“Don't Make our Mistake - Be sure to book the OTHER one. There are TWO!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Las Cruces/I-10 Exit 140

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Las Cruces/I-10 Exit 140 to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Las Cruces/I-10 Exit 140
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Avenida de Mesilla, Las Cruces, NM 88005   |
Ranked #32 of 32 hotels in Las Cruces
Richardson, Texas
“Don't Make our Mistake - Be sure to book the OTHER one. There are TWO!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I did the research, and made the mistake of letting my husband book. Who knew there were TWO? My husband looked up the phone number and called the WRONG ONE. He got a great deal, obtained a confirmation number and we were set two days before arrival. After driving 10 hours that day, we arrived and immediately I sensed something was off. First, the front desk did not have our reservation, we provided the confirmation number, and my husband confirmed the phone number he still had in his phone when he booked the reservation. They honored the reservation at the same price. Room had a very dirty bathroom floor, smelled, and housekeeping had attempted with no success to put a queen sheet on a king bed. We were given a second room to try and it was worse than the first, so we took the sheet from the second room and put it on the bed of the first ourselves and washed the floor and ended up staying anyway since we had already unloaded all our stuff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Unfortunately we found many problems with this hotel. We had requested a non-smoking suite, however it reeked of smoke and there was hair in the bathtub. I went to the front desk and they put us in another suite that was somewhat better, but the cleanliness was still subpar. That evening we called the front desk because there were no linens on the pull-out bed and the night concierge tried to tell us there weren't any available. After some struggle we got her to bring some to the room. The next day we had to push the couch back a bit and found a mountain of dust bunnies and trash underneath the couch. More problems were: one of the queen beds rocked back and forth, the towels were the thickness and quality of a paper towel, the soap felt like cardboard, stains on the couches and bed linens (found a very questionable blood stain on the couch), broken doorknob, and the list goes on. It might be worth considering spending a little more money to get a room where you don't feel like you're going to catch a disease, but there was breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently because of a problem with the A/C from our other hotel. We had to go somewhere close by and available. We were put in the "Executive Suite". Well so much for Executive or Suite! The A/C wasn't on when we went in and it took 5 hrs for the room to cool off. There was noise every morning from the the Window side of our room. Which overlooked a Freeway and Parking lot. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls in the bathroom and they had no Vent or A/C in there either.The TV had seen better days as in the 90's. But worse of all was that I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and found a Cockroach on the sink!! After killing it and flushing it down the toilet I couldn't sleep that well from then on. We were there 2 nights. Our Bad, but we were tired of moving around and it was a packed weekend. Never saw another cockroach but would never stay in this Hotel again! Plus the free breakfast was nothing to speak of! The only thing going for it was the Clean Sheets, and the Fridge and microwave in our room.

Room Tip: I have no tip except maybe if you are single and don't care much for all of the above it would w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

After having our dinner, We shopped around few hotels around the block & decided to stay here. The front desk staff was very kind and courteously checked us in into a mini king suite room in the executive building. We paid $55 for the room and were pleasantly surprised by the decor & quality of the suite. The bathroom area was larger with modern granite vanity, coffee maker, hair dryer and other standard amenities. In room free Internet worked fast & nice..
If looking for an inexpensive & nice room.. Than this place is highly recommended...

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chino Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

After reading the reviews, we booked this hotel from this site. We got our confirmation, but didn't check the address, assuming it was this hotel. A few weeks later we arrived in Las Cruces and went to the address on our confirmation, but, it turns out, it was the OTHER Americas Best Value Inn in Las Cruces. (yes, there are 2 in Las Cruces) We didn't realize it until after we had checked in and unloaded all of our stuff so we stayed. As for the one at 901 Avenida De Mesilla it was aweful! There was trash and cigarette butts everywhere. The remote didn't work. The pool area was out of control. . people drinking too much, and kids running wild! (I have 5 children of my own so I understand that kids like to have fun, but this was OUT OF CONTROL) The people above us kept us awake all night. It sounded like they were going to come through the ceiling. . . all night long! The final straw was the 4am wake up call I did not order. The only thing this place had going for it was that the staff was friendly. Bottom line. . CHECK THE ADDRESS! You don't want to stay in the OTHER one!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was going to give this hotel a worse review until I realized I payed less that $70 (before local fees and taxes.) I waited too long to make a reservation the weekend of NMSU commencement and didn't have many choices. This is a good location on Avenida de Mesilla, but it appears this Americas Best Value Inn is often confused with the one on Picacho Street.

This is a typical old, once nice property, that has fallen into disrepair and is a budget motel. Our room had been remodeled, but the quality of the work was poor and it still smelled musty. There were not near enough towels in the room, and were told they would bring more when they were washed. That never happened. The pool had not been cleaned in a while and the pool furniture was too dirty to sit in. Although the room furnishings were beat up, the bed was very firm and not a problem.

I did not like staying there and will not stay there again. It is likely that Americas Best Value Inn is not the chain for me. For budget travelers, it may not be a bad choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Las Cruces/I-10 Exit 140? Share your experiences!