“Rude and unproffesional” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Las Cruces/I-10 Exit 140

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Las Cruces/I-10 Exit 140 to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Las Cruces/I-10 Exit 140
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Avenida de Mesilla, Las Cruces, NM 88005   |
Ranked #31 of 32 hotels in Las Cruces
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Rude and unproffesional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My family and I were moving back to Arizona from Louisiana and needed a pet friendly hotel for the night. When we arrived we were given a pet room and non pet room. Our pet room smelled musty and of old pet urine but I didn't complain as I figured that's what you get at a cheap hotel. Upon leaving my wife received a call accessing us of sneaking our pets in, not paying a pet deposite, and that our room (specified by the desk clerk as a pet room) was in fact not even a pet room. Even after explaining the situation to them and that there was miscommunication on their part about the whole issue they were still rude about the matter. Our dog had ended up pooping on the carpet, which we didn't see, and we were charged a $200 clean up fee for them to pick it up. I can understand a large charge for a dog peeing, but really? $200 to pick up poop is absurd. The customer service at this place is poor and the communication is awful. I would never stay here again or recommend it to anyone

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I'm active duty military and was staying in town to participate in the 25th Annual Bataan Memorial Death March happening at White Sands. I chose this hotel due to it's location off the interstate and also because the price was reasonable. Some friends from Colorado that were participating in the march were staying there as well in another room. I arrived in town early that morning (I had been traveling the past day and a half by Greyhound from Utah) and had hoped to check in before the usual check-in time. I was told that my room wasn't ready yet which I understood. My friendswere due to check-in around 4 that afternoon. I came back to the hotel once my friends arrived and we were all appalled to learn that my room was ready but theirs wasn't and were told that it might not be ready for another hour or two. At that point, we couldn't forsee cancelling our reservations and go to another hotel because by that time, most of the hotels in Las Cruces were booked up due to the event. Luckily, my friends had to go do something in El Paso so they were able to get that done and have the room ready by the time they got back but it still didn't seem right that a room wasn't ready for a guest to check into by 4pm.

The second issue I had with this hotel was the following day once the march was over. I was very sore and tired (the event is 26.2 miles!) and just wanted to get back to my room and relax for the evening. I got to my room and found that my key card wasn't working. Well, ok, I've had that happen occasionally with hotels, the card malfunctions and it's an easy fix. In this case, they had me as being checked out since early that morning even though I had the room for another night!!! What happened was that another guest had checked out of their room and had either given the hotel receptionist the wrong room number or the receptionist didn't hear the correct one. It was unbelievable, I was so upset. I think the receptionist should have double checked on the last name and not have gone by the room number. All my personal belongings had been taken out of my room and stored in a back room behind the desk. The only thing that was missing was my shower loofah which I believe the maid may have thrown out. Ok, I know that it's something cheap but it was still mine. I was very annoyed by that. The receptionist working was very apologetic about the whole incident and ended up charging me for only one night instead of two for all the trouble. The reception staff that I dealt were very nice but because of my experience on this trip with this hotel, I wouldn't stay here again if I was coming to Las Cruces.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Late evening and not knowing the area we chose this hotel. We thought it was part of the Best Western chain which has never let us down. The hotel reception was very nice and gave us what seemed like a very good discount. However, he did apologize for a few things in advance. He mentioned that the ownership had changed and they were making changes. The property was worn down and he wanted us to know. He put us in the Executive Building saying they were the nicer rooms. (I would hate to see the bad rooms). All the doors to the rooms were marked or dirty looking. The lock to the building was not working. The lock in our room was half off. I actually take responsibility of not turning around and finding a new hotel. The room was clean, but very worn, so we stuck with it. There were 3 police outside for about 30 minutes arresting someone. So I was feeling torn about staying. We specifically asked for a quiet room which would have been if there wasn't a party upstairs or loud talking from 12-2pm. Given the lack of security i wasn't about to confront or cause trouble. Just felt like this won't be a place I recommend unless they do a complete rehaul and I won't stay at another one given I know Best Western is just fine. I feel bad as the desk person was so nice and hoping to have more business.

Room Tip: Check out the rooms before deciding to stay.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Richardson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I did the research, and made the mistake of letting my husband book. Who knew there were TWO? My husband looked up the phone number and called the WRONG ONE. He got a great deal, obtained a confirmation number and we were set two days before arrival. After driving 10 hours that day, we arrived and immediately I sensed something was off. First, the front desk did not have our reservation, we provided the confirmation number, and my husband confirmed the phone number he still had in his phone when he booked the reservation. They honored the reservation at the same price. Room had a very dirty bathroom floor, smelled, and housekeeping had attempted with no success to put a queen sheet on a king bed. We were given a second room to try and it was worse than the first, so we took the sheet from the second room and put it on the bed of the first ourselves and washed the floor and ended up staying anyway since we had already unloaded all our stuff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Unfortunately we found many problems with this hotel. We had requested a non-smoking suite, however it reeked of smoke and there was hair in the bathtub. I went to the front desk and they put us in another suite that was somewhat better, but the cleanliness was still subpar. That evening we called the front desk because there were no linens on the pull-out bed and the night concierge tried to tell us there weren't any available. After some struggle we got her to bring some to the room. The next day we had to push the couch back a bit and found a mountain of dust bunnies and trash underneath the couch. More problems were: one of the queen beds rocked back and forth, the towels were the thickness and quality of a paper towel, the soap felt like cardboard, stains on the couches and bed linens (found a very questionable blood stain on the couch), broken doorknob, and the list goes on. It might be worth considering spending a little more money to get a room where you don't feel like you're going to catch a disease, but there was breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently because of a problem with the A/C from our other hotel. We had to go somewhere close by and available. We were put in the "Executive Suite". Well so much for Executive or Suite! The A/C wasn't on when we went in and it took 5 hrs for the room to cool off. There was noise every morning from the the Window side of our room. Which overlooked a Freeway and Parking lot. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls in the bathroom and they had no Vent or A/C in there either.The TV had seen better days as in the 90's. But worse of all was that I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and found a Cockroach on the sink!! After killing it and flushing it down the toilet I couldn't sleep that well from then on. We were there 2 nights. Our Bad, but we were tired of moving around and it was a packed weekend. Never saw another cockroach but would never stay in this Hotel again! Plus the free breakfast was nothing to speak of! The only thing going for it was the Clean Sheets, and the Fridge and microwave in our room.

Room Tip: I have no tip except maybe if you are single and don't care much for all of the above it would w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

After having our dinner, We shopped around few hotels around the block & decided to stay here. The front desk staff was very kind and courteously checked us in into a mini king suite room in the executive building. We paid $55 for the room and were pleasantly surprised by the decor & quality of the suite. The bathroom area was larger with modern granite vanity, coffee maker, hair dryer and other standard amenities. In room free Internet worked fast & nice..
If looking for an inexpensive & nice room.. Than this place is highly recommended...

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Las Cruces/I-10 Exit 140? Share your experiences!