“Best of Las Cruces” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces

Save Saved
You added Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces to your Saves list
Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   705 South Telshor Boulevard, Las Cruces, NM 88011 (Formerly Hilton Las Cruces)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Fall Sale - Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Silver City, N.M.
“Best of Las Cruces”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Wonderful older place that rarely disappoints. Convenient location that is w/in walking distance to mall and several restaurants. Great art and décor throughout the hotel public spaces and rooms. I'll trade "modern" for "character" any day. The newly remodeled pool area is awesome. Clean, nice comfy beds/pillows/linens. Gardunio's restaurant downstairs is a treat.
I've stayed at 2 of the Las Cruces hotels w/higher Trip Advisor ratings (for meetings on the premises). They each had as much SouthWest charm as a corn-dog.
I like the corner rooms w/bigger bathrooms, as the regular rooms (even exec rooms on 7th floor) have small bathrooms. Free shuttle to local restaurants/shopping is a plus.
I'd have given 5 stars, but, having paid extra for an 11:00 AM check-in, we arrived at 12:30 and found we could not check in due to their computer system having crashed. Waited until 1:30, when they finally let us into our room (w/o formal check-in). If it were a one time problem, fine, I'd live with that. But more than one staff person said it was a recurring problem. FIX IT! They did adjust final bill to eliminate early arrival fee.
I would not stay anywhere else in Las Cruces. Period.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
hotel705, Lane Fulps- Front Desk Agent at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear jimdaninm,

Thank you for your kind review of Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces and the four star review you gave us. We also appreciate that you are a return guest, Thank You.

Thank you also for mentioning the many amenities our hotel has to offer. Our shuttle service does allow our guests to take full advantage of our central location to experience the best that Las Cruces has to offer. From our newly renovated pool to the incredibly comfortable southwestern decor in our rooms and our public areas, we take pride in giving every guest the best stay possible. We are glad that this has been accomplished for you on several occasions and we hope to continue that tradition in the future. I do apologize, however, that your needs were not met regarding your early check in, it was a simple matter of routine maintaince. The issue has been forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure that this will not be an issue for you or any of our guests in the future.

Again, thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Las Cruces! Have a Great

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Upland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have been here for less than a half hour and our second room is hardly better than the first. The thought of going to the front desk again to ask for another room seems useless. It's late and we have been traveling all day. When I made reservations I specifically ask for a patio or balcony room. The first room they offer us was in the bowels of the hotel with a view of a bar, one small window and seemly dark (#168) and to get to the room we had to walk past all the utility rooms. The hallway carpet was extremely dirty as if there are doing construction close by. When we went back to request another room, Elizabeth acted inconvenienced and gave us a third floor room next to the ice machine. I guess she wasn't pleased with us coming back. The room is nice and clean, which is very important, but we will not be coming back, there are many other choices, try somewhere else. Oh, one other thing, if you are foolish enough to stay here, don't stay on the third floor, evidently the third floor doesn't come with bottled water like the other floors do...wth? It will be a long two days here.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
hotel705, Diana Peru- Director Of Operations at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Sunshine2012727,

Thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered the first half hour of your arrival. I did communicate to my staff on the comments that you shared with TripAdvisor and having the opportunity to talk to you the next morning to resolve the arrival experience. I did want to clarify that not all of our guest rooms offer bottled water, it is an added amenity to our Executive floor and Garden Terrace Rooms. I understand by talking to your husband at checkout that you had a nice, quiet day in the upgraded room. Please when traveling back to Las Cruces contact me direct to make your reservations.
Sitka, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Found this hotel on officialpethotels.com as a pet friendly hotel. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are extremely clean and spacious. Since we had our dog with us, they put us on the first floor. It was very quiet even though they have a club down the hall in the lobby. The staff was courteous and helpful. Very reasonable pet fee of $15. Easy access to restaurants and shopping.

Dear MamaLeti,

First off, allow me to extend our gratitude for the five star review. We appreciate you granting us the opportunity to give you the best experience possible, as this is always something we strive to achieve. We are pleased that this was accomplished for you. Our central location helps to provide our guests with many things to see and do within Las Cruces, as well being minutes away from several dog friendly parks. Thank you again for your recent trip to Hotel Encanto, and we hope to see you and your pet again very soon!
Cancun, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was only here one night, and have no other hotels in Las Cruces to compare it to, but compared to the many other hotels I've stayed in, my review is mediocre. The pros are that the hotel is pretty, even though it is older, the front desk staff is very helpful and accommodating, Lane, especially stands out for customer service, and the location in Las Cruces is excellent. However, the hotel needs serious updating. It is living in the 80's, no flat screen tvs, no cordless phones, old fashioned furniture and no wireless internet service at all while we were there. The room service menu was very limited and almost exclusively mexican food. Update and remodel the rooms and it will be a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
hotel705, Diana Peru- Director of Operations at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Cindy952,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We are happy that our customer service stood out to you during our quick visit with us. I appreciate that you mention Lane in your review, we will recognized him for a job well done. I apologize that we did not meet your lodging expectations. We will continue to upgrade to fit the needs of our guests. We truly appreciate your feedback and I will share your comments with the appropriate managers. We hope that when traveling to the area you will choose to stay with us.
Clovis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family and I were house hunting in Las Cruces and really enjoyed our stay. Beautiful inside and out! Appreciated the military rate and that you are pet friendly. That was our last trip with our dog before she lost her battle with cancer and so we were very happy that she was able to stay there with us. All staff were very helpful and kind. If that is any indicator of how the whole city is, we can't wait to move there! Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gold Canyon, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I stopped at the Hotel Encanto, Las Cruces, NM, for the first leg of our trip through New Mexico. This is an older hotel, however kept very clean. Located across the street from the Mall and within walking distance to restaurants, etc. The staff was very polite, from the front desk to the waiter at the restaurant. We would actually recommend this hotel, if it weren’t for a couple slight problems and one big one;

1) NO, in room safe; (I could have sworn the rooms were advertised with in rooms’ safes when making the reservations), so you’ll need to lug your electronics with you since they don’t offer any, even at the front desk.

2) NO in room refrigerator; which is troublesome in the desert heat, when you would love to refrigerate your water to have cold ones at your disposal?

3) But the BIG problem was extremely annoying. They had an outdoor party on their patio with a dozen speakers aimed AT the hotel rooms. The noise was so loud; our closed window glass on the 7th floor was actually vibrating along with the terrible music!! We could NOT believe it!! We requested a quiet room, since we needed to rest and be on the road early the following morning. Yet, this? We paid top dollar for this room, with no discount because of noise.

I called the front desk, they told us….yes, and they are getting a lot of complaints. But not to worry the noise would be over by 10 PM. Really, did we pay for this? So, at 10:30 with all the partiers screeching into the microphone speakers, I called the front desk again. The guy advised me, that they party stopped at 10 and there was no further noise….I held the phone up to the closed window and asked him, then what am I hearing?

He apologized again. But this was a big deal, when we requested a quiet room with our reservations. We wanted a quiet room. No one told us that a party takes precedence over guests. We had reservations to stop at this hotel on the way home the following week, which we cancelled. Never again!!!

Room Tip: If you decide to stay at this hotel, I recommend checking to see if you will be blasted out of your...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
hotel705, Diana Peru- Director of Operations at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear AZcartrip,

Thank you for making us aware of the issues during your stay at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We are happy to read that you found our location ideal and for mentioning the service that our staff extended to you. I apologize for the miscommunication on the safes, we however offer safe to our guest at the Front Desks to put any valuables. We also have refrigerator to our guest upon request. Our team truly apologizes for the noise that the event on the pool level created that night. We are sorry that the Front Desk did not relay the noise complaint to the appropriate manager to make sure it ended in a timely fashion. We would hope that you will give us another opportunity to make this stay up to you. Please call me direct to help make your reservations. Safe Travel.
Thatcher, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was an awesome place to stay. The rooms were very clean and the hotel staff was very attentive to our needs. We attended my son's wedding here and that was also very well done. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Conway C,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very thrilled that your son's wedding was also a success. Hotel Encanto appreciates all your recommendations. We look forward to welcoming you back. Congratulation!

Been to Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces? Share your experiences!