“Horrible front desk service, borderline cruel!!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino
287 Carrizo Canyon Rd, Mescalero, NM 88340   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mescalero
Corsicana, Texas
“Horrible front desk service, borderline cruel!!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Clerk that checked me in was hostile because I asked her if I was not going to stay the
second night, could I cancel the next morning and not be charged? She rudely told me yes, I could cancel. Next morning, they told me to leave as I did not have a reservation, due to hateful clerk canceling it without me telling her to do so, OR, I could move to another wing with a view of the parking lot. Buffet was so bland, they should have paid
people to sit in there just to look like somebody was enjoying it. If you can stand rude
service, then stay here, if u can get lake view, great, but the BS u have to put up with, is not worth it for sure. Several residents (store owners) said everybody complains that stays there and I believe it. Obviously, they are not interested in repeat business. My room was never cleaned. Clerk liked about me asking for 2 nights, she said I did not. Supervisor said she believed the clerk, not me etc. Was a nightmare. Plus side, location is excellent.

Room Tip: they charge u $20 for lakeview,
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

hey I did not stay in this hotel, but i visited this casino for fun. the hotel and casino is a great place to hangout, they have great lake, Mescalero lake, huge lake. it has also great golf course. the view of the lake from the hotel lobby is great, i think even if dont stay in the hotel, if you happen to visit ruidoso, i feel that you should visit the hotel and casino. i could visit again it is a serene place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I was supposed to be here on a two night work retreat with my co-workers. The service at the front desk was about as warm a December Ruidoso night (Ruidoso is a ski resort, so it's cold). After being given the cold shoulder, I went to my room to unpack. The room smelled musty and smoky and didn't look well kept. It also didn't look very clean. I pulled back the bedsheets to inspect for bedbugs (just a precaution), and to my surprise, there was a used condom on the floor on the other side of my bed. The front desk told me that they were booked completely, so I got them to cancel the reservation and I stayed at a lodge up the road (much better).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Mescalero hotels

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

This is a nice enough hotel if you like casino hotels. It seems well run, clean, nicely appointed. The view from the room was lovely but we couldn't breathe. We had asked for a non-smoking room but the stench of smoke was unbelievable. We're glad we were only staying one night. We spoke to the front desk about the smell but received nothing more than a shrug and a confirmation that we were on a non-smoking floor. On the surface of it a nice hotel, but uncomfortable beds and lumpy pillows combined with this stink of cigarette smoke combined to give us very little sleep. Good fitness centre.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Lovington, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We checked into the grand suite and immediately went back to the front desk. There was trash in the chairs, stains and hair on the bedding, and numerous stains on the carpet. We asked an indifferent man if he could please have housekeeping change the bedding and clean the chairs. We left a tip on the table as a thank you. Well, we returned to find the trash off the chairs, but the same bedding...oh and they did take the tip money. We went to the front desk and spoke to a woman who was very apologetic and upgraded us to the royal suite (both are supposed to have a lake view, but the grand is really pushing the definition as we could only see the very edge, mostly buildings. The royal suite had an amazing view of nothing but the lake and mountains.) However, to our dismay, in this suite there were open bags of chips in the night stands, and empty water bottles in the tv armoire. When room service was delivered, which was EXCELLENT, the woman was nice enough to take the trash away when we informed her of it. Each time we ordered room service, it was the best part of our stay. For $300 a night, I expected a clean room at the very least. . I would be willing to give them another chance, but they really do need more thorough housekeeping. The walls were thin, we could hear kids playing and screaming around midnight.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Bermuda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Stayed at IMG for two nights. Didn't get a wink of sleep the whole time. Clapboard walls with no insulation has you hearing everything up, down, and around you in the hallway all night long. Then when you finally start to get some sleep for $129 a night, it's time for the housekeepers to service the rooms (not that this is their fault). The rooms are clean and the view of Sierra Blanca is spectacular. That's about all the compliments I can give this place though. Their Wendall's Restaurant is a complete disaster. My Atlantic salmon was marinated in some sickening-sweet sauce, all the way through. I wanted the tase of the salmon, not candy. The person dining with me ordered the filet mignon, and that too was marinated in "something" sweet and spicy. The French onion soup was so salty and overly seasoned that it gave me heartburn all night long, to go with the noisy $129 room. The Italian dressing for my salad was also way too sweet. Finally, for all that sugar, our bll was $98! Oh yeah, I had to pay $5.00 for a baked potato since that did not come with the salmon. When we checked out, our vehicle could not get out of the parking lot situated above the parking ramp. They had baricaded that area overnight, not allowing anymore parking there, subsequently preventing those of us who parked there before it was baricaded from just going on our way. It took IMG a whole half an hour to finally have a security guard to come and let us out.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

This hotel houses a casino in addition to sporting a beautiful golf course. The room was very nice but the snacks/water in the in-room refrigerator were costly. We asked for a small frig for the room (for water/pop) and it was never deliverd. The pool and hot tub were very clean as were the saunas (wet & dry) but we had to take two elevators to get there. There weren't many games to choose from in the arcade which disappointed both of my teenages.. There is a lounge, and what appeared to be more of an elegant restaurant by the looks of the menu/prices. The only other place to eat was the buffet which was disappointing - fruit that looked like it had been out for a couple of days, some food only luke-warm. The Indan fry bread was excellent though and there was a variety of other ethnic foods. Cost was about $20 per adult./teenager

The walls in the room weren't very thick/sound proof and early morning/late night noisy gamblers woke me often. The location of the hotel is beautiful, but for the cost of the room, I wouldn't stay there again unless I was a gambler or avid golfer, and definitely wouldn't bring my kids.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!