“Above and beyond the normal hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2160 West Picacho Street, Las Cruces, NM 88005   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
NYC
“Above and beyond the normal hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

We arrived quite late, but the owner quickly showed us to our room, and soon after brought us some wonderful green tea, which was nice and relaxing after a long day of driving. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the gardens were charming and well-kept, the room was spacious and immaculately clean. Although it was not at all fancy or luxurious, it is the perfect place for anyone who looking for a quiet, affordable place to stay. You will not find anything better for twice the price. The wonderful owners clearly take pride in their hotel, and go above and beyond to make your stay is an extraordinary one. I will definitely stay here every time I travel through Las Cruces.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Dallas TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

Hi every one my husband and I went to Las Cruces NM. And stay in American best value inn. I had heard about this place before and it is 100 % truth. This owners are the best I ever meat in the hotel business. This is the first hotel I visit, that offers you something to drink when you check in and bring you some hot tea at your room to keep you warm. There is a nice atmosphere and you will feel at home. David and Elena are the greatest and warmest couple you will meet now days. I will recommend every one who travels through Las Cruces NM., to make a stop there and enjoy the hospitality. You will never regret your stay.

Shirley and Fernand Erdmann

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Nogales, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

Definitely the best value, the best hospitality, and the best experience I have had in the Las Cruces area. I have been to the Las Cruces International Mariachi music Conference with my group for the past 14 years and had never had such a wonderful experience. The attention the staff provides is by far the best in town. I highly recommend Americas Best Value Inn to all travelers.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Levelland, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

The gardens are very nice, but the lobby and rooms leave much to be desired. The furniture is rather shabby and the whole room is dated. The bed is adequate but didn't give us the best night's sleep. The TV had a snowy picture. Owners, However, are very helpful. I felt that I had been misled by the glowing ratings. We found slightly cheaper rates and much better accommodations the second night so we did not feel that this was a "best value".

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Woodway, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

Could not check in on arrival (10:00 PM) because owner was not there and had "locked" the computer. Left to have dinner. Given single metal key when returned. Room was filthy; not sure sheets had been changed from previous occupants. Bathroom/tub was grungy. Did not want to take a shower in that filth. Slept in clothes on top of bed. If it had not been so late, would have sought another motel immediately.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
davidgLC, owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2009
It is unfortunate you were unable to contact us during your stay, rather than advise us on the internet after you had left, of your concerns. Your comments surprise us, however we would have addressed any issues, had we been given the chance. Rather now all we can offer are our apologies.
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

The owner was incredibly friendly when I arrived and very helpful. When I told him that I'd be leaving before the continental breakfast was to be served, he made sure to grab me a couple muffins and water.
The room was clean and comfortable. I arrived at night and left before sunrise (to get to White Sands National Monument) but by the outdoor lights, I could see a very pretty landscaped setting of desert plants around the pool. There was a gazebo and BBQ as well.
My only complaint was that the showerhead was a little low so I had to slightly bend backwards to wash my hair (I'm 5'10"). Other than that, I'd highly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Champlin, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Lives up to its name - Best Value: beautiful, comfortable, serene, wonderful gardens, quiet, friendly staff, good price. Ideal for us.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!