“Worst Super 8 we have ever stayed in. Dirty and in need...” 2 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   245 La Posada Lane, Las Cruces, NM 88001   |
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst Super 8 we have ever stayed in. Dirty and in need...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Worst Super 8 we have ever stayed in. Dirty and in need of a lot of repairs. The desk clerk was very helpful. Very apologetic. They need new maids, or teach the ones there how to clean. My feet were black from the dirty carpet. Sheets were to small for the bed. They didn't even cover the top of the mattress and the mattress pad was full of hair. The shower handle fell off when we tried to turn it on. TV remote didn't work. There was a roach in the bathroom. GROSS

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pleasanton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

.Just needed a room for the night while travelling. Thought this might be better than the Motel 6...I was wrong. Doors were loose on the hinges. I had some heavy things to carry in...no luggage carts. Room smelled...hallway smelled. A/c didn't work, pillow cases had yellow stains. Tv was an old tube type from 20 years ago. (I didn't know they still existed.)
I don't expect a Super 8 to be the Ritz Carlton but this place was plain rough. I stay in lots of hotels, can't remember one this bad.
Sorry for the poor review but you guys have some work to do to get this place up to par.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room was clean but missing pillows (which they fixed right away) mini fridge was off and full of water but cooled down quickly. Breakfast was ok, toaster waffles, cereal and microwave cinnamon rolls. Best thing was the 3 bed room for parents and 4 kids.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8SouthValley, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello, Thank you for your review it is very helpful to us so that we may continue to improve our service. We are heappy to hear we had a room fitting your desired accomodations and regret the minor inconviences that you had early in your stay and we . Please stay with us again soon and thanks again for your review.
Newfield, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

We have stayed here 2 times. This visit we had actually 4 rooms over the 2 night period. First room had fleas, requested room change which was no issue and room was fine. The following night the assigned room had trouble with a bed that kept falling off frame and the toilet did not work, it turned out the water was turned off as there was a leak, so we got another room that was fine. Free breakfast was plenty. Staff friendly and forthcoming. We will be back to this motel, since price is right and staff is friendly and flexible. I just hope that I made myself understood when explaining what fleas are. Not sure about that. Overnight staff knew what they were. But day staff, not sure. But I am amazed how people take advantage of a pet friendly motel and bring their pet with them that has fleas. It really can be an issue for these Motels and puts other travelers at a disadvantage bringing their own pets. So please deflea your pet when planning to utilize carpeted public petfriendly places!

Stayed October 2014
Super8SouthValley, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane, responded to this review, October 31, 2014
Dear Yvonne P,

Thank you for your business and comments. I apologize for the inconveniences and room problems you faced during your stay. Our maintenance and housekeeping staff have addressed the room and furniture issues you faced. Also the room was sprayed and deflead by pest control. Thank you again for your understanding and we look forward to accommodating you next time.
Silver City, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

I booked this room for 4 nights, I started a new job in Las Cruces and needed a place to stay, after the first night I wanted to change motels. I didn't feel safe, the door didn't shut correctly, there was an odor in the room and hallway, no coffee pot, no iron or ironing board, black hairs in rge shower,NY hair is reddish brown! Travelocity was going to refund my money and move me to the other super 8 but the manager at this location refused to give me my money back!!! Ghd pictures you view ate fakes the motel DOES NOT look thus way!! I should get all my money back!! If you are planning on staying here don't!!

• Stayed October 2014
Super8SouthValley, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Dear Laura,

I apologize your stay was not completely satisfactory but with all do respect it is unfair to blame us and bad mount our hotel for wanting to leave for personal reasons. The room you booked for 4 nights was passed the cut off time to cancel and that is out of our hands as we have to treat every guest equally. Also, we have many guests that stay here and have been here for a very long time and I assure it is a very safe place. We have 24hr coffee down in the office which we keep fresh so you could of simply came down and got some. The iron and ironing boards are available in the office as well and with a simple request we would have gladly provided it to you. The pictures we have are not fake and we have recently replaced all furniture in all of rooms, new bedspreads, new carpet, new tile, and just finished re coating our parking lot. The room was thoroughly checked and cleaned accordingly to our maids list so again I apologize about the inconvenience and do hope you give us another chance.

thanks,

Harsh Patel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

We attended the wine fest and did not make a hotel reservation. We stumbled across this place for we ran out of options. Price was great but rooms could have been better. Room and rest room were clean, but bed was very uncomfortable and hair dryer in rm did not work. I would say it was okay for one night and only if ur desperate.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Super8SouthValley, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Gloria,

Thank you for your comments and apologize about the issues you had. I did go ahead and replace the hair dryer but there are many guest that have no problems with our beds so I had my maintenance department do a check of the room to ensure nothing was broken and there are no further problems. I hope that you will give us another chance.

Thanks,

Harsh Patel

Been to Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane? Share your experiences!