“She tried to pull a fast one” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel

You added Super 8 Motel to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2029 N Grand Avenue, off I-25 exit 347, Las Vegas, NM 87701   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Las Vegas
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“She tried to pull a fast one”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We were attracted to this motel by the high recommendations posted on TripAdvisor. We called in advance to make reservations for the Rough Rider Biker Rally. We were quoted $79.99 when we made the reservation. However during check-in, the owner tried to raise the rate to $99.99. In all honesty, the room wasn't worth the price. The sheets were old, stained and ugly (white w/brown stripes), AC did not work well, and the towels did not match one another and the microwave was dirty as well. The soup had a combination of green chile, potatoes, broccoli and beans and did look appetizing at all. The funny thing about it - it was served the next day as well. I'm glad we took along our own snacks. I also think that the motel raises their prices by this much during the biker rally is ridiculous.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
wintertravelWi, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Motel, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Sorry your stay wasn't as expected. We apologize for the experience you had with us, but to make things clear, on specific days like most motels rates are changed accordingly to seasons, events and the number of people per room. One of the reasons isthis helps our buisness make through the seasons that buisness is slow and customers are not traveling or making plans to stay at a motel. Without these changes like any buisness we could not survive very well. That also goes to say that when customers check in at the rate given that is under the thought that there is the number of guests alotted for each room, had we known there was going to be more people then we would of charged accordingly. We cannot afford for people to bring in families and stuff them into 1 room. If the accomedations were not to your saticfaction then maybe a place down the road (mom and pop) at 40 dollar rates would have serficed for you. We are in the buisness of making our customers happy and comfortable, provideing them with a clean place to stay and a meal for the morning and evening. Had the soup also not been to your liking then a restraunt across the way would have been better or had you let us know we would have corrected the problem. There were no other complaints about the soup that day.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

My family and I recently stayed at the Super 8 Motel on 8-15-10 in Las Vegas while attending a wedding. Not only were the rooms clean and in good condition but we were treated to soup in the evening and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. Thus eliminating the need to go out a look for a good restaraunt so early in the morning. The service provided to us my the morning clerk whos name eludes me was the best we have every received, inluding in alot of restraunts. Great job to Shirley Ko for running an excellent motel and to the staff who serves their breakfast and soups

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
pine az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed in a number of Super 8 motels on our trip from az to nd and back. This was far and away the best one. The managment and staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, the beds were good, and the water was hot. It is a truly outstanding facility.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
greenville,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We have stayed at several Super 8 and have not found any as great at this one. Every Super 8 manager should be sent here to take tips from Shirley Ko. She was very friendly and gracious. Rooms were very clean and very well decorated. I have never seen colored towels in any motel. She even had a local hot soup for the evening guests. She deserves a recognition from Super 8.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Eunice, nm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I arrived early in the morning and feeling tired and ill. Ms. Shirley Ko, was behind the counter and immediately welcomed me and had one of her assist check if there was a room available. As we were waiting she advised of the free complimentary breakfast, coffee (24hrs) and serving soup as an evening dish. She answered my questions quickly and professionally. As soon as we were given the okay on a room (about 3mins)
I was regestered and allowed to go right up.
The room was very clean, well organized and the beds were so comfortable. I rested and slept well.
The evening staff was very professional and helpful. They answered my questions about things to see from the area booklet that I found in the room. I was given directions and even offered hints on the best places to eat.
My experience was very satisfing, restful and welcoming. I will most definately be staying at the Super 8, Las Vegas in the future and tell my friends and family to do the same.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Hartford, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We were so pleased by the hospitality of this motel. A free complimentary delicious soup dinner was such a surprise and wonderful. The breakfast was great too with eggs and homemade oatmeal. A great place to stay the night!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

From the time I presented myself at the front desk to the time I checked out, I was more than impressed by the friendliness, cleanliness, quietness, the room/motel & their appointments, & the proximity of I-25. I'm not used to, what I felt was, a room that was elegant/plush/beautifully appointed, but I don't usually stay in high-end hotel/motels. I won't have any difficulties recommending this motel to anyone. Oh, & the price wasn't too bad either.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Motel? Share your experiences!