“Wonderful surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilltop Hacienda Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Cruces
Hilltop Hacienda Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Hilltop Hacienda Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2600 Westmoreland, Las Cruces, NM 88012   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Las Cruces B&B and Inns
Rockwall, Tx
“Wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

On 04-26-2012 I stayed at the HH with hosts Bob and Teddi. It was my first B&B experience ever so I was uncertain of what to expect. In short, it was fantastic. I do not know why I never tried this earlier. My room was spotless and comfortable with great views of the New Mexico desert. Their thoughtful attention to many details make the guest comfortable and welcomed. Before an excellent breakfast I enjoyed sitting on a remote bench surrounded by their property and meditating into the sun. I reveled in the isolation and in the sounds of birds and breeze. In their 22 years of running HH Bob and Teddi have clearly developed a winning formula!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I should have written this months ago but it's testimony to how much I loved staying here that I'm doing it now. I didn't have a clue where I was when I arrived from the UK and was dropped off at the HH on afternoon in late October last year but I stayed four days longer than I was planning to and that was because it turned out to be a bit of heaven. I'm a writer and had a big deadline so I spent more time in my room than most guests do but it didn't matter because I was so happy there. The bed was impeccably comfortable, the bathroom immaculate, the breakfasts delicious, the sunsets ... don't talk to me about the sunsets. A more peaceful place to work I could not have hoped for (nor a couple of gentler or more interesting hosts). I can't recommend this home from home highly enough. I am crossing my fingers and toes that I get sent back there one day. Maybe Rupert Murdoch will ask me to open an office for him in Las Cruces.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
hilltophacienda, Owner at Hilltop Hacienda Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Jessica, it was a pleasure having you as our guest back in October. You were delightful and we so enjoyed witnessing your excitement of our enchanted New Mexico. Every day was sunshine for us having you here. We do hope to see you back here someday.
Espanola, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is a lovely place to stay. Our two dogs were welcome and stayed with us in our room. There's a large, shared kitchen and a large living room with a TV. Fast Internet connection all around the property. Nice paths to walk and a smashing view. The place is kept very clean and in good repair. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely return!

Room Tip: We stayed in the largest room with a King Size bed. The bedroom and bathroom were very spacious and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Grant, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We were greeted with a smile and a handshake "WOW' we thought they were waiting for US! It seemed they cared we were there, again WOW! THe Southwest room was ours for the next 10 nights. It was a large room as was the attached bath and beautiful tile shower. The bed was the most comfortable I had ever slept in. There is a large TV room for relaxing at night, a kitchen if we choose to use it, dining room and so much outdoor space. The Hilltop Hacienda overlooks the city of Las Cruces, beautiful at night all lit up and surrounded by those mountains that change color and character as the clouds pass. Bob and Teddi have carved out trails with seating that allows you to take advantage of every bit of the sun and interesting terrain. Bob and Teddi invited us along to Hatch, NM on their errand day. We were treated to views of chile fields ablazed with color. Hatch Chile Market treated us to fresh roasted chile's, so very good. I found christmas ornaments for my family in the downtowm saturday market, what an experience. Bob and Teddi were so kind and full of information about their city and the sites. We have new family in this adorable couple. You must include the Hilltop Hacienda with your next visit to New Mexico, I certainly will.

Room Tip: All rooms were spacious and included bathrooms and big closets. Decor was southwestern with family h...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
nuggiecat, Owner at Hilltop Hacienda Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Bob and I are always happy to know when a guest is happy with us. After 22 years operating a bed and breakfast and serving thousands of people, we still enjoy the experience of meeting each new guest. Some of them become great friends and that is the best reward!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Perhaps you need the edginess of modern motel life to keep you in tune on business trips. But, if you’re like me and benefit from gracious surroundings, great views, and charming company, with marvelous food and sleep, then Hilltop Hacienda is a dream-come-true. Teddi and Bob greeted my late-evening arrival with flashlights and smiles. Days ended with a quiet, calming Southwest Sunset.

After decades of bad sleep and stressful days consulting with computer and accounting people throughout New Mexico, my recent trip to Las Cruces was the best yet, largely due to Teddi and Bob. I will bring my wife on the next trip and stay some extra days for pure pleasure. We’ve stayed in B&Bs before, but this one is the best.

Lynn Beckwith
Automation Consultants, Albuquerque

Room Tip: Don't worry.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Have been staying at this magnificent property for the past 20 years--beyond your wildest expectations!! Words cannot properly describe this home with fantastic views of the surrounding countryside. Perfect, unobstructed views of the Dona Anna Mtns. and the fabulous Organ Mtns. The Mesilla Valley and Las Cruces are spread out below the property--the lights at nigth are wonderful. No better place to see the full moon above this magical and enchanting place. The owners are wonderful!! And the food is superb; Teddi and Bob are excellent host/hostess. Rooms are wonderfully decorated in the 'Cruces theme--New Mexico as it is meant to be enjoyed!! Wonderful natural landscaping, and local wildlife (i.e., road runners, quail, jack rabbits, hawks, eagles, westen jays, & many humming bird/in-season, to mention just a few.)

Room Tip: I love the "green" room!! What a gem!! But all 3/on the lower level are quite fine.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

We were basing in Las Cruces for our visit to White Sands National Monument. It had been pretty challenging finding a non-chain accommodation...the economy has definitely impacted this area forcing many privately owned inns to close. After silence in response to most of my email or telephone inquiries, I finally found this place...and, fortunately, it was perched atop a hill at the end of a long partially paved road away from Las Cruces' most visually challenged areas.

Hilltop Hacienda definitely lived up to its name. A middle-aged brick hacienda with views of New Mexico's pastel mountains and lovingly tended, although temporarily frost damaged, grounds. Our hosts, Bob and Teddi, gave us free reign over a common living room (with a plasma TV and massive video library...that we tech-challenged females never could get take advantage of), the consummate Southwestern mini-dining room, a functional kitchen, one comfortable bedroom, a separate private two-female sized bathroom (with a sink for each of us), and various exposed or protected outside places to sit and observe various local critters scurry or fly by. Breakfast was a treat...in setting (on a patio under a tree and mountains surrounding us), cuisine (a German delight known as "Dutch Babies", smothered in fresh berries and whipped cream and complimented by bacon, hot tea or coffee, and orange juice), and content (friendly conversation with Bob and our inn-mates).

This is not a fancy place...but, it has personality. I'll take that any day over the blandness of a corporate chain...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilltop Hacienda Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!