“WORST SERVICE EVER!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mescalero
El Paso, Texas
“WORST SERVICE EVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I don't understand why it is so difficult to make a reservation with this resort. I have been hung up on and transferred several times by the reservation department. In fact, when I spoke to Mary in reservations, she did not bother to listen to me regarding the discount code offer, she jumped to some other conclusion and transferred me to the front desk. Of course, they did not answer and I got a voicemail. So, when I tried calling back and asked the name of the reservationist, she would not provide me her name and dodged around answering that. After asking the second time, I was hung up on. So, I tried calling AGAIN. To my dismay, I was now on hold for over 14 minutes. When the girl finally answered the phone and I asked for her name, she transferred me to the front desk voicemail AGAIN!!! So, I attempted to contact management for the hotel. Well, guess what folks, the ONLY phone number for the hotel is the reservation line. So, I have had no choice but to leave a voicemail at the front desk and hope that someone in management actually listens to it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the IMG for a 3 day business trip. The rooms were very nice and clean. The food was fantastic. The views were great. But for me, the tipping point was when I realized that I left a pendant in the room that I had bought for my wife. I called the resort on my drive out to my flight home and explained my plight. The dedicated employees of the IMG searched the room, the bedding and even the trash to locate my item. They ensured that it was sent back to me and arrived within days. I cannot express enough my gratitude for their staff's diligent work to get me back my gift for my wife. I highly recommend them for this. Thanks again for a great stay, and great dedication.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the on-site casino and do not like to drive after dark in the mountains given the area's large deer and elk population.
The property site is beautiful..lake,mountain, wide open sky.
It had been several years since my last stay here and I was a little surprised at the wear and tear that this property has suffered with little effort towards cosmetic fixes. Our room was large and nicely furnished except for the burn marks on the carpet( it was designated as a non-smoking room) and the missing stopper and broken faucet handle in the bathroom. Still, I have paid more at inferior properties.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We visited for the second year in a row this August (to escape the Texas heat). The weather was so pleasant and the accomodations superb. Check in was seamless, the bellman was quite the joker and most informative. The room was awesome with a view of the lake and golf course that was so beautiful. The perfect way to relax out on the balcony with coffee in the morning, or a glass of wine in the afternoon. Wendell's Restaurant was most excellent....food, service, etc.
The casino dealers were among some of the friendlies we have ever spent time with. Downside is no alcohol at the tables, but actually that probably cuts down on the number of tipsy patrons.
The total atmosphere is quite laid back, but that was exactly what we wanted.
We had a glitch on our bill at check out, but nothing that couldn't be resolved.
We will be going back next year if possible.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th or 5th floor suite as these have great view and are on the same level as lobby, restaura...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Wow. First of all I travel 5 to 6 times a month for business. I will say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff is so unbelievably rude. The entire place smell like an ashtray and it is filthy on top of that. Nice location and pretty views but after an hour of the views you are left with a way overpriced, rude and dirty hotel. If you are paying more than about 80 a night you are in for a huge awakening.

• Stayed August 2012

Travelers are raving about these Mescalero hotels

Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have traveled to many diffrent casinos around the US and this by far has to have the rudest customer service by far. 1 they dont have any phone edicate they love to hang up on people instead of doing there job and being polite to customers as we call in to reserve a room.. 2 The staff on the floor and on the table games are so rude I experianced it to the fullest extreme i even had a black jack dealer want to fight me and I am by far the fighting type. 2 the workers at the little stand that has the only food late at night which is a joke are soooo rude I had a lady lie to my wifes face..dont go out of your way to go to this casino this place sux

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Gorgeous property. Very quiet. Lake with several recreational choices. Several restaurants available. Friendly & professional staff. Not pet friendly was a real negative. Casino is busy but enjoyable especially when you win (grin). Would recommend property for just staying at the hotel and nottaking advantage of all the activities.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!