“Bed and Breakfast combination package” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces

You added Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces to your Saves list
Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   705 South Telshor Boulevard, Las Cruces, NM 88011 (Formerly Hilton Las Cruces)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Limited Time - Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
“Bed and Breakfast combination package”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located and nicely furnished in New Mexico colonial. We had a 6th floor room looking toward the mountains. The tasty breakfast included anything on the breakfast menu up to $8.99. One filter pack of regular Starbucks coffee was in the room's coffee area. The second day I requested an extra.
On the negative: Unfortunately the desk clerk gave us a map and marked incorrect directions to a local event we wanted to attend at a nearby park. A plastic bag for laundry would have been nice. One of the elevators was out.

Room Tip: Be aware that the "mountain view" side of the hotel includes a well-lighted hotel parking...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Janefteach,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We are happy to read that you found our location ideal and found our decor to be unique. I apologize for the inconvinence of the agent giving you wrong directions to the event you were attending. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you further, it is imperative that the agents understand importance of this matter. Thank you again and we forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Austin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I really can't rate this hotel property or service because I couldn't book a room. Called for reservations and got a recording- really? I left a message because I needed 4 rooms on 2 different dates and the website would only let me book one at a time. That would be 8 trips through the booking process- no thanks.

End result- no call back from reservations after a week.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Leonard J,
We truly apologize that we were not able to make your reservaton when you initially attempted to book your rooms. Our Reservation Department hours are 8am-8pm, I researched our call log and there were no voicemails that we did not reach out too. I also apologize that our website only allows you to make reservations per requested date, I would like to inform you that after the first reservation a profile is saved and you would only have to select date enter email address and password to make the process easier. I would appreciate the opportunity to give you a site tour when you are in town, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for bringing these issues up to my attention, I have reviewed them with our Reservation Department to better service our guest.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had stayed here many times in 2008 while on business at WSMR and decided that since it was nice then we would stay here on our pleasure trip to White Sands. The outside and lobby were almost exactly as I recalled but that was about all that was the same. During check in we were informed that we would be in a handicapped room, which we did not request, but figured well ok.

We went to our room and were blown away to find it nearly 90 degrees with the heat on full blast! Thought maybe someone was confused as to how to operate the '70's vintage thermostat so I turned it down and tried to cool off. Right away I noticed that our room was missing the alarm clock so I reported it to the front desk, they apologized and offered to go find one but we didn't have time to wait before our dinner plans so I told them that was ok. I also noticed that the room was much more old and dirty looking than I remembered from my stays before.

The bathroom was nasty! There was mold on the tub, in the door jamb, and in the rusty plate over the shower. The shower drain was very slow but after looking at the picture I got with my camera flash I could see why----- very nasty (see my pics). I turned on the light outside of the bathroom and was shocked to see trash actually up inside the AC vent! It looked to be a large pie pan and some garbage bags. Not sure why it was there but it was a really trashy touch, no pun intended. All of the staff we interacted with were very friendly and helpful with the exception of the lady working in the gift shop, you are not going to get a smile out of her no matter what... I was very disappointed in our stay this weekend. As bad as it may sound I wonder if the room was just not as well kept since it was a handicapped room but who knows? Also noticed that my credit card was charged and extra $27.50 today. Called and asked why and was told it is a bank authorizing hold and will go away in 72 hours. They failed to mention that at check in as well. Will miss the Hotel Encanto, but hear the Stay Bridge is really nice!

Dear N7873N,
We appreciate you taking the time to express your concern on your recent stay. We are extremely embarrassed that a valued guest experienced such a terrible stay at our facility. I would like to assure you that this is not who we are. We failed by checking you in to a room that was not up to our standards. Our Maintenance Department was working on the HVAC system and did not clean up properly and left items that were visible to our guests. This room should have remained out of order until all projects had been corrected. I would like the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay, it is very difficult to research why you were assigned to a handicap room without more information. Please accept our apologizes, we would hope that you would give us another opportunity to be your choice of lodging when traveling to the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel! Beautiful pool area, great food. Staff was very nice. Staying here makes you feel like you are in New Mexico!! Well worth the short drive off I10. Would stay here again. Not like the typical chain. Pleasant surprise. Beautiful view of city from rooms in evening

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marfa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This recently remodeled hotel has many luxury resort amenities. The proximity to the rather small shopping mall and several big box stores is a plus. The bar food menu was a great surprise and the Club Azul decor is very modern and nice.
My only complaint is that I was charged $1 for a local call to the hotel's spa to set up a pedicure.
When I checked out they were not able to credit the charge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Divison Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Holly E,

Thank you for the five star review! Also, thank you for noticing our amenities and comparing us to a resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed Azul and the atmosphere it has to offer. I apologize for the miscommunication from the front desk on the phone call to Mercedez Salon on property. I adjusted the charge, if you do have any further question please feel free to give me a call. I look forward to your next visit.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The property is very nice and located in an area near a mall and several restaurants. The onsite bar, Club Azul, was a perfect place to hang out and have drinks with friends. The bartender, Melissa, was great. She recommended several specialty drinks that were just that, special. The bar food was exceptional. Manager George did a fine job suggesting area restaurants that really hit the spot. Newly remodeled pool area was first class. We will be back again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Blueloci,

We are extremely happy that we exceeded your expectations and thank you for sharing your comments with TripAdvisor readers. We appreciate you recgonizing Melissa and George for the customer service that they offered to you. Hotel Encanto staff is very proud of the new outdoor enhancements and are thrilled that our guests are giving us such great feedback. We hope that you will be visiting again soon.
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Aside from the gorgeous lobby and pool (which closes at 10pm) this place is pretty standard. The restaurant in the lobby serves breakfast early and it is quite tasty for restaurant fare. Unfortunately, the staff takes its time retrieving the left over plates, and we came across more than 15 piles of foul trays walking to our room at 4pm! It really is conveniently located, in one of the busier areas of LC, with lots of places to eat and shop nearby. My only complaint would have to be the thickness of the walls. You can hear absolutely everything on your floor. This is especially true if somebody is watching TV next door, or even just talking loudly. The top floor and Bed and Breakfast pkg is not worth the premium. But, really a nice place otherwise and staff was excellent. We really enjoyed our stay. If staying on a Saturday night, stop by the "Club Azul" for a incredibly interesting nightlife experience. Also, not a big deal, but, be warned, that,during our visit the "hot tub" was more of a "slightly-warmer-than-the-pool tub". We would revisit in future.

Room Tip: Skip the Premium rooms, unless you get a suite. All of the rooms with the exception of the 1st floor...
Dear Austin D,

Thank for posting your comments on your recent stay. Your feedback is important. I was happy to read that you had an opportunity to enjoy Gardunos and the decor of the hotel stood out to you. I will inform the proper managers on the issues that you mentioned. I am happy read that you will be returning, if you would like to contact me directly I will be able to assist you with your reservation. We look forward to your next visit

Been to Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces? Share your experiences!