“Expensive, but good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Southwestern
Abilene
“Expensive, but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had the Cantina cheeseburger and fries, with a beer. Tab with tip came to around $18.00, so this is not an inexpensive place to eat. However, the 1/2 lb. burger was cooked to order and the large, rectangle-shaped bun was grilled for a little crunchy perfection. Fries were just okay. They have sweet potato fries, which may be better. Ambience is upscale for this town and waitresses were friendly and attentive. I'd come back here again, if I had a little larger budget for meals.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great food !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We loved our food, pasta perfectly cooked and richly flavored!! My husband tried the Sexy Six hamburger with sweet potato fries
and loved ! It is definitely worth the stop if you are just passing by.
A hidden treasure for this small town.

• Visited May 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“The barflies all said to go to Dick's Liquor Store!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Las Vegas itself was interesting, but kind of depressing, with all the old buildings, many in aged disrepair. We had intended to have lunch in the historic Plaza Hotel, but the restaurant and bar weren’t serving food that day (trouble in the kitchen) . The barflies and barista conferred and suggested we go to Dick’s Liquor Store. With some trepidation, we found the liquor store entered through the store to a door in the rear of the store that led to a bar and, finally, to a quite large deli/restaurant with pretty good food!
Our server was very friendly and so was the one who relieved her after her shift ended. The servers must be in great physical condition, since the kitchen is down a flight of stairs and they have to run up and down all day bringing orders. My wife ordered a hummus wrap that she liked and I had Demi Moore...the pastrami sandwich by that name, that is. Interesting decor...lots of old move stars (none of whom had been to the restaurant, though). One framed photo that particularly caught my eye was a mug shot of Frank Sinatra, age 22, from the Bergen County NJ Police Dept. charged with "seduction."
I would have bought a Dick's Liquor Store t-shirt, but they were on back order. I don't care if Dick's isn't rated by Zagat or Michelin. It was an unexpected surprise...the sort of experience we'll talk about for a lot longer than some of the planned stops on our itinerary.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Casper, Wyoming
“I wish this restaurant was close to where I live!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This place rocks. The green chili is hot, the beer good, and the atmosphere wonderful. The waitresses were very nice, and helped my daughter with Celiac's find something other than a salad to eat. It is wonderful!

trinidad
“Fun place great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I love walking through a deli/liquor store to a cool and comfortably rustic bar with great food and a good selection of beer on tap and servers that are friendly yet hustle. Worth the stop!