“Good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Santa Fe, NM
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I work for the state and if I spend more than the state allows, it comes out of my pocket. This is a utilitarian, basic hotel at a modest price. It won't win any awards for decor but the staff is anxious to please, my room was clean, the bed comfortable, the wi-fi worked and breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was OK. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The price of the room was very good. The location was fine. The room itself could have used a little attention. One of the lights was missing a light bulb. The room was not thoroughly cleaned i.e. there were spots on the bathroom mirror from someone washing their face or more likely brushing their teeth. The rest of the room had minor cleaning issues as well. I’m sure the management would have moved me into another room if I had asked, but I was too tired from driving all day; and this was not by any means the dirtiest motel/hotel room I’ve ever slept in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vista
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I don't usually stay in "enclosed" motels but the Super 8 was located on the far side of Las Cruces, which would make the next leg of my trip an easy start. It worked well and the motel was nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

joe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The first time we stayed here last year, most the renovations were not completed yet, however the hotel was not bad even then.

The hotel has mostly finished its remodel and it looks good. No weird smells and we got a nice 3rd floor suite. A couple of notes to the manager of this hotel though. When you re-model a hotel, dont re-use the same light switch fixtures and floor plates if they #1 dont match, and #2 are visibly old. The bathroom walls and living area walls were all nicely painted and nice carpet, yet the outlets, switches and the bathroom vent was the old hardware. This cost the room I bet $15 extra to replace and would have looked a lot better! I would still take the time to change out these items to new hardware. Also! I almost forgot, there is no threshold between the bathroom tile and the carpet.

Breakfast was basic, just like I like it. You are not at a hotel to dine on steak in my view and it was fine, as well as the coffee being very tasty. Someone can get hurt if I dont get coffee ASAP.

Over all I would say the upgrades were needed and this place is quite nice now and is a nice place to stay. Hopefully it is good next year as well and we will be back for BATAAN. This hotel is 100% good to go and management was nice during our 4 night stay. We will be back next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
deep030975, Manager at Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Joe,
Point taken but as you mentioned it looks almost done not completely done. The light fixtures and outlets are next on my list to change followed by bedding and furniture and the threshold will be installed by end of this week.
Thank you for staying with us again and hopefully will see you next year. It is our pleasure to have you guys stay at our hotel for the Bataan death march. We will see you next year with some more improvments.

Been to Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands

Address: 3405 Bataan Memorial West, Las Cruces, NM 88012
Location: United States > New Mexico > Las Cruces
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Best Value Hotel in Las Cruces
#9 Business Hotel in Las Cruces
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Orbitz, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Las Cruces
Super Eight Las Cruces
Las Cruces Super 8
Las Cruces Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.