“As always my favourite place to stay in Las Cruces” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces

You added Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces to your Saves list
Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   705 South Telshor Boulevard, Las Cruces, NM 88011 (Formerly Hilton Las Cruces)   |
Affiliate website
Offers & Announcements
Limited Time - Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
“As always my favourite place to stay in Las Cruces”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I would have given the hotel all 5's and probably will the next time but they were tearing up and remodelling the pool which really screwed up the parking etc. plus a pool is a must have in Cruces. However from what I could see from my room it's going to be great when its done. Everything else was great and as always my favourite place in Cruces

• Stayed April 2013
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Santefesoaker,
Thank you for your return business. We are happy to read that Hotel Encanto is your favorite place when traveling to Las Cruces. We are excited about the completion on our garden and pool areas which we are looking to open mid June. I invite you back Senior Contributor and will anxiously wait your commets on our new areas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a wedding reception at Hotel Encanto that was absolutely perfect! I called and was connected to an event planner that was wonderful! I shared what we were wanting with event manager, Lia Munoz. She made the reception into a beautiful event! The banquet room and appearance with flowers, decorations, etc. was even more beautiful than we had imagined! The food was outstanding. The banquet staff was very attentive to our needs throughout the course of the evening. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is wanting a perfect event!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vicki J J
Thank you for choosing Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces to be part of such a special occasion. We are excited to read that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for mentioning Lia, we will all agree that she is a positive addition to our Sales Department. I will also inform our Banquet Team on the stellar service that you recieved. Best wishes.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hotel Encanto is a wonderful hotel. I visit Las Cruces 5-6 times a year and always stay at this hotel. I travel both for work and pleasure and find this hotel one of my favorites. The desk staff is very helpful and pleasant. They remember me by name on each visit. The lobby and the rooms are beautiful and very unique, not like any other hotel that I have stayed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the five star rating and sharing with TripAdvisor readers on your experience when you are a guest at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We are pleased that we meet your lodging needs and that you find the property unique. That is what we strive to offer each guest a cultural experience in comparison to any other hotel. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to your next visit
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I come to the Encanto with my Mother every quarter for medical treatments. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very helpful and polite. The restaurant is much better now, and the Manager Harry Hatch was very helpful in arranging a dinner party for us. The food was very tasty and much improved over other times we have stayed here over the last 4.5 years. We recommend the hotel to anyone having to stay in a hotel in Las Cruces. The lady at the desk was
very obliging too, I'm sorry I don't know her name. There is construction going on, but it doesn't really interfere with anything going on inside. Looking forward to my next trip to see how things look when it is finished.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear SueandDee
Thank you for choosing Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces when traveling to Southern New Mexico. We truely appreciate your loyality and also that you enjoy dinning in Gardunos. We are excited for your return visit and to experience our new garden terrace and pool expansion. We will be completing the project by mid June. I also wanted to mention when you stay at Hotel Encanto a portion of the room revenue is donated to our cultural partner, The Friends and Family of the Taylor House which is located in Mesilla. We look forward to your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a copy of the email I sent to the management, I didn't hear anything back from them. Plus look at the pictures of the mold in the bathroom and urine on the carpet in my room!

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am sorry to say that I am writing this email to state my disappointment with Hotel Encanto. I stayed here last year about this time and had a wonderful experience, sad to say, I can't say the same about this stay. I am in room 309, March 8 - 10, 2013.

To start off, the vent in the bathroom has been overrun with dust bunnies, it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in a very long time. If you are going to re wallpaper the bathroom, get someone who knows what they are doing, around the mirror looks like a youngster did the work.

The only reason the "main room" vent was clean was because the heat was stuck on high and I had to have maintenance come up to turn it off. I had to open the windows to cool off the room and one side had no screen! When maintenance came, he told me the "owner" is trying to save money and wants to remove all screens. The view out my window overlooks the entrance. I expect to see the roof, but it is ugly to say the least. There are lose tiles flapping in the breeze, cinder blocks holding down and tied to what looks like phone cables, and obvious leaks in the roof.

The furniture is miss-matched and not functional, in fact I cut my leg on the desk. The armoire is cheap looking, especially with the faux distressed look, not something I would highlight in my room. The arms for the desk chair are so low, the chair would be more comfortable without them. Electrical outlets are not conveniently located. The bed sags about 2 - 3 inches in the middle, making sleeping uncomfortable.

The high-speed Internet connection is slow and keeps dropping. Your Welcome Book states to call Last Mile Research's tech support line at 1-800-605-4227. I have two problems with that. First; I am not staying at the Last Mile Research hotel, and secondly; when you call the number it is not in service.

In conclusion, I did not enjoy my stay and not only can I NOT recommend this Hotel to my friends and family, I will have to strongly suggest they NOT stay here when in town.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hotel705, General Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Mr Garstka,
We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts about your latest stay. We regret that you didn’t enjoy your time at our beautiful hotel. Given the unusually poor description, we set out to research your concerns. Initially, our Rooms Division Manager spoke with you about your experience after becoming aware of it and prior to your review posting. We always welcome the opportunity to discuss a guest’s experience directly. We appreciate our maintenance personnel’s quick response to your room temperature concern. It seemed like an atypical response for a team member about our facility but we have addressed this with our team. We continue to stress to all staff to be especially responsive and courteous during the construction of the significant outdoor enhancements that our owner is generously providing for our guests. Our room décor is very distinctive, reflecting the culture and history of our region, and is overwhelmingly appreciated by our guests. We did find and remove the wine (not urine) stain from your room and asked our housekeeping staff to double their efforts to find all areas that need immediate attention. We have also replaced the rusted towel rack that was described incorrectly as moldy. Thank you again for the opportunity to improve and we hope that you give us another chance to show you that your recent stay was the exception to the wonderful experience that most people experience at Hotel Encanto.

Belia Alvarez
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This our third stay in this hotel, but the first time under the new ownership & management. My first impression was very positive and I give the credit to all the staff starting with Front Desk, Room Service, Housekeeping and the Restaurant personnel...all were very professional and attentive. Ambiance is understated, relaxed, Spanish colonial and the fountain is a beautiful focal point in the lobby.

-Rooms - Rooms have all the basics and were clean, but could use some improvements such as: flat screen TV's & updated/rennovated bathrooms.
-Lobby- Very welcoming & elegant.
-Room Service- Was fast, accurate, and the food was tasty.
-Restaurant- Food was flavorful, courteous service, and reasonably priced.

Overall this was a very pleasant and joyful stay. Definitely will return after the new swimming pool complex is built.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Senior Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We hold high costomer service standard and it is wonderful to read that all department met your expectations. Just to clarify since 2006 we have been with Heritage Hotels and Resorts, we do have a new General Manager Belia Alvarez who joined our team in August of 2012. She truely is a remarkable leader and we look forward to bringing Hotel Encanto to a higher level of service for our valued guests. We look forward for your next visit and your feedback on our property enhancements which are to be completed in mid June.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had to go to Las Cruces for a business meeting and my secretary made a reservation for me at this hotel. I had my daughter and puppy with me, so I knew my options were limited to hotels that accept pets. Most times, the choices are not stellar. Boy, was I surprised.

The lobby area is beautiful, warm and inviting. The front desk staff is on par with any 5-star resort, and they went above and beyond for me. This statement is true for all six people I had contact with at the front desk.

Upon entering the guest room, my daughter said "It looks like we're in a castle!" The room was generous in size, clean, well appointed and the bed was fantastic! We even took advantage of the breakfast ordering card in the room. The room services prices were more than reasonable (less expensive than going out to breakfast), it arrived right on time and every bite was delicious.

There is major construction going on around the grounds of this hotel, including the closure of the "lower" parking lot which means that you have to park quite some distance away from the door. When the construction is complete, this hotel will compete with the finest hotels anywhere.

I will definitely stay here again. In fact, I may make more "reasons" to go to Las Cruces, just so that I can!

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the hall on the lobby level (2nd floor) are amazing. The windows are much t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear 85lisam85,
Thank you from the entire team at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces for the five star rating. We are so thrilled that you stayed with us during a business trip and we exceeded you expectations. I also have a young daughter that enjoys visiting the property to go into fantasy land. We invite you and your family back to share in a unforgetable cultural experience.