“Good for a one night stay if your a sound sleeper” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2585 S.Valley Dr., Las Cruces, NM 88005 (Formerly Comfort Inn Las Cruces)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Tucson, Arizona
“Good for a one night stay if your a sound sleeper”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

It reminded me of the movie My Cousin Vinney. At check in a train went by close enough to hear the whistle very loud. We asked and the clerk acknowledged they came by all the time. It was midnight so we stayed. Service was professional and helpful. The room was fine although the bathroom needed work. The room was remodeled but they didn't replace the sink which was badly scratched. The bed was comfortable and had a encasement which I like to see. Flat panel TV and a decent basic breakfast rounded out a reasonable stay, especially for a fair price. I would stay again if we were just passing through. Oh, there were more trains but we were tired and just passed out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I stop here every Memorial Day on our annual trek from Houston, TX to Tombstone, AZ. After a 750+ mile drive in one day, We're ready to crash and this place has comfortable rooms that won't break our budget. You should know that this hotel used to be a Comfort Inn but was only re-branded when Choice Hotels International re-categorized their chain of hotels by "quantity" of rooms -- and since this hotel was a few rooms short of being categorized as a Comfort Inn, they branded it as an Econo Lodge. But as far as I can tell, the place is just like it was everytime we stayed here over the past few years.

Room Tip: There are still a few smoking rooms left at this place, so make sure you ask for a room as far away...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bharti L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Tim

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel.

Samantha Holguin
Manager
Econolodge
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed at the Econo Lodge at 2585 S Valley Dr on the 16th of January. And the main reason we stayed was because they gave me a veterans discount and my wife a senior discount. But we went back on March 5th and they raised the price and would only give us one discount. I showed the desk clerk the receipt but he wouldn't accommodate us. So we went next door to Super 8 and got accommodated.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Very convenient location to the 10 We stopped here on our way to San Antonio from California. Place was average, good for what we paid for. Wish they had more seating during breakfast, we ate standing up. Outdated. Clean to a point. Staff very friendly. Pets allowed. No elevator to second floor but that wasn't an issue for us. Overall it was okay :)

• Stayed January 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

In Las Cruces for business. Room was worth $50 but no more. Room has everything you need coffee, internet iron etc. I couldn't figure out the tv so I only had two channels. Good breakfast with waffles.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Looking forward to our trip to Las Cruces.We got the Econolodge which me booked yesterday we got to our room and the bathroom door will not shut the bottom hinges are off, all of the garbage bags are grocery sacks from a store. I would never stay here again thank you

• Stayed August 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped here after a 15 hour drive from Houston to Tucson because we were all sleepy. Not only did this place have a great price, but they allowed pets. There was a nominal fee for our pet and the attendant was extremely nice. I was concerned because we had a 14 foot U-Haul truck and a car on a tow dolly. The attendant assured me the area was pretty quiet and there was security that patrolled at night. Well, no problems whatsoever, Our beds were so comfortable, the room was very clean. It's not a high end hotel, but I'd stay here again on my way through to Arizona or California. They offered a free continental breakfast and though it wasn't a breakfast buffet, you could make some awesome waffles which my daughter and her fiance enjoyed. I made some fresh toast and had a great cup of coffee. It saved us money by not having to stop and get breakfast to finish our trip. They had a nice little pool at the back, but unfortunately, I didn't pack a swimsuit. Anyway, we woke up to a beautiful cool morning. I took a photo of the mountains behind the Econo Lodge, but it's not a really good photo as I was facing the sun.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!