“Repeat stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Newfield, New York
“Repeat stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have stayed here 2 times. This visit we had actually 4 rooms over the 2 night period. First room had fleas, requested room change which was no issue and room was fine. The following night the assigned room had trouble with a bed that kept falling off frame and the toilet did not work, it turned out the water was turned off as there was a leak, so we got another room that was fine. Free breakfast was plenty. Staff friendly and forthcoming. We will be back to this motel, since price is right and staff is friendly and flexible. I just hope that I made myself understood when explaining what fleas are. Not sure about that. Overnight staff knew what they were. But day staff, not sure. But I am amazed how people take advantage of a pet friendly motel and bring their pet with them that has fleas. It really can be an issue for these Motels and puts other travelers at a disadvantage bringing their own pets. So please deflea your pet when planning to utilize carpeted public petfriendly places!

Stayed October 2014
Super8SouthValley, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Yvonne P,

Thank you for your business and comments. I apologize for the inconveniences and room problems you faced during your stay. Our maintenance and housekeeping staff have addressed the room and furniture issues you faced. Also the room was sprayed and deflead by pest control. Thank you again for your understanding and we look forward to accommodating you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Silver City, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

I booked this room for 4 nights, I started a new job in Las Cruces and needed a place to stay, after the first night I wanted to change motels. I didn't feel safe, the door didn't shut correctly, there was an odor in the room and hallway, no coffee pot, no iron or ironing board, black hairs in rge shower,NY hair is reddish brown! Travelocity was going to refund my money and move me to the other super 8 but the manager at this location refused to give me my money back!!! Ghd pictures you view ate fakes the motel DOES NOT look thus way!! I should get all my money back!! If you are planning on staying here don't!!

• Stayed October 2014
Super8SouthValley, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Laura,

I apologize your stay was not completely satisfactory but with all do respect it is unfair to blame us and bad mount our hotel for wanting to leave for personal reasons. The room you booked for 4 nights was passed the cut off time to cancel and that is out of our hands as we have to treat every guest equally. Also, we have many guests that stay here and have been here for a very long time and I assure it is a very safe place. We have 24hr coffee down in the office which we keep fresh so you could of simply came down and got some. The iron and ironing boards are available in the office as well and with a simple request we would have gladly provided it to you. The pictures we have are not fake and we have recently replaced all furniture in all of rooms, new bedspreads, new carpet, new tile, and just finished re coating our parking lot. The room was thoroughly checked and cleaned accordingly to our maids list so again I apologize about the inconvenience and do hope you give us another chance.

thanks,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

We attended the wine fest and did not make a hotel reservation. We stumbled across this place for we ran out of options. Price was great but rooms could have been better. Room and rest room were clean, but bed was very uncomfortable and hair dryer in rm did not work. I would say it was okay for one night and only if ur desperate.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Super8SouthValley, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Gloria,

Thank you for your comments and apologize about the issues you had. I did go ahead and replace the hair dryer but there are many guest that have no problems with our beds so I had my maintenance department do a check of the room to ensure nothing was broken and there are no further problems. I hope that you will give us another chance.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We arrived late or we would have gone elsewhere. The carpet in the hall had large stains. It smelled of mold, mildew and cigarette smoke. The room was dark and musty. The TV was old. The beds were old. Was told there was WIFI but it didn't work. After traveling 14 hours we did sleep well but was only at the hotel ten hours. I would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sjwright,

I apologize you were not completely satisfied with your stay but if you would have kindly notified our front office we would have been more than happy to try and solve the problem or move you to a different room. I have gone through the room with housekeeping to ensure everything is up to standards and also are in the middle of replacing all of our rooms furnishings along with carpet and tile. We provide great service at great prices and that is why a lot of people choose us so I do hope you give us another chance.

Troy, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed here with my significant other after spending the day at White Sands National Monument. The hotel itself is in a decent location and isn't too difficult to get to. The front desk attendant was friendly and was careful to give us a room on the second floor since I requested a room that a dog had not been in for allergy reasons. (This is a pet-friendly hotel and animals are restricted to first floor rooms.) The room didn't have mini-fridge or microwave which was a slight disappointment, but not a big deal. The bed was the biggest disappointment though. We had booked a room with a king-sized bed, which we got, but the sheets themselves were clearly not meant for the bed. There was no fitted sheet and was just a regular queen or double sized sheet that housekeeping had laid on the bottom. While in the process of trying to move the sheet to cover as much as the mattress as I could, I noticed that the light mattress pad/liner that the bed had wasn't pulled up all the way. Upon pulling it up I noticed that it only covered half the bed. That's right. It was a twin-sized mattress liner that housekeeping had put horizontally on the bed instead of an appropriate-fitting pad. I was quiet disappointed in this, but since it was about 11pm when I noticed this my partner and I were too tired to bother telling the front desk/housekeeping about this. Another minor disappointment was noticed the following morning when getting into the shower. The shower head was very low. I'm a 5'8" female, but the shower head was about the same level as my shoulders when standing under it so I had to bend at the knees to shower. (I assume my [taller] significant other probably had to just sit down in the shower or at least kneel on his knees.) The breakfast was minimal and the container of milk was empty. The cinnamon rolls must've been bad too because my significant other became sick about 30 minutes after eating two of them. So overall, it wasn't the most pleasant stay I've had at this hotel chain and the next time I'm in the area I'll likely stay at the other Super 8 in town.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Super8SouthValley, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
I apologize about any inconvenience you experienced during you stay at our facility. The housekeeping has been notified about the bedding size and immediately corrected the matter. We do have rooms with microwave/fridge and if requested upon check in we are more than happy to try and accommodate you. As far as the shower head goes, that is the standard height and if it is too low all you have to do is just adjust it up. The breakfast is up to standards with the brand and we refill it quite often during our breakfast hours. If the container was empty at that time my front desk is only a few feet away and my clerk would have been more than happy to refill it right away. We had many rooms rented that night and did not have any other customer issue with the breakfast so I am not sure what could of caused it. I do hope you give us another try and next time if you simply notify the front desk we can try and get a solution for you.

GM
U.S.A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed one night for business. Reasonably clean and comfortable. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Average breakfast items, cereal, frozen waffles, danish etc. Area seemed fairly safe right off of I-10. Several other motels in the same area. Would stay here again if I need a place for a night on business. This is a 3 story facility with interior access to rooms, no outside doors to rooms.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Motel Las Cruces/La Posada Lane? Share your experiences!