“Fine choice in Las Cruces” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces

Save Saved
You added Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces to your Saves list
Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   705 South Telshor Boulevard, Las Cruces, NM 88011 (Formerly Hilton Las Cruces)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Summer Sale Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 32 hotels in Las Cruces
Larchmont, New York
“Fine choice in Las Cruces”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

We were in Las Cruces to attend a wedding, and Hotel Encanto was the place recommended for out of town guest. It was a fine choice. It is located conveniently; the staff were pleasant and responsive; the room was comfortable although not luxurious; the food at the restaurant was simple but prepared and served nicely. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

642 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

I attended a WSMR kids reunion with my parents and we stayed at this hotel. My parents and I had adjoining rooms. The rooms were beautiful and clean. Hotel staff was very nice. The lobby was stunning and so was the dining room. I didn't hang out in the Azul nightclub, but took a peek and it was lovely as well. The ladies in the gift shop were very friendly. The pool area was nice (but slightly dated). My only small complaint would be the service in the Cafe Espana. During our stay, Hotel Encanto offered free breakfast. There was a great omelette station, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, danish, cereal, breads, and fresh fruit. All of this was free!! You only had to pay for juice or soda, as coffee and tea was included. But, I think because the hotel was so crowded, it took a while to get catsup, napkins, and coffee from our servers. We had lunch at the Cafe Espana and the service was better, not as crowded, and the food was very good. That was my only slight complaint, Other than that, it was a good location, beautiful hotel (I love the sofas across from the front desk - beautiful and comfy!), comfortable beds, friendly staff, clean rooms and when we were there, free breakfast! The hotel's website said it offer Wi-Fi for a nominal fee, but it never showed up on our bill. I believe we had free Wi-Fi. When you check in, the front desk staff gives you the Wi-Fi user name and password. If and when I ever travel back to Las Cruces (which I hope to), I will definitely stay here again. If I travel to other areas on NM, I would try to stay in one of the Heritage Hotels.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

During a month-long stay in Ruidoso, we decided to visit Las Cruces and Mesilla, which we'd only passed through before. I chose this hotel online because it looked so nice. Sometimes looks can be deceiving, but such was not the case here. We were greeted very warmly at the front desk and were checked in quickly and efficiently. We asked for a mountainview room on a higher floor and that's what we got. An added bonus to our already low AARP rate was the buffet breakfast that was included. Most hotel buffets are not terribly exciting, but this one has an omelet bar and was terrific. The hotel is right across the street from Mesilla Valley Mall, the largest shopping center in Las Cruces, but the mall is set back far enough that there is no noise problem. We're big movie fans and hadn't been to a movie in a month, so we saw TWO in the two days we were there (the 10-screen theater is in the mall). We went to Mesilla a couple of times to enjoy a favorite restaurant there and Sunday on the square. All in all, it was a great mini-vacation within our restful monthlong vacation in Ruidoso!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The hotel as a "dated feel"; as in 1980's. Old TV's, super slow internet, A/C that couldn't get down to 70 degrees.

The service was very young and amateurish. The very young waitress didn't know the difference between a lager and ale beer, Little knowledge of the menu items, etc. Their fajitas were very flat in taste with no excitement or addition based on proximity to real Mexican cuisine. It wasn't Tex/Mex, it wasn't Mexican, it was American.

Breakfast was hot and included waffles, eggs, potatoes, omelettes. Coffee was really bad, bottom of the line.

We paid around $85 for the night and I guess that's competitive but the website leads you to expect much more.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I would like to compliment the entire Hotel Encanto staff for there service and attention to detail that I recieved when my colleagues and I stayed there for the second time in the month of August 2010. We all enjoyed our rooms and the manner and speed in which the staff handled our inquiries. Special thanks to Trye and JoeEmmy and all the staff for going out of their way to see that our reservations and checkouts were smooth. We will definetly choose Hotel Encanto in the near futre for business as well as pleasure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Being a solo traveler in an unfamiliar city, I was so happy with how I was treated at Hotel Encanto. My husband and I are relocating there and I was house-hunting. The staff was very friendly and very helpful! From the varying people at the front desk who helped me with everything I needed, to the ladies who work in the gift shop (the morning lady talked to me about the area and even shared photos and stories), to Alan, the bartender in Cafe Espana who helped me with my many questions about the area! I ate all of my meals in Cafe Espana - and they were fabulous! My room was nice with a very comfy bed. The room service attendent did a nice job cleaning. I enjoyed the pool - it was clean and cool.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

We stayed at Hotel Encanto in Las Cruces while participating in the New Mexico State Senior Olympics. The hotel is very well appointed and decorated in the Spanish tradition. The room was spacious and the bed linens were top notch. Service at the front desk was superior and easy check in. There were fresh chocolate chip cookies for our enjoyment. The pool entrance was at the lowest floor which was one below the reception area which made it nice that we did not have to tramp through the more public areas in our swim suits. The included breakfast at the cafe was very nice with omlettes made to order by a very nice young man. Also chaffing dish eggs, bacon, sausage, & potatoes. There was also fresh fruit, yogurt and pastries. This was nice for us athletes as we could eat and go to our events with little delay. I think this hotel was once the Hilton but has been taken over by another corporation that also has hotels in Santa Fe. They are doing a nice job and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces? Share your experiences!