“The staff was not friendly and for seventy dollars after tax NOT WORTH IT” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2200 South Valley Drive, Las Cruces, NM 88005 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
“The staff was not friendly and for seventy dollars after tax NOT WORTH IT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The staff was not very friendly to the basic needs of a customer very rude short Mexican girl at the front desk not worth the price at all your better off at la Quinta or holiday inn express for the price and the rudeness no thanks !!

• Stayed July 2013
gmnm156, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I do however find your review very surprising, I have never had a problem with Ceci. She is usually very helpful and friendly, just like the rest of the staff. I am sorry she came across as being unfriendly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had stayed in this motel 2 years ago while on a trip to California and found it very satisfactory for an overnight stay so thought we would try it again. The motel room is located slightly out of town but easy to get to from I-10. It is an average older motel with a micro and frig, table with 2 chairs at the window and a work table with a desk chair. The bathroom has been updated. I rated it very good because I think the cleanliness and maintenance of the property is better than average and the set up of the room is very functional and comfortable. Also both the night desk clerk and the morning desk clerk were very friendly, helpful and accomodating. We will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gmnm156, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks. It makes us very happy we can provide a place for you to get a good nights sleep. I hope you took the time to enjoy our biscuits and gravy that we offer on our free breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again.
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice last week on a trip to San Antonio. We were coming from Tucson, so decided to break up the 12 hour drive and stay in Las Cruces on the way out (7/2) and on the way back (7/7).

The first night, my husband and I were traveling with his sister, and so we had a room with 2 queen beds (Room 101). Not sure if they were actually queens...as they seemed small. Pillows are not great...very old, small and lumpy. The room itself wasn't very big and felt a little cramped for 3 people. The sink smelled horribly everytime you ran the water (sewage smell). Overall, I wasn't too impressed with the room that first night.

The 2nd night we stayed, his sister was traveling with other members of his family, so I asked if we could switch to a King bed instead. We stayed in room 121, and it was a lot better from the first room! It seemed much bigger, with a separate sitting area. Even the bathroom counter was better - with granite as the countertop. No smelly sink. Flatscreen TV. Weird cabinet that housed an ironing board, but no iron. Again, the bed was just eh, with uncomfy pillows. One pillowcase even had several old faded stains. However, I echo another reviewer that the room was HOT when we arrived. No AC turned on at all. It took several hours to somewhat cool down. And then woke up freezing in the early morning because we had to run the AC all night.

I wouldn't say this felt like the cleanest, newest hotel I'd ever stayed at. However, for the price I can't complain much. ($50-$60). And it was right off of I-10. It suited what we needed during our travels.

The breakfast each morning was fine. Toast (though one toaster wasn't working), mini muffins, biscuits and gravy, fruit, cold cereal, waffles, coffee, and juice. The orange juice tasted funny to me though.

The gentleman who checked us in at the front desk both times was great. Made it so quick and easy! I'm sorry I didn't catch his name. But he was working around 10PM on 7/2 and around 7PM on 7/7.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but I also might look elsewhere if I can find a good rate.

Room Tip: We were given the option of 1st or 2nd floor. We chose first, and it was so handy being able to par...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. I am very glad you were happier with your second stay. I am not sure what caused the smell in the sink. I have checked the room several times and have not had the same smell you encountered. I am glad you had a chance to enjoy the breakfast we offer and look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The room was hot upon our arrival and it took many hours for it to cool down. Additionally, the beds were uncomfortable and there was no iron available in our room. The breakfast area was small and we had to stand for about 15 minutes before a table became available.

• Stayed July 2013
I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We strive to make sure every guest is comfortable. If things are not right, I encourage you to contact the front desk so we can move you to a room that you feel comfortable in. We are now turning on the A/C's for the reservations we have each day. Thank you for pointing this out. As for the breakfast area, most of the time it is fine for the size of the motel. Sometimes it seems like every one comes down at the same time. Sorry you had to wait.
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was very happy with my choice to stay here. After a long drive in from Dallas, this Quality Inn was fantastic throughout our entire 1-night stay.

The front desk clerk, Joe, was great about getting us into our room quickly and giving us a recommendation for an awesome spot to eat dinner at.

The pool was nice and cool on the hot day that when we arrived. The beds and shower was comfy.

The free breakfast the following morning was perfect. Had biscuits, waffles, fruit and every basic food item.

I would stay here again and would recommend it for anyone travelling through or in Las Cruces.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
gmnm156, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. I will make sure Joe sees your comments and let him know that he is doing a very good job. I am very happy everything about your stay was good and you enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Sandia Park, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms and attentive staff but a hot tub that has not worked since 2012 just doesn't cut it. Stayed here twice in past 2 months and staff keeps saying hot tub pump broken and not a priority with management. No excuse for inoperable hot tub for past 5 months of 2013 in Las Cruces, NM, which has mild weather.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
gmnm156, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I am glad you were happy with the rooms and staff. As for the hot tub it seems like I have run into one problem after another. From getting parts for it, all the way to getting the new lift approved for it. I can not set a date on when it will be up and running again but I am working on things as they come up. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.
Ruidoso, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was our second time to stay here with friends. The rooms are very clean and the staff is great. Our rooms were on the ground floor and close to the pool, which was very relaxing. The pool area and grounds could use some attention. The trash at the pool was never emptied. All in all, it is a great place to stay and close to everything. Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
gmnm156, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for making us your "choice" hotel when visiting Las Cruces. Our staff works hard to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. As for the grounds, I will look into why this was not taken care of while you were with us. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for your feedback.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!