“Value Place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 32 hotels in Las Cruces
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Value Place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's not a resort, and thats not what I need. I've been staying at the value place for 4 months now with my job. Everything is very convenient for me, laundry room, cable, internet. And the staff works very well me and others that I've that I've seen. I would have no problem staying here again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Orlando, Florida, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Worst place ever do not stay here!!! As mgt said they have a lot of families here so if you don't want it to sound like a heard of elephants above you stay somewhere else!!
We arrived late so they have a phone in the lobby that you need to pick up and dial a number so someone can come down and check you in, we had to call 3 times before someone came down. No apology was given for the long wait. The hotel runs along a busy road so we asked for a room on the opposite side. This caused a bit of a problem but he was finally able to comply. We got to our room and settled in. By 4:30am we were awoken by the family above us thumping around. By 6:30am the kids were up and running literally! We went to see mgt at 9am as soon as the office opened. Chris the property manager told us our options were he could move us but he would have to charge us $25 for a cleaning fee or we let him talk to the people and if they didn't stop then he could move us and waive the fee. Chris explained they have a lot of families that stay there so even if he moved us he couldn't guarantee it would be any better. If we wanted to move to the top floor then we would be on the smoking floor. When he called their room they said they were leaving the next day(believe me I would've paid the $25 if I had known they were staying). The next morning they woke us up at 5:30am and this morning 6am. They have not left and we have not slept. We have informed management each day but they have yet to move us. Last night they told us they would kick the family out if we complained one more time. So here I am writing a review at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning because I don't want to make a family homeless. You pay by the week here so there are a lot of long term people. I will be going to the office again at 9am for them to move us!! I am so tired :( It was my father in-law who booked us this hotel. Based on other reviews I would never have chosen this place!

• Stayed January 2013
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the lack of sleep you experienced due to the guests above you. We hope each of our guests is able to have a pleasant, restful stay at Value Place and we are sorry that your stay did not meet those expectations.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This the worst place that I have ever stayed at. The bed is a thin mattress that sits on a plank of plywood. Even as a broke twenty year old I slept on more comfortable floors. The tv was smaller than my lap top screen with such bad resolution. I would have used my laptop to watch shows but the internet did not work for the whole week I was there. I wanted to rent plates and pots and pans but for the seven days I was there they were not available and the set on display was off limits so I could see but could not have. I was supposed to stay there for 20 days after the sixth day I felt like it was a cell where prisoners went for punishment. I would rather pitch a tent on the side of I-25 than stay there again.

Room Tip: Any room anywhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here my first month or so while starting a new position in El Paso-mainly because of the close proximity to I-25 and NMSU. I, like several other people, decided to stay there because of the price and their efficiency-type rooms. I was offered their $29 kitchen set (upsell alert!), only to be told they were"out". I ended up at Walmart, where I bought my kitchen set (including coffee maker) for the same price as I would have paid for their's. Their entir staff-from the front desk to housekeeping) makes it a very enjoyable place to stay, and the location is just right-El Paso is only a 35 minute drive (even with the road construction), and downtown is only a few minutes away. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the east side (facing the freeway) unless you're an early riser.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at Value our helpful staff will make sure your guest experience is a positive one, whether you need something for your room or directions to the closest car repair shop. At Value Place, you can expect courteous treatment from professionals who are committed to maintaining guest privacy and peace of mind. We wish you well with your future travels and cant wait to have you back!
Santa Fe NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

These folks make the place. John at night has a great attitude, as do the others. They make the place comfortable,CLEAN, quiet, and a home away from home. How about a great location across University Avenue from New Mexico State University and the community that serves it.
The best shopping mall in town a walk awaytoo.

Room Tip: stay a week as the rules state-you'll want to stay longer as I have.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate your stay with us and glad to hear you had a great experience! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Value Place prides on being clean and safe because your peace of mind matters! Again, thank you for lodging with us and we hope you'll come back and visit!
Santa Fe NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Rating the LC Value Place became necessary after reading the reviews of the dis-pleased.
First- The staff is terrific courteous and competent. The place is very clean, a big deal for me.
If the unhappy were as competent, they would have found a Comfort Inn next door(at 4 times the price-really $33.00 per night vs $120.00). I like the place and will stay there again. Yeah, the
Hilton has better everything.It's cost $150.00 per night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us and glad to hear it was a good experience! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Again, thank you for lodging with us, we wish you well in your future travels and we hope to see you again the next time you come through town.
COMLJOHN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed here my first week while starting a new position in Las Cruces. I selected it because of the cost and because it had an efficiency type room. What I didn't know was the room has no kitchen stuff at all; no silverware, plates, cups or cookware. So I ended up at Walmart buying essentials I already had planned to move when I located a permenant place. Of course you can buy a set of 4 from the hotel. I rented a studio apartment but they lost the reservation, but they were willing to rent me the next size room (for an additional $100+). They did eventually find an available studio but only after much time, telephone calls and complaints.
The room is sparse at best and beware the "Damage Deposit" scam. The office is not staffed during normal hours people check in or out so if you don't get your deposit back when you leave... good luck. 2-weeks after I checked out I'm still chasing these scammers trying to get back my damage deposit. They won't call you back, they'll tell you they sent you a check (on a credit card deposit); it goes on and on. The advertised price gets you in the door and only then do you realize the true costs.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Value Place Las Cruces, New Mexico? Share your experiences!