“Do NOT stay at this motel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Teakwood Inn - Las Cruces

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Las Cruces
Teakwood Inn - Las Cruces
2600 S. Valley Drive, Las Cruces, NM 88005   |
Ranked #30 of 32 hotels in Las Cruces
Tucson, Arizona
“Do NOT stay at this motel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This place is the PITS! The carpets are dirty, doorhandles are broken, wallpaper is peeling and the rooms smell bad. If I had paid $29.95 for the room I wouldnt complain, but at $59.95, it is a total rip-off. Their billboard said $39.95, but due to the softball tournament in town they had jacked the prices up to $59. The lobby is nicely remodeled, as a lure. Unfortunately, they will likely trap many other interstate travelers in their web of deceit.

Room Tip: Go to the Motel 6 across the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We saw the Teakwood Inn & Suites advertised on a highway billboard as "$39.95 a night" and "indoor pool." From the outside it doesn't look bad, but the lack of cars in their parking lot and the drunk passed out near the office door should have been a warning for us to keep looking. The bed cover and sheets had holes in them and were nasty. The pillows were old and uncomfortable.The staff was very friendly and helpful, which must have been difficult to pull off because other than the indoor pool being the only worthwhile amenity, everything else about this lodging pretty much left everything to be desired.

Room Tip: Avoid this lodging when travelling through Las Cruces.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Blackfoot, ID
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

From the reviews I've read they are all completely accurate. This place is run-down, dirty, rooms smell like smoke, bedspreads have huge holes in them, pillows are flat & probably haven't been changed in 10 years, pool is unheated & the air conditioner doesn't get the room very cool. Ice maker is broken etc etc. Don't even stay here as last resort.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

From the lobby it seems like a nice place to stay. As soon as we drove around and went on a goose chase to find a way in and navigate thru unmarked doors, past walls that are torn up with spackle and paint splatter everwhere we knew better. This place is the worst we have seen yet in our week of travel from Washington state. When entering our room we were impressed by the size, but that was it. The bathroom looks like no one has cleaned it in a while with the yuck ring growing around it. We have a small table which is great for setting up our computer but there is no chair - when i called down to guest services to ask for a chair i was told i had to go down to the conference room myself to get it. that is completely unacceptable. What is the point of "GUEST SERVICES"? just curious.
I hope this will be it, but we have only been here for like 20 minutes. slightly scared.

Room Tip: ask to view the facilities first before chosing
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011 via mobile

We are not picky people; I have traveled through Cuba, Turkey, Serbia sleeping in questionable places; but this is the first motel I have walked out of without a refund! You will be lucky to find locks on your doors. We are two 21 year old women traveling alone and are room had all the locks ripped off the door. I was sketched out by this, so I walked into the hall way and closed the door to see how sturdy it was. I used my credit card to Jimmy the door and therefore decided I would not stay in it. We asked for another room which had barf dried on the floor and a crooked bed. I went back and asked for a refund and they said no because it had been over 30 minutes (because we changed rooms!). As I complained to the receptionist a police officer checked in ( in uniform); which I'm pretty sure he was setting up a bust because all he carried into the room was a package. The worst part was the cockroach that crawled up my leg while I was on my laptop looking for another room. Do yourself a favor and pay a extra 10 bucks for the hotel across the street. Worth it!!!!

• Stayed May 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Disgusting. Black mold. peeling wallpaper. No fridge or coffee maker in room as promised. If you walk on the carpet in your socks they will turn black. Ceiling falling in, in the bathroom. The woman at the front desk had no personality and was a witch. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. STAY AWAY. The room had holes in the walls and bare exposed wiring. The toilet would not flush unless you held the handle down. When we complained they said we could move to another room if we paid them more. After reading reviews by others we left our privacy sign out all weekend so nothing would be stolen from our room. We had a table in our room and no chairs and when we asked for chairs we were told if we wanted them to come get them. The heater on the pool was broken and thank god there was no free slop for breakfast as the other reviews stated. If I can figure out how to upload pictures I will. I am also sending them to the building inspector and the chamber of commerce.

Room Tip: Dont stay at Teakwood
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

We were traveling from CA on our way to Kansas when we called to make reservations which was done on the phone. The reservation person was willing to make reservation without giving the unsuspected additional fees that was added to our card which there was no refund. When making the reservation, we notified that we had a coupon from RoonSavers.com coupon book indicating $39.95 pricing so the reservaction clerk book the reservation. On arrival to Teakwook Inn, they printed out the check in slip which the pricing was $81.24 total. In letting the clerk know that the reservation was a different price, she laugh and said that the pricing is different from what was told to us when making the reservation because of the following:
1. Weekend Pricing
2. Special Event

When we were notified of these two information when up from of the price increase, we would have not booked the reservation.

The advertisement did not indicate the following:
Weekend price increase

The Advertisement indicated which they did not have:
Free High speed Wireless Internet

When I approached the front desk clerks to file a formal complaint, I was laughed at and they refused to give the manager name and contact number. This was the first establishment that refused to give out contact number for management. I went ahead and wrote a statement on my bill and had them copy it so we both had a formal complaint of this issue.

Since we were travelling a far distance and got in around 11pm, we were forced to pay the higher price due to lack of time to find another establishment to stay. This is our first and last time at Teakwood Inn in Las Cruces, NM. I would not advise anyone to stay in a business with poor business approach.

Also, we notice the following:

1. No smoke alarm in the room
2. No smoke alarm in the hallway
3. Sliding glass door was broken
4. Yard was not cared for
5. Parking lot was terrible (lots of pot holes)

Room Tip: Stay away from false/wrong information.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Teakwood Inn - Las Cruces? Share your experiences!