“Just what I look for-quirky roadside motels” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Fort Worth, Texas
“Just what I look for-quirky roadside motels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very pleasant to be greeted by your hostess, escorted to your room and brought chips and salsa The room was very clean. The bathroom was a little worn and needs a bit of work, but overall the room was pleasantly decorated and inviting. The courtyard with its koi pond and sculptures was a bonus. The pool didn't appear to be filled as high as it should, but some kids were splashing around and having fun. One tip for the owners: the curtains are too long and impede airflow from the a/c beneath them. I was able to pin up with some clothespins I carry with me and this helped.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is a bit of a tired old motel - it's had a lot of use. As noted, the owners are super chill , friendly, cool. The quirkiness of the hotel definitely adds to the charm. The lobby is very unique, with a grand piano even! Very cool. And as noted, the massive chili out front adds to the charm.

What I wasn't thrilled about was the bed. It was one of the worst beds I think I have ever slept on. To me, I generally only sleep in a hotel room. I want a good night's sleep. This mattress was plain horrible.....I did not sleep well. The sheets seem to need to be replaced as well.

I do love a good bang for my buck, but I'd probably spend a little bit more and stay at a little nicer place. I've slept much better in my tent and sleeping pad than I did on that mattress.

If you're looking for budget accommodation w/ cool owners and some quirkiness/character, this might work for you. Maybe the bed in my room was just a one-off.

Some reviews commented on the location -- I felt it was completely safe and I had no issues with it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The owners of this America's Best Value Inn are very hands-on, which is great. We arrived and were greeted promptly. After checking in, we were escorted to our room (this was a first) and then brought some chips & salsa. About 15 minutes after arriving, we decided to turn on the TV - it didn't work. We notified the desk and they came right over. We thought maybe the remote was bad/dead, but it turns out the TV just wasn't going to operate. So, even though it wasn't immediately necessary (who really needs to watch more TV anyway?!?), the TV was replaced with a new one. Problem solved.

The room was clean, though the beds seemed a little soft. We left before sunrise (wanted to get through El Paso before the rush of lunatics) and left our key on top of the microwave, as instructed.

The neighborhood isn't great, but the owners more than make up for the location. They seem like they truly want to make this work, so more power to them.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

After looking for a place to stay one night and not wanting to spend a fortune I found this hotel. What a surprise it was #2 on Tripadvisor. I have stayed before at the Springhill Suites in Las Cruces. Of course it is a Marriott. But I didn't want to pay well over $100 for just passing through. This met all our needs. The owner was at the desk and was very charming. He and his wife are all over the place and make it a personal experience. Our room was very comfortable. I wasn't used to the old style key lock but all hotels had them for many many years. We had a microwave, refrigerator and flat panel TV. There was tons of counter space for toiletries/make up etc.The bed was very comfortable. There was a charming tropical area, pool and BBQ in the center of the property. Of course the chile pepper out front made it easy to find. It was easy to get to from I-10. I have to say driving up it didn't look like a #2 in Las Cruces place. the breakfast in the spacious lobby was simple but plenty for us for our last day back to Tucson. The two large fish tanks were nice to watch.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place is cheap but very very nice. Super clean, amazing staff and a nice room! The grounds are very kitschy in an awesome way and my little son loves exploring the grounds, especially the koi pond!

First impressions can be a little deceiving as this is just another hotel from the road, except there is a GIANT PEPPER out front. The largest in the world apparently.

The owners take a great deal of pride in this place, so do yourself a favor, save some money over the other expensive places in town and stay here! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had the privilege of staying here while waiting for truck repairs. The owners were on site and available to take care of our needs. They are friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We were shown to our room to make sure everything was just right. The room was very clean and comfortable. There is a pool and gazebo for outdoor fun. The decorations are eclectic with an outback flair. Overall, just a really nice place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Owner and staff were fabulous/ personable. The grounds were a stunning oasis! Next time - I will plan to use the grill and really ENJOY the beautiful space. I appreciated their attention to security, as it did not appear to be the greatest part of town - but was made very comfortable. The rooms were older and eclectic - which I like. If you want fancy, new hotel stuff - you might be disappointed. If you want superb service, a beautiful setting and a great value (and if you like eclectic) stay here.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the 2nd floor looking over the center gardens/ courtyard and koi pond.