I will not stay at this property until I read on tripadvisor that there are no internet problems for at least 6 months.
I last stayed at this property in November of 1998. It's been updated but it just isn't up to the contemporary Fairfield's I've stayed in the past few years.
- Price competes with the other upscale brands in the area. I'm so close to a gold level with Marriott Rewards that I'm kind of forced to stay at Marriott's properties, but I still want "a good value" and they provide it (if the Internet worked).
- The night clerk and breakfast staff were exceptional. The general manager would be well advised to keep these people.
- Beds and Linens. Thank you Marriott's for these...
- Breakfast was standard Fairfield, which I like, but the lady who was keeping everything in order made the difference. She offered us hot muffins and kept all the tables clean. Everything was kept stocked. A very nice experience at breakfast.
- My big complaint is the Internet was down. We tried all night and all morning. The standard answer from the front desk, regardless of the personnel or time of day was, "We called the IT guy and he says the internet is good." I found this interesting as I stood there and listened to the front desk tell a person checking in that the their connection was down and they would have to correct his billing problem when it was up later, probably later the next day. My iPhone provided some of what we needed but this was more than a major negative and all the good experiences were lost. From a corporation view, we will never stay at this property again. From a personal standpoint, we will never stay there again (unless we get decent Wifi reviews). Marriott would do well in looking at replacing their network provider and/or their IT professional at this location. Just as a side note for the IT folks out there, they had three Wi-Fi nodes on channel 6 and two on 11 but no others. It should be spread to more channels to minimize collisions.
- Air conditioner does not cycle off. All night we had a continuous noise. Not white noise (think hiss) but a sort of gurgling noise. They might be trying to cover the noise of the highway. A gurgling garden fountain works usually but the A/C wasn't the answer. How about better windows or drapes...
- Slammed doors - For whatever reason some people seem to think their door needs to be slammed at 5:30 in the morning. Perhaps these are people getting ready for a hard day's work and have drank several cups of coffee or maybe just people with doors that didn't latch well, but Fairfield needs to dampen the doors to reduce the noise of the slam or noise insulate the other doors to keep the noise out. This is not a problem I've had at the other 10 or so Fairfield's I've stayed at in the last five years so there is an answer and Marriott's knows it and should spend the money to fix it.
- No lotion.
- Property overlooks the Interstate 25. Ask for a room away from the highway. It's not really too bad because the property is on a hill about 50 foot above the highway and that cuts way down on the noise from autos but trucks are still somewhat noticeable in the rooms (when sleeping with the A/C running).
- Maintenance issues, although small (broken tile, shower curtain off hooks, door that required pushing to latch) might indicate this property is not getting better.
- Single ice machine downstairs near lobby. Keeps noise down on upper floors but it's inconvenient. New Fairfield's have it in an alcove behind the elevator on each floor which is better.
Side away from I-25 would be quieter. Floor 2 didn't have noise from floor 3 (unless we had nob...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.