After staying at a few, we have started to look for Drury Inns when we're on road trips. We've found them to be great deals, with lots of stuff included for a modest price. In addition, their people seem to be very well-trained and they work as seamless teams to ensure a good stay for you. This Drury Inn in Las Cruces was no exception.
We arrived just in time for the included evening meal. This is not a top-notch meal, but it does just fine, with some basic selections. When you're not interested in getting some local color or have limited time, as we do on these one-night stays, it fills the bill. Getting a couple of free drinks doesn't hurt either when you're road-weary at the end of the day. The people serving at the evening meal were tremendous - very helpful, personable and polite.
The included breakfast is a bit more than you would expect, too.
Even the free internet service was better than expected and I used the fast upload times to catch up on posting some photo files to my online storage account. That's nearly impossible to do at most hotels, even the high-priced ones which tack on an extra fee for internet.
The room was comfortable and spacious -- again considering the low price -- and we both slept well on our king-sized bed. The only downside was how close this particular hotel is to the Interstate, which whips cars right on by. The soundproofing is enough to take care of it, but you might want to request a room facing away from the highway.
Though they furnishings in the public areas are comfortable and stylish, there is no pretending this is a four-star hotel. However, you won't get ripped off for extras as you would at those four-stars. You'll just get good service, a nice room and a good stay. Enough? We think so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, "hot" means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Conveniently located at I-10 and Avenida De Mesilla, only minutes from unique attractions, world-class dining, shopping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Hotwire, Regatta Hotels, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces Hotel Las Cruces
- Drury Inn And Suites Las Cruces
- Drury Inn Las Cruces
- Drury Las Cruces
- Las Cruces Drury Inn