“Nice Motel with a great price.” 5 of 5 stars

Regal Motel
1809 North Grand Ave, Las Vegas, NM 87701   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Las Vegas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Nice Motel with a great price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Motel is older but it is well kept. The rooms have nice size beds, wifi is utmost Important to my family and we were by the office and it worked great. Lots of cable channels, micro/ fridge in the room was nice to have. It is pretty quiet too. Rooms are huge and it was nice since we have two boys. I love that you can walk out side look up and see a ton of stars, we stay here once a year and will keep coming back. Oh and did I say they filmed the movie No country for Old Men here? My son gets a kick out of that.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bay City, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Finally found a room for the night in the area. All of the other hotels that I stopped at said that they were full, and that all of the others in the area were full. There were rooms available at this place. And I found out why.

The room they gave me was clean. Got to park right outside the door. But the door lock seemed to be loose. One light was not working. The biggest problem was that when I got there, there were no towels in the room. I went back to the front desk, and the door to the lobby was locked. I rang the bell for several minutes, and then knocked on the side door. Someone finally answered, and gave me two clean, but not completely folded, towels. They were friendly on check in, but once that was done, they gave me the 'whatdayawant?' attitude. They were also non-native-English speakers, and seemed to 'not understand' what I was saying sometimes.

The toilet seat was broke. You could sit on it for a 'number 2', but the lid was completely busted off. It did not seem to flush quite right. A few other minor issues, but nothing really bad. For a receipt when I checked out, they just gave me a credit card slip type receipt. No detailed listing of the charges, taxes, etc..

Breakfast was just cereal and buns; and when I got there, most of that was gone. Had to go to a restaurant for a decent breakfast. The grounds were not all that clean; I walked behind the building, and there was a lot of trash that had not been picked up in a while, and the grass back there had not been cut recently. The parking lot also needs to be re-done.

It was a decent flop for the night, and that was about it. $40 a night, and worth every penny; and not one penny more.

They also had a sticker posted on their front window that they had some sort of TripAdvisor award from 2009, but it did not say what it was.

Room Tip: Be sure that the door latch works properly.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
regalmotellasvegasnm, Webmaster at Regal Motel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment about our hotel. I’m glad you found it clean and convenient, but I’m sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations is some ways. We have recently rechecked all rooms to make sure everything is in working order and have retrained our housekeeping and maintenance staff to make sure we are kept informed of small issues so we can correct them before they become large issues. Our goal is to exceed expectations in every case, and we clearly did not do that during your stay. Again,

I sincerely apologize. Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We pulled into town late and tired. I read the comments about Regal "cheep and friendly" OMG that is correct. They did not have a two bed so they discounted two rooms.
I would stay here again and again.
Note: This not a 5 * hotel but it gives 5* service.
Thanks trip advisor comments or I would drive by this diamond in the rough!

• Stayed August 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

free breakfast ,free wifi internet,friendly's,great customer service,very nice neat and clean rooms,We stayed two nights at this motel and were treated like honored family and guests.Very comfortable and clean room.“Once again, great place to stay.and i hope they should put some new remodel rooms pictures .......

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night our rooms were not ready, the air conditioner was not working and when confronted about our issues the owner came in with the excuse that they were booked the night before and unable to finish all the prepping for rooms today. If you're going to run a business please be prepared for all of the responsibilities that come along with it. Also, owner felt it okay to discuss other clients confrontation with others, very unprofessional. Rooms were decent, but as for the owners, I have nothing positive to say about how you run your business

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Our goal is to provide courteous and professional service to every customer, every day. If we fell short of that in your case, I personally apologize. We have had some minor maintenance issues in the past, but those have all been corrected during a recent recheck and refresh. We hope you will stay with us again and see how we’ve changed. Again, I’m very sorry we could not exceed your expectations at the time of your stay.

Hotel Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My bride to be and i stayed here on our way to las cruces. 45 bucks and you get some breakfast. They also have smoking rooms, which is nice because its down right impossible to find one in colorado Thank you regal and best of luck.

• Stayed April 2013
Sedona, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This budget hotel would have been quite sufficient if the room was clean. But it was very obvious that the floor in the bathroom had not been swept. The room was large, had a table and two chairs, microwave and frig. We stayed in a handicapped room, which had a great shower head. This hotel had the tiniest bar of soap I've ever seen. It was half the size of the usual small bar of soap for the sink that you see at budget hotels. The free wifi did not work for me. It was late so I didn't bother to go to the front desk about it. The front desk staff was only moderately friendly. There was a small continental breakfast (danish, muffins).

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Regal Motel? Share your experiences!