“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Vancouver
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

An okay standard hotel but could do with a bit of update. Keep in mind that this 3 story hotel (interior hallway) has no elevator. The breakfast is pretty simple, cereal and waffles. Was handy being at the north end of town on my way to White Sands. A pretty simple 2 star hotel but clean enough and a handy location. Wasn't crazy about the rate in comparison to what I paid at other hotels on my trip. I know it's always better to book in advance, but the walk-in rate was a lot higher than the website rate, and it was more expensive than other higher standard chain hotels on my trip.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
deep030975, Manager at Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hello Sir,
Sorry that you felt our hotel as just okay hotel but for a Super 8 brand standard we are a bit more than just okay hotel. We recently changed our carpets throughout and also upgraded our guestroom bathrooms. Since its an older built building, elevator was not a requirement for a Two and a half story building. We try to make all our guest stay comfortable but sometime its just not possible. Hope you have a wonderful journey .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Las Cruces
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

For seven years, business has had me spending every Saturday night in hotels in Las Cruces. I have stayed in practically every hotel in town, and a year ago I stayed here for the first time. I have been back every weekend since. The management team is fantastic. The front desk staff has always been more than accommodating and they are always friendly. The rooms are always immaculately clean. The recent renovations to the rooms are very nice. I would gladly recommend this motel to anyone that is looking for a place to stay and firmly believe they are the best value in town.

• Stayed October 2012
deep030975, Manager at Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thankyou for leaving your honest review about your stay at the Super8 white sands area .We appriciate you staying at our hotel. Your feedback is very important and it helps us and also to other travelers looking for a clean nice hotel.Once again thanks for making our hotel as a first choice of stay in Las Cruces.
TUCSON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have previously stayed at the Super 8 and needed the phone number for a reservation. I Googled it and read the reviews on line for your motel. One was not good and the other was fine. I called and talked with the owner. He assured me that they are not like the poor review. I used my AAA discount and made the reservation. My Golden Retreiver was along and I paid the extra $10.00. I found the room to be clean, the bathroom spotless. Even though the motel is next to a busy highway and next to a busy restaurant the noise was not an issue. I slept fine and will return again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Washington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed 1 night, easy to find, with sat nav. Near to Freeway. Reception small, staff not to friendly. Room clean spacious, with 2 queen size beds, older TV, table and chair. Fridge and microwave with coffee making facilities. Bathroom clean and toiletries provided. Free WIFI , maybe would not stay again. Breakfast included cereals, toast, muffins, bananas , juice and coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

While visiting Las Cruces this Fall I planned to stay at this hotel but decided not to because there was a smoking odor in my room. I thought that this room may be the issue so I explored the facility and found that the entire facility smelled like this. Now that I read the reviews, I'm thinking the smell may be from renovations. However, upon complaining of the smell I was told that I could get a refund. Due to scheduling conflicts, I wasn't able to get to the lobby until an hour later. I wasn't granted my refund and was treated very rudely. I feel that the Manager should have upheld the refund promise being that his employee gave me verbal approval, however, this was not the case. If the Manager's approach to this situation was professional and considerate, I may have a different view on this but I was immediately put at fault. I was told that because an hour had gone by, I wouldn't be granted a refund and that it is my own fault for not handling this business right away. I will definitely not be staying here ever again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed 2 nights while visiting Family and participating in the 2012 Walk to end Alzheimer’s. This was a great location for us since it was only 20 or 30 minutes away from the White Sands Base, our family is stationed here, and about 10-15 minutes from Young Park where the walk was held. Staff was friendly when we checked in and out, our room was clean and you can tell it had been remodeled recently. Bed was clean and comfy; carpet was clean as well as the bathroom. Noise level was not bad at all considering our room was right next to the stairwell and the hotel is next to the highway. The microwave and hair dryer in the room all worked fine our only complaint would be the refrigerator it had a foul odor like I had been cleaned, it was clean inside and out, and was closed immediately after with water still inside. The breakfast was good for us offering waffles, dry cereal, pasties, yoghurt, bagels and toast as well as coffee and juice the area was clean and had 3 decent sized tables to sit at. Overall we had a pleasant stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
deep030975, Manager at Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 5753821490.

Been to Super 8 Las Cruces/White Sands? Share your experiences!