“Nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Las Cruces

You added Days Inn Las Cruces to your Saves list
Days Inn Las Cruces
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   755 Avenida de Mesilla, Las Cruces, NM 88005 (Formerly Hampton Inn Las Cruces)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Florida
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Las Cruces last week on business travel. I booked the trip at the last minute and this hotel was the only choice available. Being a female, traveling alone, I was a little skeptical about the motel configuration, in which the rooms open to outside. However, I found it to be safe, very quiet and no noise from adjacent rooms or from the road. The Hotel is conveniently located off I-10 (exit 140) and about 50 minutes from El Paso airport.
At check-in, the front desk staff was friendly and efficient. I got a room with two double beds on the second floor, near the outside stairs and parking without having to make special request. Parking lot was well lit and clean. My room was spacious and clean. My room had a dresser, a working desk, a small refrigerator and a microwave. The bed was very comfortable with new down comforters and lots of different pillows. The bathroom was squeaky clean and there were more than enough fluffy towels of all size.
Complimentary hot breakfast buffet open from 6AM until 10AM. Although the hotel was full, it was not very crowded at breakfast around 7:00AM when I needed to grab a quick bite before setting off to the office. One of the breakfast service staff was very nice; She even offered to refill my coffee cup and brought me fresh napkins. The breakfast buffet was not gourmet but it was enough for me. Breakfast included powdered scrambled eggs mixed with chopped ham. There were also English Muffins, bagels, breads, muffins, donuts, cereals, yogurt, fruit and juices to choose from as well. The coffee was excellent.
There are several restaurants nearby including Applebees, Eddie’s Bar and Grill, Cracker Barrel, Lorenzo’s, Casa Bonita. Casual eateries include Quizno’s sub and Domino’s Pizza. Walmart is located in the back of the Hotel which I used to stock up my refrigerator for late night snacks. Nearby attraction not to be missed include the historic Old Mesilla, about 2 miles away. There are several specialty shops and good restaurants there. If you visit Old Mesilla during the day, stop by and have lunch at Don Felix, which offers good and reasonable priced authentic Mexican food. If you would like to bring home some New Mexico wine, stop by one of the store there and taste the wine before decide to buy. I can’t remember the store name, but it is very easy to locate since Old Mesilla is so small and walk-able.
The Hotel offers free internet access; however, I didn’t bring my lab top, therefore I can not make comment on the speed of the service. There was a common computer in the back of the front desk office, connected to a printer, which I used to print my boarding pass.
The Hotel didn’t have express checkout, however, the front desk open 24 hours and the staff was efficient. I checked out at 4:00 AM, and within 2 minutes I was on my way to the airport. There was a well lit gas station right next to the Hotel which I used to fill up my rental car before heading to the airport.
If you can look past the motel configuration, it is not a bad place to stay for business travel. The room is well kept and service staff is very accommodating.

• Liked — Most comfortable beds, clean and great customer service
  • Disliked — Motel configuration
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

Unlike most Hampton Inns, the rooms open to outside, which is a bit skeezy. However, the room was adequate and clean. The rate was very cheap, so if you're looking for a bargain hotel, this might be the hotel for you.

• Disliked — Doors open to outside.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
hollywood, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

We were driving on our way back to california and decided to stay at the hampton inn because it was in our AAA book and was fairly cheap. After check inn, which was quick, we got to our room and was suprised of how clean and new looking it was. The beds had new down comforters, lots of different pillows, and was really, really comfortable. It had a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom has granite countertops. It was a quite stay and it was also mins away from the old town of Mesilla, which had a awesome art district. Will most likely stay here again!!!!

• Liked — the cleanliness and comfy beds
  • Disliked — outside walkway where people could walk by and look in
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Silver City, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

Needed a last minnute Hotel stay for a high traffic weekend during Labor Day Weekend as Dayghter-in-law went into labor.

This Hotel is every bit a top line place to stay. My only negative was I made the reservation with a request for a refridgerator for my Insulin. Never had the fridge.

We used the weight room, and pool. The Breakfast was impressive as a "Hot Breakfast." The room was very clean and 'homey' and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever had the pleasure of laying on. Although the room seemed small I think it was because of the very nice furniture and dark color scheme. We heard absolutly no noise from adjacent rooms or outside. There is a fire staion and rail road nearby.

The Staff was very friendly but again my need foir a fridge to keep medicine cold was not acknowledged. I had to go buy as 12v cooler and adapter to keep my Insulin from going bad. The fridge was confirmed in my reservations.

This is a pricey Hotel but worth it for all the ammenties.

Oh yeah, we now have a Grandson (our 1st).

• Liked — Ammenities
  • Disliked — Failure to accomodate a medical need
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

We've stayed in lots of motels in Las Cruces and this one is the best, primarily because of the brand new beds. I travel a lot for business and the Hilton beds really are the best.
Even though the motel had outdoor corridors, we found it to be very quiet. The hotel was full and it was very crowded at the breakfast bar, but that was fine.
Service was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2007
Palm Coast, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

We had looked forward to having a Hampton Inn for the night after a day playing in the sand of White Sands Nat Mon. What a gigantic disappointment. This place does not deserve to call itself a Hampton. All outdoor corridors, no elevators. If any of this info had been clear on their website, I would have never booked here to begin with. Thanks to the outdoor corridors on a busy street, we had people knocking on our door at all hours of the night. As three generations of females travelling alone, we definitely did not get a good night's sleep. Even the ammenities in the room were not up to Hampton Inn standards.

• Liked — The provided the usual Hampton breakfast, with a little prodding
  • Disliked — outdoor corridors
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brentwood, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

Unfortunately, this was not the nicest of the Hampton Inn properties. The doors faced toward the outside, and no part of the hotel was connected to the lobby without having to walk outside. This was not a terrible inconvenience, but some may consider this set-up to be unsafe. Nevertheless, the staff did the best they could with what they had. They were friendly, the rooms were clean, and also fairly spacious. They even had chips and salsa and fresh baked cookies when I checked in. The breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn hot breakfast - not that good and not that bad. If you can live with the fact that the property is not an "enclosed" hotel, it's not a bad place to stay for a night if you're on business travel.

Stayed December 2006

Been to Days Inn Las Cruces? Share your experiences!