“Affordable, Basic and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

You added Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico to your Saves list
Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico
2080 South Triviz Drive, Las Cruces, NM 88001   |
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Las Cruces
“Affordable, Basic and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was in Las Cruces for one week to visit my kids. Originally intended to stay at a typical budget motel such as M6 or S8 but stopped in to the Las Cruces Value Place due to the great advertized rate of $179 a week and the modern apperaance of the building. The staff was friendly and offered me a tour. I liked what I saw and stayed the week. The property was clean, quiet and provided just what I needed. The rooms are basic with a nice bathroom, full size refrigerator & microwave. The bed wasn't the greatest and the TV was small. Internet is not wifi, rather eithernet. All in all, for the price it was a good value and met expectations. I will return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the reviewers who expressed frustration with other Value Place reviews who faulted this establishment for not providing more space, comfort and other hotel style luxuries. This is, after all, the "Value Place"! My wife and I stayed at the Las Cruces Value Place for one month while looking for a house to buy. We are quite pleased with all they had to offer for a low monthly rate. Our small studio apartment was very efficiently designed and organized. We had a comfortable double bed, air conditioning, a double burner stove, a full sized refrigerator and freezer, a microwave oven, good storage space and cabinets, and cable TV and Internet. A good coin operated laundry room was also provided. The staff were both very friendly and efficient and provided good security. We would certainly stay at the Value Place again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its advertised price per week and its central location. The rooms are a decent size, and relatively comfortable. Highly recommend for the budget traveler who is looking for a clean safe place to stay for a week or more. The kitchenette is good enough to make small meals, and with a Walmart less than two miles away, a creative traveler can make this a home away from home.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's not a resort, and thats not what I need. I've been staying at the value place for 4 months now with my job. Everything is very convenient for me, laundry room, cable, internet. And the staff works very well me and others that I've that I've seen. I would have no problem staying here again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Worst place ever do not stay here!!! As mgt said they have a lot of families here so if you don't want it to sound like a heard of elephants above you stay somewhere else!!
We arrived late so they have a phone in the lobby that you need to pick up and dial a number so someone can come down and check you in, we had to call 3 times before someone came down. No apology was given for the long wait. The hotel runs along a busy road so we asked for a room on the opposite side. This caused a bit of a problem but he was finally able to comply. We got to our room and settled in. By 4:30am we were awoken by the family above us thumping around. By 6:30am the kids were up and running literally! We went to see mgt at 9am as soon as the office opened. Chris the property manager told us our options were he could move us but he would have to charge us $25 for a cleaning fee or we let him talk to the people and if they didn't stop then he could move us and waive the fee. Chris explained they have a lot of families that stay there so even if he moved us he couldn't guarantee it would be any better. If we wanted to move to the top floor then we would be on the smoking floor. When he called their room they said they were leaving the next day(believe me I would've paid the $25 if I had known they were staying). The next morning they woke us up at 5:30am and this morning 6am. They have not left and we have not slept. We have informed management each day but they have yet to move us. Last night they told us they would kick the family out if we complained one more time. So here I am writing a review at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning because I don't want to make a family homeless. You pay by the week here so there are a lot of long term people. I will be going to the office again at 9am for them to move us!! I am so tired :( It was my father in-law who booked us this hotel. Based on other reviews I would never have chosen this place!

• Stayed January 2013
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the lack of sleep you experienced due to the guests above you. We hope each of our guests is able to have a pleasant, restful stay at Value Place and we are sorry that your stay did not meet those expectations.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This the worst place that I have ever stayed at. The bed is a thin mattress that sits on a plank of plywood. Even as a broke twenty year old I slept on more comfortable floors. The tv was smaller than my lap top screen with such bad resolution. I would have used my laptop to watch shows but the internet did not work for the whole week I was there. I wanted to rent plates and pots and pans but for the seven days I was there they were not available and the set on display was off limits so I could see but could not have. I was supposed to stay there for 20 days after the sixth day I felt like it was a cell where prisoners went for punishment. I would rather pitch a tent on the side of I-25 than stay there again.

Room Tip: Any room anywhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here my first month or so while starting a new position in El Paso-mainly because of the close proximity to I-25 and NMSU. I, like several other people, decided to stay there because of the price and their efficiency-type rooms. I was offered their $29 kitchen set (upsell alert!), only to be told they were"out". I ended up at Walmart, where I bought my kitchen set (including coffee maker) for the same price as I would have paid for their's. Their entir staff-from the front desk to housekeeping) makes it a very enjoyable place to stay, and the location is just right-El Paso is only a 35 minute drive (even with the road construction), and downtown is only a few minutes away. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the east side (facing the freeway) unless you're an early riser.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at Value our helpful staff will make sure your guest experience is a positive one, whether you need something for your room or directions to the closest car repair shop. At Value Place, you can expect courteous treatment from professionals who are committed to maintaining guest privacy and peace of mind. We wish you well with your future travels and cant wait to have you back!

Been to Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico? Share your experiences!