B&B was a pleasant experience. Rosie was freindly and gave good recommendations for Masilla. The room we stayed in was called the cosy room and it was clean, roomy and well appointed. The location was perfect with a five minute walk into old Masilla. The breakfast was delicious and Rosie makes homemade bread.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa de Rosie - A Mesilla B and B? Share your experiences!