“Typical HI Express, which is not bad.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Las Vegas
Albuquerque, NM
“Typical HI Express, which is not bad.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

After a miserable experience at the hotel in the heart of town, I opted for this on my last 3 night stay. It's kind of weird, but all the other hotels seem to run in the same price range which is $60-80. This is the only one that routinely tops $100. Sits on the highway, so ask for a room on the other side.

The room was nice and clean. Comfortable bed and sofa (I stayed in a "suite"). Housekeeping was very efficient and always replaced all the used towels, even those that I hung, intending to use again. Free HBO and a lot of other channels to choose from. There were a lot of people around, but the room was quiet. 3 nights and no complaints about the other guests. The heat/AC unit can be really loud, such that you will find yourself constantly adjusting the TV volume as it cycles on and off. Wi-Fi seemed really good both in the room and in the breakfast/lobby area.

The breakfast was usual HI Express fare. On only one of the three days that I was there did they have a cheese omelet (which was quite tasty), otherwise it was really boring scrambled eggs. But also sausage or bacon, biscuits, gravy, cereal, juice, sweet rolls (which are really quite good). Fruit seemed to be in short supply and when I asked for a banana, I was offered something so green, it would've taken 4 days to ripen. I bought my own at the supermarket.

I took advantage of the 'fitness center' this time and it is really small. One each of treadmill, elliptical and recumbent bike. 1 set each of 3,5,8 lb weights. That's it! Really meager by today's standards. If you are a runner, I can tell you that this is at the end of town and not highly populated, so I would exercise (pun intended) caution. Strange too that the TV in the gym gets an entirely different set of channels than the one in the room. Did seem to have a nice pool/jacuzzi area which I did not use.

All in all, a nice quiet and clean hotel (and also the newest in Las Vegas). It is a few miles from the restaurants and the college. My room had a fridge and microwave so keeping and reheating leftovers was no problem. Very easy access on and off the highway. Well worth the few extra dollars if you need a place for more than one night and want to comfortable,

Room Tip: West side, away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kay D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel and especially for your specific suggestions. We have listened and are happy to let you know that we have had a great response to the new and refreshed Breakfast Bar. It now has several new Smart Choice's including a Oatmeal Bar with walnuts, raisins, honey & cinnamon. We look forward to your next stay and hope to see what you think of a improved Breakfast Bar and our Fitness Room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here several times over the past years. This time, we arrived around 4 pm with no reservation. The AAA rate was reasonable, just over $100. There is some noise from the Interstate, but we always take along a noise machine, so we were not affected. The staff was friendly and helpful.
We have found that a short stay here, with dinner at Dick's, works well for us during our return trips to Colorado. This stay was no exception.
Breakfast is basic, with scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereals, yogurt, waffle- maker, juice, and coffee. Good start for a half day of driving.
With few choices available, Holiday Inn Express still works fine for us.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kay D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We will all look forward to your return in the near future. I will certainly share your comments with our entire crew. It is so appreciated that you also mentioned one of our business partners Dick's as being a great stop while in Las Vegas, New Mexico.
Fountain Hills, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Decently clean, helpful staff and dog friendly :) We travel from Wisconsin to AZ and back usually staying in Santa Fe. We found that on this route, staying at HIX in Las Vegas, NM is a nice change so we don't have to push so hard. Last leg of trip is still very manageable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kay D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We are so happy to hear from you that you stayed at our "Pet Friendly" hotel. Thank you for your patronage and we do hope that you and your pet guest will come back over and over again. In the meantime may you have safe travels and enjoy the holiday season.
Batesville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express is a super nice hotel and we had a great stay. I am pretty sure it is new and it is very clean. The only downfall is that it is a mile or more away from the town. It is worth driving a little further and staying here.

• Stayed September 2013
Kay D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. It is so nice to be able to pass these compliments on to our team members.
El Dorado Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband, dog and I stayed here on Sept 18, 2013. We were delighted to find a Holiday Inn Express with a reasonable pet rate. Most of them charge $50. When we checked in, we were given a room on the first floor overlooking the driveway. When we asked for a higher floor on a quieter side because of our long driving days for the past week, we were told that all dog people stayed in these rooms on the first room. We have never run into this restriction before and asked why? The answer was because of the allergies that people have around dogs. When I laughingly said, I'm allergic to kids running around, she icely suggested that she could get me a reservation at the Comfort Inn. WOW! My question is, if the hotel feels that pets and pet owners are a hazard to the other guests, why even take the pets in the first place. Go to the Druary Inns, the Sheratons, the La Quintas, the Comfort Inns and be treated very nicely, pet and all. Holiday Inn Express, JUST SAY NO TO PETS! It saves us a lot of grief and will make your desk people a lot happier.

Room Tip: Just don't bring a pet with you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Chloe S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the pet policy of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wilson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've had numerous long term stays in the Las Vegas NM area over the last 7 months. Luckily I chose to stay at this property the first time, and decided to do so on all my return trips. The hotel is clean and well kept up. I've stayed in suites each time, that were roomy and very comfortable. The hot & cold breakfast is good. All these things have made for very nice stays. The main stand-out though is the staff and service. I don't know if the manager, Kay, is that great at managing people or if she just hires the best. Either way it works great. I have been treated like family there, and when some of my real family joined me, they were treated like part of the hotel family as well. As with any hotel there are glitches with equipment and things, but when I've brought them up they were dealt with happily. I've ask for favors or assistance, I've also had to change reservation plans, some times at the last minute, and these were all handled professionaly and with a smile. Congrats to the breakfast ladies, housekeeping, maintenance, desk help, supervisors, and manager, Kay for making this a home-away-from home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
It is always a pleasure to know when our team has done it right. I hope that we can always be your first choice in lodging needs when visiting our area. Thank you for your very appreciated review.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed one night in King suite. Slight mix up in reservation (which was probably my fault, smoking vs non-smoking) but despite limited ability to change the check in clerk handled this very well, was helpful and and very pleasant. Room was large, good bed, good bathroom and shower. Clean but not spotless, some minor maintenance issues such as a very touchy air conditioner and burnt out lights. No electrical plugs at tabletop height at bedside. Hotel is at far south end of town very near entrance back onto interstate. All of the restaurants and supermarkets are at the north end of town about 2-3 miles away. Would stay here again if we had to stop in Las Vegas NM.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kay D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. We value your business and will look forward to having you stay with us again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Las Vegas? Share your experiences!