“Great Hotel for Group” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces

You added Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces to your Saves list
Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   705 South Telshor Boulevard, Las Cruces, NM 88011 (Formerly Hilton Las Cruces)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Holiday Sale - Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
New Mexico
“Great Hotel for Group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I reserved 11 rooms at the Encanto for out-of-town guests coming to a birthday celebration (i.e. I didn't stay at the hotel myself as I live here). I recommend it highly. First, for anyone organizing an event, the sales and marketing department, especially Christopher Cruz, is excellent to work with. Phone calls and e-mails were returned promptly; questions answered; and the master bill was correct at the end of the event. I viewed several guest rooms prior to deciding on the Encanto - they were all clean, well-furnished, and looked comfortable.A nice touch is a large glass urn with cold water, ice, and slices of cucumber, lemon, sometimes oranges at the front desk for guests to enjoy as they check in. My guests said the hotel was ideal. They loved the Southwest / Spanish atmosphere throughout; they said the rooms were comfortable; they enjoyed the large outdoor pool, and the only slightly negative complaint I heard was that service at breakfast was a little slow when the restaurant was busy; but the food was good. The location, across from Las Cruces' only shopping mall was appreciated, as was the hotel van, which is available to take guests anywhere in Las Cruces or Mesilla until 8 p.m. The front desk staff seemed to remember us all, even me, who wasn't staying at the hotel. I'll ask my guests to post their own reviews as well. If I were to organize another event, or recommend a hotel to people from out of town, I would definitely recommend the Encanto - it is unique. I viewed a total of 4 local hotels before deciding on the Encanto and would choose it again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are available for anyone with mobility issues; there is also an elevator to the u...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Carefree, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We spent Labor Day weekend at the Hotel Encanto while attending the Hatch Chile Festival. this is a quality facility, formerly a Hilton, and now part of the Heritage chain located mainly in NM. We stayed in a large corner king room, and we're very satisfied with all aspects of the room: comfortable bed, clean well-appointed bath, etc. The front desk staff is excellent--Alma and Amanda were very pleasant and helpful.

Several suggestions:
1. The rate schedule for rooms has so many variations and specials that it is worthwhile to phone the hotel and try to work it out. This got us an excellent rate in a good room.
2. The front of the hotel faces the freeway and the shopping center on the other side of the freeway, but also has a nice view over the city. The back of the hotel faces the Organ Mountains to the east.
3. If you have time and are so inclined, don't miss the easy day hike to the Dripping Springs, a beautiful 3 mile walk reached by going east about 10 miles on University St.
4. We were pleased to find the Garduno's restaurant in the lobby of the hotel. Unfortunately, the entrees fell far short of the quality of their restaurants in Albuquerque, and the manager never bothered to address our concerns. We would not eat there again.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel to get the best rate and the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and had to pay $25 each night for our dog. Not only do you get the not so nice rooms (1st floor and stained carpet) with a dog, there is no breakfast, no fridge nothing in the room. I would be interested to see what happens to those $75. There was no mess whatsoever, I know there are people that leave rooms in alot worse condition. You couldn't even tell there was a dog in the room. I think it should be charged as a deposit, that would be the fair thing to do. Hotels like that, really rip dog owners off. Sad.

Room Tip: if you don't want the noise from the pool, ask for a room on the other side..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Our room had a large-over 2 ft in diameter--very dirty stain in the center of the living area. We were staying for three days and it really bothered me because it made me feel like I was staying in a flea-bag hotel. Rooms should not be rented when the carpet is in such a desperate need of cleaning. Also, there are no "do not disturb" signs and at 8:20 am, we had housekeeping walking into our room. We should have had the chain guard up but a do not disturb sign could have allowed us to sleep in after three very busy days in Las Cruces.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manage at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the condition of the room that you were checked into during your recent stay this is definately not the experience we want our guests to have. We have high standard at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces from customer service to the cleanliness of our rooms. I did have the opportunity to talk to you during check out and I am truly regretful that we did not have a chance to rectify the issue during your stay. I have talked to my housekeeping supervisor and have explained to them the severity of not having our rooms looking there best for every arrival. Thank you for your feedback, we will move forward with additional training. During our conversation at check out you expressed to me that you enjoyed the conference you were attending and the service provided by our banquet department. We look forward to having the group in next year
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Spent two nights in a king room. Very spacious...clean..comfy beds lots of pillows. the bathroom was small but adequate. If your tall the shower head will need some maneuvering.
nice cool ac ;)
ate breakfast in the restaurant...the American breakfast...very tasty both mornings.

• Stayed August 2012
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. Its wonderful that we were able to meet your lodging needs. Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces takes great pride in offering each guests a cultural experience unlike any other hotel in the city. We are pleased that you had the opportunity to join us for breakfast in the Gardunos that was recently opened. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.
Sewell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

All in all, I thought El Encanto was a lovely hotel. The lobby was very welcoming, decorated in a lovely southwestern style. The open air restaurant was nice, too, thought I only ate there for breakfast. My only complaint was the music that came from the pool area. I was trying to nap one afternoon and -- despite the fact I was on the highest floor, 7 -- I could hear the music clearly. When I called to ask the front desk about it, a young girl who answered said, "well, I guess they're just playing music there." No attempt whatsoever to remedy the sitatuion. And although the pool was supposed to close at 10 p.m., there were people gathered there muich later. Overall, though, it was a nice place. Oh yes, almost forgot - they have a shuttle service to take you to local shopping plazas -- they'll drop you off AND come back and pick you up, so no need for a taxi. That was nice touch!

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear noise from the pool area, ask to be on another side of the building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We appreciate the great comments you shared with TripAdvisor readers on your recent stay at Hotel Encanto. Its wonderful that you had the opportunity to enjoy the cultural decor that we have through out the hotel and that you had a chance to enjoy breakfast in Gardunos. Also that you found our shuttle service convenient and helpful. I apologize for the guest that woke you up during your nap with music and also the reply that you recieved from the agent that answered the phone, which I will address. Offering great customer service is our main goal. Thank you again for your positive remarks and hope to see you soon.
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were passing through Las Cruces on a short road trip and needed a place for the night. We found this place on line and the room rate was comparable to most of the usual chain hotels, so we booked it. What a treat! The place has personality reflecting its New Mexican heritage, with Saltillo tile floors and Garduno's Mexican restaurant in the lobby. It's very clean, the staff is friendly and competent, and the location on a hillside close to the freeway is convenient. There's also plenty of parking and free wi-fi in the rooms.

The rooms are adequate in size and nicely furnished. One of our rooms overlooked the pool, and even though there were lots of kids enjoying a Friday night swim, we couldn't hear a thing. The other room had a wood floor, and the only negative comment is that the room smelled strongly of floor wax.

We had drinks in the bar (most welcome after a long day on the road) and breakfast at Garduno's, which was good.

I would definitely stay here again if I ever pass through Las Cruces.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side have a nice view and look down on the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Julias21!
Reading your review is what the staff at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces wants all of our guest to experience. Having opportunity to unwind in Azul after traveling, enjoying a meal at Gardunos and being comfortable in the guest room. Thank you for mentioning the service that our staff offered and recognizing cultural heritage that is displayed. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Been to Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces? Share your experiences!