You added Ramada Las Cruces Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Las Cruces Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 East University Avenue, Las Cruces, NM 88005 (Formerly Holiday Inn Las Cruces)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
25% Off 2-Night Stays
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada in Las Cruces last week for my cousins wedding and had a great experience. The hotel is a real slice of Las Cruces life with everything in close driving distance and a great atmosphere. You can tell the Hotel isn't the newest in the city but with the indoor pool that is not the usual cookie cutter facility it made for great fun for our family. The staff was very engaging and helpful. I have to say it is difficult to get good information about the area from locals. But the front desk at the Ramada was way different. They are plugged into where to go, how to get there and what to avoid in Las Cruces. In particular the brilliant professionalism of Shannon the front desk lady was a life saver. She gave accurate descriptive reviews and driving directions to the best restaurants, tourist attractions, carwash and even donuts in town. Why no one else knows about these places in their own back yard is a mystery to me. But I would definitely recommend the Ramada for anyone who wants to stay at a place that has authentic Las Cruces hospitality. I don't know if it is the best for people just passing through but it is right off I-10 near the university.

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Audrey H, Director of Sales at Ramada Las Cruces Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We are delighted that your stay was impeccable. I hope to see you again soon. Check out our heated poo and exercise room, the newly-redesigned menu in the Sabor restaurant and all of the upgrades we are making in the hotel--including the new elevator! Come see us!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was really surprised by this hotel because I had read some negative reviews, so I was not happy that Priceline had selected this hotel for me. But . . . . we entered the hotel and loved it! It didn't appear to have a lot of clients, and it appears a little aged but everything else made up for it. Our room was towards the "back" and it had two entrances. One, in the general hallway, and an interior "french" door that led to the covered central courtyards and pool. We absolutely ate it up! The hallway looks dark and dingy, but in a Spanish sort of way-spanish tile, spanish themed carpet, that helped keep everything cool since it was in the high 90's outside.

Given the fact that we had just crossed most of the country in generic hotels, this hotel was a definite respite. The two queen beds were actual queen beds with very comfortable and stylish duvets with multiple king-sized pillows. The room had a fridge for our drinks and meds- and I hadn't expected this. Bathroom was older but clean and a great large showerhead! They only have one washer and one dryer in the back of the hotel and you have to ask for change at the desk.

Re wi-fi, the daughter was able to connect without an issue.

Yes we went to the restaurant and initially were the only clients at 6 pm on a Thursday, (we had to ask if it was open) but later more people joined us. It took the waitress a couple of tries and she forgot a lot of things, but I got the feeling that they had just opened. The food was Spanish themed and it was fresh and good-look at the pictures. Breakfast could be better; it was usual carbs-cereals, breads, one set of eggs, no potatoes or meat products, again this was included and I didn't really expect it-given the absolutely INSANELY LOW price we paid for, what I considered a 3 1/2 to 4-starred hotel.

When it was time to leave, we went outside and heard a train but we didn't hear it at night. Since we had come in from Albuquerque, we didn't notice that it was right off the other freeway until we left. That's pretty good that we didn't hear a sound from the freeway or from trains and the walls weren't paper thin! We were in room 145?.

We're hoping if we ever have to go back, that this place is still around!

Room Tip: In the back hallway with the 2nd entrance. Very quiet and there is a back door entrance if you park...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am glad that you had a good experience--what we want to hear from all of our guests. We continue to work to make every experience great, so I hope that you will return soon to see the upgrades and remodeling that we are doing. Also, given the time frame of your stay, you are very perceptive. We have just revamped our menu in the Sabor restaurant, and are working at properly training our wait and bar staff so that you enjoy the food and ambiance as well. I hope you will return soon to see the improvements we have made.

Fontana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel the clerk at the front desk was very friendly and helpful the room was absolutely gorgeous and comfortable and the price was extremely reasonable I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

I am always delighted to hear two things: one, that you enjoyed your stay; and two, that your will be returning. I hope when you get back, you will see the upgrades we have mead to our rooms, and in our hallways, our restaurant and in our landscaping. We are working hard to make sure that each stay is completely enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you here again with us soon.

Lamesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Overal review was excellent. Very nice rooms, excellent vicinity to the hospital. Enjoyable and comfortable stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

I am glad that your stay went well. I hope you also have the chance to return, see our upgrades, eat from our newly-designed dinner menu, and relax in our pool or take advantage of our exercise room. Come see us soon!