“room a bit on the small side” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
NEW YORK
“room a bit on the small side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

comfortable overall smooth experience. Kids loved the pool. Good simple breakfast. Nice southwestern themed lobby with fireplace. room not so bit, but we didn't get a suite which I assume would be larger.

Room Tip: if you come in late there is a mcdonalds right near the hotel entrance
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Am so glad to hear you enjoyed y our stay with us.
We hope to see you again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel seemed nice enough upon arrival. The front desk girl was efficient, not rude, not friendly, but she got us checked in quickly. She failed to mention, however, that the entire hotel was out of soap. Yes, soap.
I digress. Super slow Internet was discovered right away. It wouldn't be good for a business traveler, but I was able to download what I needed for school and log off.
Then, my husband used the restroom only to discover there was no soap. I attempted to call the front desk, but the phone had no dial tone. I discovered it was unplugged and called the front desk. When I told efficient girl there was no soap, she said,"Oh yeah, we're out." I questioned,"the entire hotel is out of soap?" She answered,"yes, you can use shampoo." Really? How does a major chain hotel run out of soap?
$85 for no soap? Not a bargain in any one's book.
Choice Hotels should be ashamed.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am extremely embarrassed that we dropped the ball and were out of soap during your stay. I will be taking more thorough inventory to prevent this type of situation in the future. I also apologize for the speed of our wireless internet not meeting your expectations. I have contacted our techs about this issue and they have begun to work on it.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Las Cruces.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very clean. We enjoyed having a pullout couch in the room. It didn't come with sheets in the room, but the front desk got us some. The pool is on the smaller side, but very warm, which was nice. There weren't any clean towels in the pool area. I did see used ones around so they may provide them only at the desk. The breakfast was good. We would come again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. It is always great to hear positive feedback from our guests. We hope you will come see us again, when in the area.
Parkersburg, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Quiet and nice. We were on our way home and needed to get north of El Paso to beat the morning traffic. Las Cruces was the ticket! make sure you fill up with fuel as it is a ways to the next diesel stop on 25. Room was excellent and staff was great!

Room Tip: Top floor quiet side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time share your feedback with us. We hope to see you soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family makes an annual trip from the Phoenix area down to South Texas, in the past we have always made El Paso our stopping point both to/from each portion of the trip. Our stay at the Comfort Suites in Las Cruces, may have just changed all that!

We checked in early evening (I believe it was between 6-7 pm) on the night of June 24th, 2013. The desk agent was so polite and so helpful upon check-in, she provided details about the hotel's amenities, asked if there was anything she could do to help with luggage or information regarding the area and overall just made my family feel very welcome.

The room was fantastic. The sleeper sofa was very comfortable for my nephew and my husband and I and our two boys slept very comfortably on the two queen beds. The room smelled pleasant, all the fixtures were polished and there were adequate towels and toiletries to meet our needs for the evening. We ended up taking a swim right after we checked in since we were all exhausted and sore from the day's long drive. Afterward the desk agent provided us with the phone number for Pizza Hut so that we could have an easy dinner in the comfort of our room.

After that we relaxed, watched some TV and then dropped off for a peaceful night of rest and recovery. In the morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and then used the luggage rack to get our truck loaded up and then get back on the road.

I was so satisfied with this location and would advise any family of 5-6 to take advantage of the 2 queen bed and sleeper sofa suite room option. It is so much cheaper than paying for the rollaway beds or 1 bedroom suites at accompanying properties. We will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: Families of 5-6 people should take advantage of the 2 queen bed and sleeper sofa suite room option...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nichole K
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. We work very hard to make sure our guests have a positive experience and am so happy it showed.

Hope to see you soon!

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

On check in we were allocated a no smoking room on the ground floor, but on entry it had obviously been smoked in, YUK! The receptionist did her job right away, top marks to her, and swapped our room quickly and the next room smelt much better.

The room was fine, but it did have the usual 'end of corridor hot water issues' we have found elsehwere and also had a cracked toilet cistern that had leaked in the past, the lid was also from another unit, not what you would expect from a hotel like this.

Interestingly, this hotel does not advertise that it has free wifi, that almost put us off booking here... Then we realised it was a modern build and would have it, surely... And yes it does, fast too...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to hear my staff took care of you in a timely manner. I have shared your feedback with our maintenance department and assure you we have addressed the issues. We look forward to having you again while you are in Las Cruces.

Best Regards,
Winters, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We arrived to find a nice, clean, parking area, foyer, and lobby. The front desk attendant was helpful and courteous. The room was well laid out, everything you would expect at the Comfort Suites... Mini-fridge, microwave, coffee pot, flat screen TV, sofa bed, etc. It was nice to have a work desk along with a table and chairs; plenty of seating at this inn! The only two minor notes of disappointment were the shower drain, which seemed to be close to getting stopped up, and the mattress pad, which was too small for the queen size mattress, (my wife's side of the bed was fully covered, but my side was only half covered), I think it was a full size mattress pad atop a queen size bed. In any case these are just minor issues. Breakfast was nice; it included bacon, eggs, sausage links, potatoes, waffles (plain and blueberry), yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, donuts, muffins, toast, fruit, juice, coffee, and milk... If you're in the area and need a clean, comfy, affordable place to hang your hat for the night, this place would do nicely!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tedandmy
gmnm003, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.We can assure you we have taken care of the shower drain and the mattress pad.