This property has shown much improvement in service, cleanliness and quality since our last stay in August 2007 when we filed a complaint with the Hotel and posted a negative review on TripAdvisor. Upon check in, the staff informed us that our complaint was noted and expected that we have a much better stay this time around.
Stayed from July 12-14, 2008 in room 411. This time the room was very clean and neat and so was the bathroom. Last visit required 3 changes of rooms and still was unacceptable. A new COO has been appointed and the changes show. The staff is quite friendly now. Valet parking attendants and service was excellent. The casino is not paying as well but that is expected in these tough economic times. The Gathering of Nations buffet was very good. The BBQ Shop was excellent for good inexpensive breakfast before a round of golf. Golf was excellent as always. If service continues as it is now, I strongly recommend this resort for a get-away!
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel Mescalero
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods
- Hotel Of The Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Inn
- Inn Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Hotel
- Of The Mountain Gods Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE A RESORT AND CASINO THAT IS ABOVE AND BEYOND. New Mexico’s premier mountain resort awaits with impeccable service, mouthwatering cuisine for every palate, incredible gaming action, and breathtaking alpine scenery to nurture your soul. Situated high in the picturesque mountains of Mescalero, New Mexico just outside of Ruidoso, guests return time and time again to Inn of the Mountain Gods to enjoy the clean mountain air, stunning panoramic views, and exciting entertainment options. Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a stunning lobby featuring a sweeping view of the snowcapped mountains, lake and championship golf course. Guests have come to expect all of the little extras that come standard here at Inn of the Mountain Gods. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be enchanted by original works of art throughout the property, roaring fireplaces in the lobby, and a tranquil setting that makes the everyday world feel a million miles away. Beyond that, discover an endless variety of activities, entertainment and escapes to make it a getaway you’ll never forget. 273 LUXURY ROOMS AND SUITES, NUMEROUS DINING OPTIONS FROM A SIGNATURE STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT TO A SCRUMPTIOUS BUFFET, 40,000 SQUARE FEET OF MEETING SPACE, 38,000 SQUARE FOOT CASINO, INDOOR POOL, A FULLY EQUIPPED WORKOUT FACILITY, SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING, 18 HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE, BIG GAME HUNTING, SKEET SHOOTING, HORSEBACK RIDING, FISHING, GONDOLA RIDES. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.