“Really friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Helsingborg, Sweden
“Really friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

A very nice hotel with great friendly staff. At check-in they showed us to our room and brought us nachos and salsa. We used the pool, which was really clean, and walked in the garden they had. You notice that a lot of love has been put into that garden and koi pond. The big chili at the front of the hotel was a real fun detail and there was a lot of information about the different kinds of chili's, also in a cute decorated garden. The lobby was huge and had a cute little breakfast area. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and while I may get a little spoiled sometimes, when I travel for pleasure: I prefer to spend less on a room and more on activities & experiences, etc.

I could have easily picked a cheaper motel, but picked this one based on the good reviews listed here. The property was super cool and also clean and comfortable, as was my room. The bed a little firm for my taste, but it did the job :) Also liked the huge vanity counter and mirror!

I liked the layout of the place and felt I was in a safe location for a solo woman traveler. You can tell the owners/operators care about the property and their guests. I was personally shown to my room and efficiently given the rundown on breakfast, internet, etc. --which I also liked and appreciated after my very long drive.

There were quality grills out in the courtyard and many places to sit --arranged in cozy settings around a sparkling pool with well kept spaces and plant life and a even a babbling brook! I could easily see making this place a home base for a few days, cooking out using one of the grills and making use of the microwave and mini-fridge in the room.

My advice? Spend the extra $20 or so dollars you'd have saved on a "cheaper motel" and stay here instead. It was worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you have trouble taking stairs. I don't think they have an elevato...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank CarrieAnn66
Knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Standout motel! It's not just the uniqueness of the property that standouts, it's the personal genuine (not fake) smiles and caring and helpful attitudes of the motel owners who are on property. An excellent base for a visit to gorgeous Las Cruces, NM for all. World international travelers will also most certainly enjoy this property. Never felt unsafe - there are cheap undesirable hotels/motels all over Las Cruces as well as any city. Locals are not allowed to stay so this makes for a safer more comfortable environment for you. As with any city (some more than others), and even in daily life, common sense and vigilance is always necessary, I think. Host/owners went out of their way to make sure I was happy and were very helpful. I maybe have a little more insight than many as I stayed almost a full week. The owners continue to add their signature touches to the property in the form of original works of art, a Koi pond, and yes the LARGEST Chile sculpture in the world! Because of the massive weight, the Chili was very carefully structurally engineered for safety. The inner courtyard is an oasis that is a retreat from the already laid back bustle of Las Cruces with the Koi pond a crystal clear swimming pool and a grill as well a tented sitting area. What amazed me was to see different guests sitting reflecting as well reading books under at the tented sitting area. There is a very basic quickstart breakfast (cereal variety, toast, danishes, coffee, milk, orange juice) and many restaurants. Very basic but adequate toiletries, towels, and wash clothes. The property has a laundry room as well. Clint Eastwood stayed at the motel in 1967 while filming "Hang'em High." Laugh out loud - In what is evidently a very clear cut case of profiling, Eastwood said he would have made it to Las Cruces a lot sooner but he was repeatedly pulled over in his brand new Ferrari sports car as they said he “didn't look like someone that would be driving a car like that.” As with all motels/hotels please remember there are times they are busy helping guests and can't easily interact with everyone at the same time - be patient and you will experience what I did. Just enough home but you have your space as well. The motels on Picacho AV (LOL By the way - PICACHO defined is “a large pointed isolated hill” even the locals didn't know what this meant.) Make sure that it is the America's Best Value located at 2160 West Picacho Ave Las Cruces, NM 88007 United States 575-524-8627.

Room Tip: There are several good restaurants, gas, and a Walgreens within walking distance. Pepe's Mexica...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank rlane1000
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My cousin and I were traveling across the southwest and found this affordable gem among a sea if hotels in the area. We were welcomed without a reservation and warmly welcomed by the owner. Check in was smooth and she showed is to our room and brought us complimentary chips and salsa. The pool and courtyard are beautifully furnished with multiple nooks for guests to sit and relax. The pool area was beautiful and there is a fish pond in the courtyard - a detail that made this place feel cozy. And the worlds largest chile was the cherry on too. We felt completely at home, like part of the family. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. We had an extremely enjoyable experience here.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank TheJetSetter79
St Marys
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

By their very nature, the owners and staff have created a friendly, welcoming place to sit back, relax and let the day fall away. The rooms all face the courtyard with its sparkling clean pool and beautiful waterfall/pond filled with fish. Bbqs are set in various areas where guests can cook their own meals and/or gather together with others. Paths wind through the courtyard, connecting the seating areas all surrounded by native plants. When you realize that the owners and staff have done the landscaping and various decorating projects themselves, you can fully appreciate the care and pride they have in creating this comfortable space for their guests. There is no pretense at this hotel. It is simply relaxing, friendly and welcoming. The rooms are pretty big, have everything you need and they are clean. I didn't have any reservations about hopping into the big comfy bed each night. A continental breakfast complete with cereal, baked goods and good coffee in the main lobby are included in the room rate. Another gathering place designed for guests to meet and chat and enjoy. If you want a truly relaxing and friendly place to stay, this is definitely it. In the week I was there, I felt like 'one of the family' and you certainly can't go wrong with that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Vickie L L
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Delightful hotel. We were greeted by the very friendly staff on arrival. Our room was big and very clean. Garden area with fish pond and a lovely sitting area with a couple of BBQs.The owner is an Australian and his wife Indonesian who are very friendly. We were given salsa and crackers on arrival, a nice touch. This is a biker friendly motel and we were able to park our bike in a secure site out of view of the road. Good value for money. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carmen D
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The service from the staff was ok, the greeted us and made our check in really fast, the surprise was when we got to our room, the room looked like it was remodeled recently but still look very old and dirty, the brought us some chips and salsa, which it was a very good detail from the staff. Ultimately we did not feel safe and we decided to stay there for 1 night and then cancel our reservation. The location of the hotel is a really rough neighborhood according to the locals. We definitely will not stay there in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Elrazo
davidgLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
It is unfortunate you did not raise your concerns during your stay, rather than 3 months later on the internet. We regret your stay was less than expected.