The location is glorious! Views of Mescalero Lake and Sierra Blanca are breathtaking.
The golf course is challenging and visually stunning.
We have been to the Inn many times (we live in Ruidoso) but this was our first overnight. Check-in was no problem. We booked the King Standard- it was acceptable with a good bed and an oversized bathroom. Hotel hallway carpets need cleaning.
Wendell's and Wendell's Lounge, both service and food, are always excellent (and expensive). Big thumbs up to Wendell's Lounge Bartender Tammy! The Big Game Sports Bar inside the casino is usually crowded and understaffed, food is slightly below mediocre. Apache Tee is good but closes early.
The casino has enough bright, shiny lights and noisy slot machines to make us happy.This is not Las Vegas, why anyone would expect a Vegas mega-casino in rural New Mexico? if you want the Vegas experience you should probably go to Nevada.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel Mescalero
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods
- Hotel Of The Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Inn
- Inn Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Hotel
- Of The Mountain Gods Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE A RESORT AND CASINO THAT IS ABOVE AND BEYOND. New Mexico’s premier mountain resort awaits with impeccable service, mouthwatering cuisine for every palate, incredible gaming action, and breathtaking alpine scenery to nurture your soul. Situated high in the picturesque mountains of Mescalero, New Mexico just outside of Ruidoso, guests return time and time again to Inn of the Mountain Gods to enjoy the clean mountain air, stunning panoramic views, and exciting entertainment options. Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a stunning lobby featuring a sweeping view of the snowcapped mountains, lake and championship golf course. Guests have come to expect all of the little extras that come standard here at Inn of the Mountain Gods. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be enchanted by original works of art throughout the property, roaring fireplaces in the lobby, and a tranquil setting that makes the everyday world feel a million miles away. Beyond that, discover an endless variety of activities, entertainment and escapes to make it a getaway you’ll never forget. 273 LUXURY ROOMS AND SUITES, NUMEROUS DINING OPTIONS FROM A SIGNATURE STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT TO A SCRUMPTIOUS BUFFET, 40,000 SQUARE FEET OF MEETING SPACE, 38,000 SQUARE FOOT CASINO, INDOOR POOL, A FULLY EQUIPPED WORKOUT FACILITY, SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING, 18 HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE, BIG GAME HUNTING, SKEET SHOOTING, HORSEBACK RIDING, FISHING, GONDOLA RIDES. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.